Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sad thing about all this is.... 11:32 - Jul 29 with 8540 viewsParsSwans

Yes we are in the championship again and yes we are all disappointed about current situation lack of signings etc etc. We punched above our weight and capabilities for longer than we all thought however the saddest thing about the last few years is the most important thing.... it has divided the most important thing to any club and hats it’s fans.
I respect mostly everyone’s opinions on anything in life and it’s all about debate not hate when talking over things the thing that I find personally frustrating is the way this has all transpired.
In projective terms we went up with a decent squad and spent compatibly less in first year up than we did in the rest of our time up in PL which continued for a second season. Now it’s all good and well saying we don’t have stadium and financial clout etc but the business model and standing we had got into then gave us an advantage ie laudrups side sell on value of players etc etc. So we earned and fought our way there and then after laudrup we started to spend more and more BUT then declined which is unforgivable. I liken it to if my boss gave me a shed full of dosh to improve my store and improve sales, standards, customer experience etc and literally every key performance measure decreased I wouldn’t have a leg to stand on and rightly so. We have wasted millions to get worse is where I’m getting at so all this well we don’t have the financial clout is a nonsense in SOME Regards the money we had continued to be wasted Fees on substandard players, pay offs for all managers booted and huge wages for poor players.
I run a multi million pound organisation and I manage to improve it with reduced labour costs and good strategic planning I’m not a genius but have a decent enough business brain.
We now have discontent partly because some fans have never seen the lows whilst most of us including myself have. I hate bullshit and sadly our board and owners are full of it. remember HJ as the clubs saviour when he and a few others saved the club well to me that has utterly been destroyed” Dyer is like a new signing” on his return from Leicester was just insulting as was the insult “we will learn from this near miss with relegation” two years ago.
Also I find it staggering that some still think he should remain in charge after the unfair dismissal findings of two ex directors and alleged penning of his name to meetings that never transpired in any other place of work that would be he sack and does this still pass the fit and proper peoples test to run a football club?
We desperately need a unifying head of club to move us forward, don’t shoot me for this but I believe Potter was brought in to kind of fulfill this role with playing style, community initiative mindset like the stuff he used to set up between fans and players/staff in Ostersunds. Sadly I think he is the right man at completely the wrong time, personally he would be perfect for a year or twos time when we have cleared the deadwood which we must/have to and all the dust has settled, right now he has come in at the start of the powder keg evolution. Even if one league 1 he’d be in a better place with more of a blank canvas and someone more experienced and a short term appointment to get us through the next two windows of getting all the old out so we CAN then refresh totally and someone like Potter would be far suited to that.
I’ll be there this season and next and whatever league we are in I’m a Swansea City fan through and through but only we can make the difference and we need to now. Get behind Potter and players but drive the old regime and Yanks out of our club so we can unite and whatever fall out after is be proud OUR CLUB is back
Change it...only we can!
The sad thing about all this is.... on 10:16 - Jul 30 with 1334 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 10:09 - Jul 30 by AngelRangelQS

It wasn't all a completely unforeseen accident but these things never are.

There were probably a few significant mistakes made over the space of a couple of years (IMO, appointing Monk full time, not signing Joe Allen, not getting Brendan back and then sacking Guidolin after 7 games and appointing BB) which have led us to where we are now i.e. a right mess via a club nobody really wanted to come to.

Once you're on that slope, its pretty much proven that it's impossible to stop the slide.

I have no issue with Jenkins staying at the club as long as he has no say in recruitment. Primarily this is because I have no faith that the Americans will appoint anyone better. However, as I alluded to in an earlier post, you can't blame him for all the bad signings and decisions we've made and offer no credit for the good ones.

The truth is we were punching well above our weight in the PL and as soon as we inevitably lost our better players and made the odd mistake, we were always going to be in trouble. Like every other club our size and within our range of "spending power".

A completely fair and accurate account of our situation past and present.

If some are just being pig headed and choosing not to see it like that, then that's their problem.

Still the ones most vocal are skirting past the fact that no Club outside of the top 6 sustains success, or even a place in that league, but they're pissed off we didn't.

