Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The sad thing about all this is.... 11:32 - Jul 29 with 8536 viewsParsSwans

Yes we are in the championship again and yes we are all disappointed about current situation lack of signings etc etc. We punched above our weight and capabilities for longer than we all thought however the saddest thing about the last few years is the most important thing.... it has divided the most important thing to any club and hats it’s fans.
I respect mostly everyone’s opinions on anything in life and it’s all about debate not hate when talking over things the thing that I find personally frustrating is the way this has all transpired.
In projective terms we went up with a decent squad and spent compatibly less in first year up than we did in the rest of our time up in PL which continued for a second season. Now it’s all good and well saying we don’t have stadium and financial clout etc but the business model and standing we had got into then gave us an advantage ie laudrups side sell on value of players etc etc. So we earned and fought our way there and then after laudrup we started to spend more and more BUT then declined which is unforgivable. I liken it to if my boss gave me a shed full of dosh to improve my store and improve sales, standards, customer experience etc and literally every key performance measure decreased I wouldn’t have a leg to stand on and rightly so. We have wasted millions to get worse is where I’m getting at so all this well we don’t have the financial clout is a nonsense in SOME Regards the money we had continued to be wasted Fees on substandard players, pay offs for all managers booted and huge wages for poor players.
I run a multi million pound organisation and I manage to improve it with reduced labour costs and good strategic planning I’m not a genius but have a decent enough business brain.
We now have discontent partly because some fans have never seen the lows whilst most of us including myself have. I hate bullshit and sadly our board and owners are full of it. remember HJ as the clubs saviour when he and a few others saved the club well to me that has utterly been destroyed” Dyer is like a new signing” on his return from Leicester was just insulting as was the insult “we will learn from this near miss with relegation” two years ago.
Also I find it staggering that some still think he should remain in charge after the unfair dismissal findings of two ex directors and alleged penning of his name to meetings that never transpired in any other place of work that would be he sack and does this still pass the fit and proper peoples test to run a football club?
We desperately need a unifying head of club to move us forward, don’t shoot me for this but I believe Potter was brought in to kind of fulfill this role with playing style, community initiative mindset like the stuff he used to set up between fans and players/staff in Ostersunds. Sadly I think he is the right man at completely the wrong time, personally he would be perfect for a year or twos time when we have cleared the deadwood which we must/have to and all the dust has settled, right now he has come in at the start of the powder keg evolution. Even if one league 1 he’d be in a better place with more of a blank canvas and someone more experienced and a short term appointment to get us through the next two windows of getting all the old out so we CAN then refresh totally and someone like Potter would be far suited to that.
I’ll be there this season and next and whatever league we are in I’m a Swansea City fan through and through but only we can make the difference and we need to now. Get behind Potter and players but drive the old regime and Yanks out of our club so we can unite and whatever fall out after is be proud OUR CLUB is back
Change it...only we can!
The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:10 - Jul 29 with 1309 viewsJackSomething

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:52 - Jul 29 by AngelRangelQS

The only person with any sense of reality in this thread is The Res.

It was obvious the PL gets harder after a few seasons, irrespective of owners etc. Unless you’re one of the top 6 or 7, you’re only ever one or two bad decisions away from where we find ourselves now. I think history proves that

We were struggling entering the January transfer window in 2017. We sacked Bradley on the 27th December and appointed Clement on 3rd January. In that transfer window, we signed Narsingh, Carroll, Olsson and Jordan Ayew for something like £19m (plus whatever we valued Taylor at). All of a decent age and at decent value, meaning even those that didn't work out probably wouldn't lose a lot of value and should be easy enough to keep on the books or sell if we were relegated.

Had we been relegated after that, I'd have little complaint as I think that demonstrates a financially responsible and reasonably well planned out attempt at avoiding relegation.

We were struggling entering the January transfer window in 2018. We sacked Clement on 20th December and appointed Carvahal on 28th December. No problem with that, gave us a little longer to plan for the transfer window with our new manager. We then only signed one player in the transfer window and only then right at the very end, possibly because the board were lulled into a false sense of security thanks to some great results that month and possibly because they didn't have a clue who to sign.

