Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sad thing about all this is.... 11:32 - Jul 29 with 8467 viewsParsSwans

Yes we are in the championship again and yes we are all disappointed about current situation lack of signings etc etc. We punched above our weight and capabilities for longer than we all thought however the saddest thing about the last few years is the most important thing.... it has divided the most important thing to any club and hats it’s fans.
I respect mostly everyone’s opinions on anything in life and it’s all about debate not hate when talking over things the thing that I find personally frustrating is the way this has all transpired.
In projective terms we went up with a decent squad and spent compatibly less in first year up than we did in the rest of our time up in PL which continued for a second season. Now it’s all good and well saying we don’t have stadium and financial clout etc but the business model and standing we had got into then gave us an advantage ie laudrups side sell on value of players etc etc. So we earned and fought our way there and then after laudrup we started to spend more and more BUT then declined which is unforgivable. I liken it to if my boss gave me a shed full of dosh to improve my store and improve sales, standards, customer experience etc and literally every key performance measure decreased I wouldn’t have a leg to stand on and rightly so. We have wasted millions to get worse is where I’m getting at so all this well we don’t have the financial clout is a nonsense in SOME Regards the money we had continued to be wasted Fees on substandard players, pay offs for all managers booted and huge wages for poor players.
I run a multi million pound organisation and I manage to improve it with reduced labour costs and good strategic planning I’m not a genius but have a decent enough business brain.
We now have discontent partly because some fans have never seen the lows whilst most of us including myself have. I hate bullshit and sadly our board and owners are full of it. remember HJ as the clubs saviour when he and a few others saved the club well to me that has utterly been destroyed” Dyer is like a new signing” on his return from Leicester was just insulting as was the insult “we will learn from this near miss with relegation” two years ago.
Also I find it staggering that some still think he should remain in charge after the unfair dismissal findings of two ex directors and alleged penning of his name to meetings that never transpired in any other place of work that would be he sack and does this still pass the fit and proper peoples test to run a football club?
We desperately need a unifying head of club to move us forward, don’t shoot me for this but I believe Potter was brought in to kind of fulfill this role with playing style, community initiative mindset like the stuff he used to set up between fans and players/staff in Ostersunds. Sadly I think he is the right man at completely the wrong time, personally he would be perfect for a year or twos time when we have cleared the deadwood which we must/have to and all the dust has settled, right now he has come in at the start of the powder keg evolution. Even if one league 1 he’d be in a better place with more of a blank canvas and someone more experienced and a short term appointment to get us through the next two windows of getting all the old out so we CAN then refresh totally and someone like Potter would be far suited to that.
I’ll be there this season and next and whatever league we are in I’m a Swansea City fan through and through but only we can make the difference and we need to now. Get behind Potter and players but drive the old regime and Yanks out of our club so we can unite and whatever fall out after is be proud OUR CLUB is back
Change it...only we can!
The sad thing about all this is.... on 13:47 - Jul 29 with 1394 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:48 - Jul 29 by moonie

Now that s better. Getting insulted by Chrissy.
bryn and I are hardly chums but to be insulted in the same thread as him makes my day.

Sadly, Chissy, me ol mucker, it's over. You can't kid yourself anymore

We are a basket case and it s all so unnecessary. We ve got a chairman who effectively thrown away 50 million quid. We WERE is not good enough. We ARE shameful whereas you are shameless but when you re pretty but hard ( of course) head hits the pillow ,you know the truth and it hurts ,doesn't it.

And don't see homosexual sex is necessarily evil as you alluded to recently. It's personal choice and many valley boys ,like you, from Gareth Thimas to Lord Filthy Tonypandy ,denied their sexuality due to narrow minded valley mindsets ,like yours really. It's no good wanting to beat them up or abusing them as you ll be locked up. My advice is to come out and be yourself. Cocksize is not a prerequisite . Even tiny cocks can be happy and content ,so have a think ,then pray ,not prey .

It's you that's the basket case and it's you living a parallel life of homosexuality in a long term heterosexual relationship.

It's been that hard on you it's turned you into the facked up mes you are today.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The sad thing about all this is.... on 13:48 - Jul 29 with 1384 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:50 - Jul 29 by dobjack2

It’s not relegation that’s hacking people off, I agree that it was almost inevitable. It’s the way we got relegated and the reasons for relegation.

We had scares and opportunities to Change things for the better. All that happened was that the owners got rich and the mistakes got bigger.

So did EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE CLUBS UP THERE......... AND MORE.

Think.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The sad thing about all this is.... on 13:49 - Jul 29 with 1378 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:50 - Jul 29 by jack2jack

We could have easily stayed up last season, yes we had injuries suspensions etc.
But let's be honest it was arguably a poor league apart from the usual suspects,but in the end we fvcked it up, and there was no need, no need at all, all good things come to an end, but the way we capitulated on all levels was unforgivable
Oh and I don't give a flying fvck if no one agrees its my opinion alright.