And all this at the expense of being proud of what happened to us in footballing terms. We had 7 years up there. What a fantasic journey.

Now let's start planning a return

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The sad thing about all this is.... on 10:21 - Jul 30 with 1320 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 10:14 - Jul 30 by AngelRangelQS

I'm just going from what Carvahal repeatedly said in his interview when he knew he was leaving - i.e. that nobody wanted to come here.

Would you go and play for a club firmly rooted in the bottom three, struggling for the third season in a row with a manager like Carvahal in place? I'm really unsure under what circumstances that would be appealing for anyone.

Unless you think he was lying, in which case perhaps you can tell me what his motives could possibly have been for doing so?

King Bony would've got them in...

Forget the fact he's probably out of work,yeah he would've signed what we needed.

FFS 😂

🤡

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The sad thing about all this is.... on 10:34 - Jul 30 with 1300 viewsCooperman

The sad thing about all this is.... on 10:09 - Jul 30 by AngelRangelQS

It wasn't all a completely unforeseen accident but these things never are.

There were probably a few significant mistakes made over the space of a couple of years (IMO, appointing Monk full time, not signing Joe Allen, not getting Brendan back and then sacking Guidolin after 7 games and appointing BB) which have led us to where we are now i.e. a right mess via a club nobody really wanted to come to.

Once you're on that slope, its pretty much proven that it's impossible to stop the slide.

I have no issue with Jenkins staying at the club as long as he has no say in recruitment. Primarily this is because I have no faith that the Americans will appoint anyone better. However, as I alluded to in an earlier post, you can't blame him for all the bad signings and decisions we've made and offer no credit for the good ones.

The truth is we were punching well above our weight in the PL and as soon as we inevitably lost our better players and made the odd mistake, we were always going to be in trouble. Like every other club our size and within our range of "spending power".

The only point I would add to this is the shocking way in which the sale was handled. This has created a big stain on his reputation and is a reason why I am not completely comfortable with his ongoing association.

Lay this on the table and we have an all round summary.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:40 - Jul 30 with 1254 viewsGreatBritton

For a while a friend of mine lived in an expensive, luxury house that was the envy of all his mates. He drank expensive wine, held dinner parties for interesting new clever and affluent friends and was overjoyed he had escaped his impoverished upbringing and reinvented himself.
Then his wife divorced him and he had to move to a much more modest house. He reverted to eating sausage and mash and started shopped in Primark and Lidl. He's actually quite happy now - his smart pals turned out to be fine weather friends only interested in eating his gourmet dinners and drinking his vintage clarets.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:12 - Jul 30 with 1216 viewsCooperman

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:40 - Jul 30 by GreatBritton

For a while a friend of mine lived in an expensive, luxury house that was the envy of all his mates. He drank expensive wine, held dinner parties for interesting new clever and affluent friends and was overjoyed he had escaped his impoverished upbringing and reinvented himself.
Then his wife divorced him and he had to move to a much more modest house. He reverted to eating sausage and mash and started shopped in Primark and Lidl. He's actually quite happy now - his smart pals turned out to be fine weather friends only interested in eating his gourmet dinners and drinking his vintage clarets.

There’s nowt wrong with some of the claret on sale at Lidl.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:19 - Jul 30 with 1202 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 11:40 - Jul 30 by GreatBritton

Let's hope we'll lose a few of those this season.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 14:43 - Jul 30 with 1133 viewsbyron

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:19 - Jul 30 by TheResurrection

Let's hope we'll lose a few of those this season.

The way you lot are going, you will lose plenty in the championship I tells you bra

Benny

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:00 - Jul 30 with 1105 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 14:43 - Jul 30 by byron

The way you lot are going, you will lose plenty in the championship I tells you bra

Fans you six fingered fanny

Login to get fewer ads

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:31 - Jul 30 with 1029 viewsKingBony

The sad thing about all this is.... on 09:59 - Jul 30 by TheResurrection

You wanted us to be top 6 did you, you poor sad kunt

No just trying to explain to pork how teams end up being there.