Our only signing was a 28-year old former player for £18m on a big contract, who'd mostly flopped since leaving us. This left us with an expensive player on big wages who we'd find very difficult to shift if we got relegated, with every other club knowing we couldn't afford to keep him (with the summer signing of Bony being eerily similar)

As you say, one or two bad decisions away from relegation. The stark difference between the two transfer windows is shocking though and Jenkins and anyone else responsible for decisions at his level should have paid with their jobs. If we had been relegated last season, we would still have got a fair whack for Llorente and Gyfli and would have had far fewer players we had to shift at any cost, leaving us far better equipped for a promotion push.

Anyone defending the running of the club after the shambolic transfer window is either an apologist or delusional. In my opinion of course.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:15 - Jul 29 with 1303 viewsLeonWasGod

The sad thing about all this is.... on 12:41 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

But FFS mun, even that example is a major reason why club only have a cyclical amount of time for success.

Because there IS NO PERFECT ownership either to any football club.

This happens to us all.

Villa
Forest
Sheffield Weds
Sheffield United
Derby
Middlesboro
Sunderland
Newcastle (relegated twice in 6 years)
Bolton
Brum
West Brom
Stoke
Wolves for years
Norwich
Ipswich
Wigan
Blackburn
Hull
Leeds

FFS - think about it.... It gets harder every year you're there.

To manage fans expectations by bringing in bigger names, current players wanting new contracts, the inevitable imbalance in players wages, the apathy in the stands of finishing 17th upwards.

I can't believe I've got to drum this into anyone.

You missed off Charlton. I always see them as a perfect, and one of the earliest, examples of how you can go from riches to rags in the PL. The PL is unforgiving, it swallows teams up in the greed of escalating costs and shites them out the other end. Almost unbelievable we survived as long as we did. Also unbelievable the sell outs sold out the way they did too. That’s at a core of a lot of people’s sadness, anger, whatever. Throw in crap football and you’ve the perfect storm.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:18 - Jul 29 with 1299 viewsParsSwans

Spot on JackSomething! There are people like yourself and others with aspirations for our club to grow and continue to build or others that go oh well that’s it we were bound to go down eventually, yes but not in the way we did a SHAMBLES
The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:23 - Jul 29 with 1280 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:10 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

We were struggling entering the January transfer window in 2017. We sacked Bradley on the 27th December and appointed Clement on 3rd January. In that transfer window, we signed Narsingh, Carroll, Olsson and Jordan Ayew for something like £19m (plus whatever we valued Taylor at). All of a decent age and at decent value, meaning even those that didn't work out probably wouldn't lose a lot of value and should be easy enough to keep on the books or sell if we were relegated.

Had we been relegated after that, I'd have little complaint as I think that demonstrates a financially responsible and reasonably well planned out attempt at avoiding relegation.

We were struggling entering the January transfer window in 2018. We sacked Clement on 20th December and appointed Carvahal on 28th December. No problem with that, gave us a little longer to plan for the transfer window with our new manager. We then only signed one player in the transfer window and only then right at the very end, possibly because the board were lulled into a false sense of security thanks to some great results that month and possibly because they didn't have a clue who to sign.

Our only signing was a 28-year old former player for £18m on a big contract, who'd mostly flopped since leaving us. This left us with an expensive player on big wages who we'd find very difficult to shift if we got relegated, with every other club knowing we couldn't afford to keep him (with the summer signing of Bony being eerily similar)

As you say, one or two bad decisions away from relegation. The stark difference between the two transfer windows is shocking though and Jenkins and anyone else responsible for decisions at his level should have paid with their jobs. If we had been relegated last season, we would still have got a fair whack for Llorente and Gyfli and would have had far fewer players we had to shift at any cost, leaving us far better equipped for a promotion push.

Anyone defending the running of the club after the shambolic transfer window is either an apologist or delusional. In my opinion of course.

For one we signed two players last January.

For two no one is defending some of the decisions made that's caused our downfall per se.