And for EVERY OTHER CLUB???

A similar story perhaps?

The sad thing about all this is.... on 13:53 - Jul 29 with 1365 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:54 - Jul 29 by awayjack

Completely agree. Lazy recruitment and focus on personal agendas not the club led to our demise. Small club arguments are nonsense where revenues TV dwarf gate monies. Look at number of the old 'big clubs' in Championship v the likes of Burnley, Watford, Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Fulham etc in PL. If we were run properly in the last 2-3 years we'd still be in PL.

Then we would've been the VERY BEST CLUB outside of ENGLAND"S TRUE ELITE

Wow!!!!

And you're saying that we SHOULD HAVE.... like we DESERVED IT, like it WAS OUR OWN FAULT why Swansea City FC - Yep, that Swans from the league's 1 and 2 who had only ever been in the top flight for 2 previous seasons in their entire history - yes, that Swansea City FC that should then have been talked about in the same context as

Man United
Liverpool
Everton
Arsenal
Spurs
Chelsea
Man City

THAT "SHOULD" have been us, everyone..... !!!!

The sad thing about all this is.... on 13:54 - Jul 29 with 1363 viewsSgorioFruit

in a nutshell

SCFC are a pile of shite

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The sad thing about all this is.... on 14:00 - Jul 29 with 1355 viewsdobjack2

The sad thing about all this is.... on 13:48 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

So did EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE CLUBS UP THERE......... AND MORE.

Think.

if we had gone down after one bad season then it would have been one of those things. We had several chances to put things right but just made it worse.

We didn’t learn from mistakes, we kept repeating them.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 14:02 - Jul 29 with 1351 viewsjack2jack

The sad thing about all this is.... on 13:49 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

And for EVERY OTHER CLUB???

A similar story perhaps?

Not really au fait with how other clubs are run tbh, apart from the basket cases who have hit the news in recent times.
Look I'm not going to start the whole thing off again, because it's all been said before adinfinitum.
Be honest, it's been a disaster for the last couple of seasons, we can all see it.
It's not like we didn't have the experience, for god's sake, look where we were.
Mistakes have been made, but no lessons learned, that's poor by any standards.
This is not a corner shop, it's a multi million pound business, and should be run and treated as such, in every way.
That's my opinion for what it's worth take it or leave it, love it or loath it, there it right there.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:07 - Jul 29 with 1291 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 14:00 - Jul 29 by dobjack2

if we had gone down after one bad season then it would have been one of those things. We had several chances to put things right but just made it worse.

We didn’t learn from mistakes, we kept repeating them.

Look back at that small sample of club's I listed earlier. How many of them are exactly the same?

Login to get fewer ads

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:10 - Jul 29 with 1285 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 14:02 - Jul 29 by jack2jack

Not really au fait with how other clubs are run tbh, apart from the basket cases who have hit the news in recent times.
Look I'm not going to start the whole thing off again, because it's all been said before adinfinitum.
Be honest, it's been a disaster for the last couple of seasons, we can all see it.
It's not like we didn't have the experience, for god's sake, look where we were.
Mistakes have been made, but no lessons learned, that's poor by any standards.
This is not a corner shop, it's a multi million pound business, and should be run and treated as such, in every way.
That's my opinion for what it's worth take it or leave it, love it or loath it, there it right there.

That's fine, have your opinion, but don't ignore the screaming out at you facts either.

Regardless of how any other club has been run we would've been the longest serving EPL club outside of the very elite.

That tells you EXACTLY how hard it is to sustain success no matter what club you are.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:30 - Jul 29 with 1258 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:10 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

That's fine, have your opinion, but don't ignore the screaming out at you facts either.

Regardless of how any other club has been run we would've been the longest serving EPL club outside of the very elite.

That tells you EXACTLY how hard it is to sustain success no matter what club you are.

OR - how easily that can be thrown away.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:32 - Jul 29 with 1256 viewsdobjack2

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:07 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

Look back at that small sample of club's I listed earlier. How many of them are exactly the same?

I get your point and l’m not saying we were unique, just that we were making costly mistakes and not learning from them or indeed from the mistakes made by other clubs. Weren’t the first and probably won’t be the last.

The one thing that we couldn’t afford to do was make mistakes that were going to cripple us financially if/when we got relegated e.g. bad buys on expensive contracts; a double hit.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:40 - Jul 29 with 1242 viewsmoonie

Other club's . Other club's what exactly.

There are other clubs and there are the other clubs .

The same they re not

We were not the same but were changed ,for the worse. Incalculable damage .
The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:52 - Jul 29 with 1228 viewsAngelRangelQS

The only person with any sense of reality in this thread is The Res.