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:36 - Jul 30 with 1026 viewsKingBony

The sad thing about all this is.... on 10:14 - Jul 30 by AngelRangelQS

I'm just going from what Carvahal repeatedly said in his interview when he knew he was leaving - i.e. that nobody wanted to come here.

Would you go and play for a club firmly rooted in the bottom three, struggling for the third season in a row with a manager like Carvahal in place? I'm really unsure under what circumstances that would be appealing for anyone.

Unless you think he was lying, in which case perhaps you can tell me what his motives could possibly have been for doing so?

Yeah there are no hungry young players out there that would have fancied coming to play in the PL and at worst ending up in the championship. Let’s just spunk another 18m on someone that had done feck all for 18 months 👍

Honestly it’s like people think there are not players who would have busted a gut to get the opportunity to play for us at that time.

I’ll say it again for you and that tvvwat who keeps failing every year with his shite predictions LAZY and INCOMPETENT recruitment strategy. It’s not difficult to understand
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 19:14]

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:38 - Jul 30 with 1023 viewsKingBony

The sad thing about all this is.... on 10:21 - Jul 30 by TheResurrection

King Bony would've got them in...

Forget the fact he's probably out of work,yeah he would've signed what we needed.

FFS 😂

🤡

Yeah similar to your sell siggy and Llorente bullocks 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Fair play what a first class moron 😂😂

Sure I just read you telling us all routs should be our number 10 as well feck me eyes.

You really are special
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 18:58]

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:03 - Jul 30 with 1002 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:38 - Jul 30 by KingBony

Yeah similar to your sell siggy and Llorente bullocks 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Fair play what a first class moron 😂😂

Sure I just read you telling us all routs should be our number 10 as well feck me eyes.

You really are special
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 18:58]

Get a drink down you you waste of space

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:06 - Jul 30 with 1004 viewsmoonie

And nearer fifty than forty
The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:16 - Jul 30 with 991 viewsKingBony

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:03 - Jul 30 by TheResurrection

Get a drink down you you waste of space

Ok 👍

The sad thing about all this is.... on 20:42 - Jul 30 with 944 viewsAngelRangelQS

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:36 - Jul 30 by KingBony

Yeah there are no hungry young players out there that would have fancied coming to play in the PL and at worst ending up in the championship. Let’s just spunk another 18m on someone that had done feck all for 18 months 👍

Honestly it’s like people think there are not players who would have busted a gut to get the opportunity to play for us at that time.

I’ll say it again for you and that tvvwat who keeps failing every year with his shite predictions LAZY and INCOMPETENT recruitment strategy. It’s not difficult to understand
[Post edited 30 Jul 2018 19:14]

Or the young hungry players could have waited a few months and joined a team definitely in the Premier League. If you think the next Michu etc would have joined us in January you’re deluded.

There would have been plenty of players who’d have wanted to have joined us at that time but whether they’d have been an improvement on what we had is a totally different question.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 20:48 - Jul 30 with 933 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 20:42 - Jul 30 by AngelRangelQS

Or the young hungry players could have waited a few months and joined a team definitely in the Premier League. If you think the next Michu etc would have joined us in January you’re deluded.

There would have been plenty of players who’d have wanted to have joined us at that time but whether they’d have been an improvement on what we had is a totally different question.

He is deluded we know that for sure.

He thinks he knows it all about signing professional footballers in
January.

It doesn't matter if was clearly explained, this chump knows it to be untrue.... FACT

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:06 - Jul 30 with 900 viewsKingBony

The sad thing about all this is.... on 20:42 - Jul 30 by AngelRangelQS

What on earth has Michu got to do with anything? Did you class Michu as young and hungry? Feck me there must be something in the water 😂😂

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:07 - Jul 30 with 898 viewsKingBony

The sad thing about all this is.... on 20:48 - Jul 30 by TheResurrection

He is deluded we know that for sure.

He thinks he knows it all about signing professional footballers in
January.

It doesn't matter if was clearly explained, this chump knows it to be untrue.... FACT

I’ve forgotten more than you will ever know about football sunshine and that’s a big fat FACT 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024