Maybe you can read the thread or the general gist of what some of the more realistic and sensible posters are trying to say.....

That the whole season after season after season gets harder and harder and harder.

And do you know why some are proclaiming that? Yeah, again, look at the club's who stay in that league routinely and look at the raft of club's who - hey - by some how by hook or by crook, have made the same or similar mistakes as us and been relegated.

Fack me... A team with two (2) previous seasons in its entire 100 plus years history in the top flight and we've got mugs shouting their mouths of we're not emulating the true, rich elite of the country.

F#cking barmy. F#cking nonsense. F#cking insulting.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:25 - Jul 29 with 1278 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:15 - Jul 29 by LeonWasGod

You missed off Charlton. I always see them as a perfect, and one of the earliest, examples of how you can go from riches to rags in the PL. The PL is unforgiving, it swallows teams up in the greed of escalating costs and shites them out the other end. Almost unbelievable we survived as long as we did. Also unbelievable the sell outs sold out the way they did too. That’s at a core of a lot of people’s sadness, anger, whatever. Throw in crap football and you’ve the perfect storm.

Yeah, now this is the true problem and aim of our chav culture ire....

Local boys got rich.... Of course people are going to hate that....regardless of the FACT they made every footballing dream of ours come true.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:30 - Jul 29 with 1261 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:18 - Jul 29 by ParsSwans

Spot on JackSomething! There are people like yourself and others with aspirations for our club to grow and continue to build or others that go oh well that’s it we were bound to go down eventually, yes but not in the way we did a SHAMBLES

And there are downright idiots who live their whole lives with their heads up their arse in cloud facking cuckoo land.

Please tell me your theory that SCFC are better than 95% of the league and we had a damn right to be at the top table as long as the big six.

Try telling that to a Leeds fan, or Villa, or any other fan of that long list I put up.
Try saying this on a generic football forum and watch yourself get ridiculed.

It's humiliating.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:41 - Jul 29 with 1249 viewsParsSwans

Nobody is saying that Resurection all team go up and down maybe you should get an interpreter to go through the posts again just we got in a position of strength and lack of business acumen and integrity cost us but for three seasons in a row . I just look at my own career and business sense and know what I look to achieve and how I do it and we have totally ballsed it up over and over again simples
The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:51 - Jul 29 with 1235 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:41 - Jul 29 by ParsSwans

Nobody is saying that Resurection all team go up and down maybe you should get an interpreter to go through the posts again just we got in a position of strength and lack of business acumen and integrity cost us but for three seasons in a row . I just look at my own career and business sense and know what I look to achieve and how I do it and we have totally ballsed it up over and over again simples

But you won't compare it to the reality of the most harsh football league in world football and look at the catalogue of club's who have also failed at it.

But us, the Super Swans, with all our history steeped in success, we should've been different.

We could've been a new Arsenal.

Forgive me for thinking you're talking shit.

Login to get fewer ads

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:52 - Jul 29 with 1232 viewsParsSwans

I think someone might need to Resurrect the res in a mo highly strung today isn’t he!
The sad thing about all this is.... on 20:05 - Jul 29 with 1207 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:52 - Jul 29 by ParsSwans

I think someone might need to Resurrect the res in a mo highly strung today isn’t he!

If you've got nothing credible and realistic to bring to the table it's off to bed for you.

Your op was a lot of bluster without any real thought process.playing up to an already dumbed down and frustrated crowd who just want to lash out anywhere and at anyone.

Expecting more from our football club than 95% of the football league has achieved is plain barking mate.

We don't need long and boring diatribes digging old ground, we need to accept who we are and plan again for another onslaught on what was once the impossible, to get back up there again.

We won't do it with fans going on like you and that's another fact.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 20:11 - Jul 29 with 1205 viewsLeonWasGod

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:25 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

Yeah, now this is the true problem and aim of our chav culture ire....

Local boys got rich.... Of course people are going to hate that....regardless of the FACT they made every footballing dream of ours come true.