It was obvious the PL gets harder after a few seasons, irrespective of owners etc. Unless you’re one of the top 6 or 7, you’re only ever one or two bad decisions away from where we find ourselves now. I think history proves that
The sad thing about all this is.... on 16:06 - Jul 29 with 1210 viewsDrizzy

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:52 - Jul 29 by AngelRangelQS

It was obvious the PL gets harder after a few seasons, irrespective of owners etc. Unless you’re one of the top 6 or 7, you’re only ever one or two bad decisions away from where we find ourselves now. I think history proves that

Wasn't just one or two decisions, was it? It was a string of errors drawn out over a few years.

We're now in a Sunderland-esque position of having to loan out 7-figure signings just to try and remain financially solvent. Future of the club now in the most uncertainty since 2003 thanks to clueless owners with a proven track record of utter failure in football.

If things hopefully stabilise in the future then you'll be right to lament the hysteria but right now people have every right to be incensed. A patronising call for realism doesn't change that.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The sad thing about all this is.... on 16:06 - Jul 29 with 1213 viewsswan65split

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:50 - Jul 29 by dobjack2

It’s not relegation that’s hacking people off, I agree that it was almost inevitable. It’s the way we got relegated and the reasons for relegation.

We had scares and opportunities to Change things for the better. All that happened was that the owners got rich and the mistakes got bigger.

He is as they say "Twp"
The sad thing about all this is.... on 16:11 - Jul 29 with 1201 viewsmoonie

One or two decisions? Well no.

Dozens as we made then yes

Bizarre to see such unrelenting claptrap from Res . I'm all for individuals and opinions but when you re wrong ,you ve gotta admit it ,if only to yourself.

We re fecked it up Chrissy.. Welsh boys too ..we ve stabbed each other in the back ...Welsh again.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 16:11 - Jul 29 with 1202 viewsdobjack2

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:52 - Jul 29 by AngelRangelQS

Don’t disagree that you are only a couple of bad decisions away from potential relegation.

If you make those bad decisions, and stay up surely you should then be analysing what mistakes were made and looking not to repeat them.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 16:53 - Jul 29 with 1159 viewsmoonie

.mes?

Hope you get to my age. You re not respector of anything of age and I would not assume you ll live as long as me

Reading your posts,it's clear you re suffering .

Be yourself but it's nice to be nice
The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:40 - Jul 29 with 1099 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:30 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

OR - how easily that can be thrown away.

By every single club.

Yeah, uncanny.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:43 - Jul 29 with 1094 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:32 - Jul 29 by dobjack2

I get your point and l’m not saying we were unique, just that we were making costly mistakes and not learning from them or indeed from the mistakes made by other clubs. Weren’t the first and probably won’t be the last.

The one thing that we couldn’t afford to do was make mistakes that were going to cripple us financially if/when we got relegated e.g. bad buys on expensive contracts; a double hit.

Wow, making mistakes....

How amazingly naive of us.

I'll go back to the massive elephant in the room.

Show me a club that doesn't.....

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:44 - Jul 29 with 1092 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:40 - Jul 29 by moonie

Other club's . Other club's what exactly.

There are other clubs and there are the other clubs .

The same they re not

We were not the same but were changed ,for the worse. Incalculable damage .

Senile closet dweller alert

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:46 - Jul 29 with 1089 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 16:06 - Jul 29 by Drizzy

Wasn't just one or two decisions, was it? It was a string of errors drawn out over a few years.

We're now in a Sunderland-esque position of having to loan out 7-figure signings just to try and remain financially solvent. Future of the club now in the most uncertainty since 2003 thanks to clueless owners with a proven track record of utter failure in football.

If things hopefully stabilise in the future then you'll be right to lament the hysteria but right now people have every right to be incensed. A patronising call for realism doesn't change that.

Leave any thought of intelligent thought process to one side and carry on sharking.your nonce in the shadows.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:53 - Jul 29 with 1080 viewsDrizzy

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:46 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

Leave any thought of intelligent thought process to one side and carry on sharking.your nonce in the shadows.

You're becoming increasingly nonsensical, Res. Clearly the pressure of calling multiple people different variations of c*nt is taking its toll on you.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:57 - Jul 29 with 1063 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 16:11 - Jul 29 by dobjack2

Don’t disagree that you are only a couple of bad decisions away from potential relegation.

If you make those bad decisions, and stay up surely you should then be analysing what mistakes were made and looking not to repeat them.

And if it were as easy as that we'd never get promotion as no teams would get relegated (sic)

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:58 - Jul 29 with 1063 viewsParsSwans

I’ve got it the Res is actually Huw Jenkins, you missing your trips to Falkirk then Jenks? 🤣
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024