It’s got little to do with that, and you know it. Many on here have said the issue isn’t that they sold, it’s HOW (borderline illegal, certanly immoral) and to WHO (track record of fecking clubs up, we were warned) and with no due diligence.
The sad thing about all this is.... on 20:19 - Jul 29 with 1182 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 20:11 - Jul 29 by LeonWasGod

It’s got little to do with that, and you know it. Many on here have said the issue isn’t that they sold, it’s HOW (borderline illegal, certanly immoral) and to WHO (track record of fecking clubs up, we were warned) and with no due diligence.

Yeah, and if you believe the idiots on here then god help you.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 20:42 - Jul 29 with 1154 viewsdobjack2

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:57 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

And if it were as easy as that we'd never get promotion as no teams would get relegated (sic)

Don’t be silly it doesn’t suit you.

If you feck it up but don’t get relegated, learn from your mistakes and change your behaviour in the right way it should make it less likely to get relegated the following season (but not impossible)

However if you don’t learn from them you increase the likelihood of the same thing happening the next season ( until you finally get the season when there are not 3 teams that feck it up even more than you do)
The sad thing about all this is.... on 21:07 - Jul 29 with 1126 viewsAngelRangelQS

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:10 - Jul 29 by JackSomething

Carvahal said that nobody wanted to come to us in January so as bad a signing as it was, he was probably the only choice we really had. It was a gamble that, had he hit a purple patch, would have paid off. I highly doubt anyone saw him as an ideal signing but a necessary risk.

Once the wheels start falling off a club like ours it’s only a matter of time before they come off completely. We managed to hold them on for a while, particularly in that decent January window you’re talking about (incidentally I notice no credit was given for that, yet everyone is more than happy to criticise the bad ones) but I firmly believe that had we stayed up last season, a year from now would have seen us in a far worse position. Maybe we’ve gone down a year too early to do a Sunderland.

The club have done everything completely right so far this summer imo
The sad thing about all this is.... on 21:24 - Jul 29 with 1110 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The sad thing about all this is.... on 18:43 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

Wow, making mistakes....

How amazingly naive of us.

I'll go back to the massive elephant in the room.

Show me a club that doesn't.....

Show us a chairman or CEO that starts choosing players the manager doesn't play, loans them out and repeats the same mistake five, six or seven times losing millions of pounds all the while relegating his own club?

It's Huw isn't it?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:04 - Jul 29 with 1067 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 21:24 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

Show us a chairman or CEO that starts choosing players the manager doesn't play, loans them out and repeats the same mistake five, six or seven times losing millions of pounds all the while relegating his own club?

It's Huw isn't it?

So that's our reason is it? The Planet Swans lynch mob have decided.... fine.

So what about the other 20 or 30 realistic clubs that have also not managed to stay up - some being gone for what looks like an eternity?

You'll find mistakes in every one of them, and clearly, some of them must have been absolutely catastrophic.

But this isn't even a debate. What i've said all along in this thread is staring each and every one of us in the face - we just have fans that only see what they want to see.

Steve, it, you, the other idiots on here shouting their mouths off without any rhyme, reason or repercussion - it's all just a lot pathetic.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:17 - Jul 29 with 1043 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:04 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

So that's our reason is it? The Planet Swans lynch mob have decided.... fine.

So what about the other 20 or 30 realistic clubs that have also not managed to stay up - some being gone for what looks like an eternity?

You'll find mistakes in every one of them, and clearly, some of them must have been absolutely catastrophic.

But this isn't even a debate. What i've said all along in this thread is staring each and every one of us in the face - we just have fans that only see what they want to see.

Steve, it, you, the other idiots on here shouting their mouths off without any rhyme, reason or repercussion - it's all just a lot pathetic.

It wasn't just mistakes, it was pure blind narcissism . "I can do just as good a job as any DOF".
Considering he's already failed in business whatever we're Morgan and co thinking giving him a free hand to f*ck this football club up.
See what I want to see? Are you for f*cking real? Turn the spotlight on yourself and tell me how many others share your opinion? Are the both of you seeing what YOU want to see?

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:51 - Jul 29 with 1011 viewsKingBony

The sad thing about all this is.... on 15:52 - Jul 29 by AngelRangelQS

The only person with any sense of reality in this thread is The Res.

It was obvious the PL gets harder after a few seasons, irrespective of owners etc. Unless you’re one of the top 6 or 7, you’re only ever one or two bad decisions away from where we find ourselves now. I think history proves that

Bullocks

Daddy Daddy cool, Daddy Daddy cool

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:54 - Jul 29 with 1000 viewsKingBony

The sad thing about all this is.... on 19:51 - Jul 29 by TheResurrection

But you won't compare it to the reality of the most harsh football league in world football and look at the catalogue of club's who have also failed at it.

But us, the Super Swans, with all our history steeped in success, we should've been different.

We could've been a new Arsenal.

Forgive me for thinking you're talking shit.

How do the top 6 become the top 6 you feckin welk of a human being?

Do dou du duh du they stay in the Top league you feckin moron.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:58 - Jul 29 with 996 viewsKingBony

The sad thing about all this is.... on 21:07 - Jul 29 by AngelRangelQS

Carvahal said that nobody wanted to come to us in January so as bad a signing as it was, he was probably the only choice we really had. It was a gamble that, had he hit a purple patch, would have paid off. I highly doubt anyone saw him as an ideal signing but a necessary risk.

Once the wheels start falling off a club like ours it’s only a matter of time before they come off completely. We managed to hold them on for a while, particularly in that decent January window you’re talking about (incidentally I notice no credit was given for that, yet everyone is more than happy to criticise the bad ones) but I firmly believe that had we stayed up last season, a year from now would have seen us in a far worse position. Maybe we’ve gone down a year too early to do a Sunderland.

The club have done everything completely right so far this summer imo

“Only choice we really had” ? Nah I’m not having that bullocks fella. Poor planning, poor scouting ant a tvvat at the helm re-signing players the stupid dick.

Plenty of quality out there and probably cheaper that could have strengthened that shite excuse of a squad but we are lazy and completely at the mercy of the numbskulls running our club.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 00:17 - Jul 30 with 986 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:58 - Jul 29 by KingBony

“Only choice we really had” ? Nah I’m not having that bullocks fella. Poor planning, poor scouting ant a tvvat at the helm re-signing players the stupid dick.

Plenty of quality out there and probably cheaper that could have strengthened that shite excuse of a squad but we are lazy and completely at the mercy of the numbskulls running our club.

It's as if it was all a completely unforeseen "accident". Which is the convenient explanation for those who can't accept the truth. Or won't.

The sad thing about all this is.... on 09:58 - Jul 30 with 888 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:17 - Jul 29 by Brynmill_Jack

It wasn't just mistakes, it was pure blind narcissism . "I can do just as good a job as any DOF".
Considering he's already failed in business whatever we're Morgan and co thinking giving him a free hand to f*ck this football club up.
See what I want to see? Are you for f*cking real? Turn the spotlight on yourself and tell me how many others share your opinion? Are the both of you seeing what YOU want to see?

Failed in business?

The millionaire Jenkins??

Shut up boy

The sad thing about all this is.... on 09:59 - Jul 30 with 885 viewsTheResurrection

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:54 - Jul 29 by KingBony

How do the top 6 become the top 6 you feckin welk of a human being?

Do dou du duh du they stay in the Top league you feckin moron.

You wanted us to be top 6 did you, you poor sad kunt

The sad thing about all this is.... on 10:09 - Jul 30 with 872 viewsAngelRangelQS

The sad thing about all this is.... on 00:17 - Jul 30 by Brynmill_Jack

It's as if it was all a completely unforeseen "accident". Which is the convenient explanation for those who can't accept the truth. Or won't.

It wasn't all a completely unforeseen accident but these things never are.

There were probably a few significant mistakes made over the space of a couple of years (IMO, appointing Monk full time, not signing Joe Allen, not getting Brendan back and then sacking Guidolin after 7 games and appointing BB) which have led us to where we are now i.e. a right mess via a club nobody really wanted to come to.

Once you're on that slope, its pretty much proven that it's impossible to stop the slide.

I have no issue with Jenkins staying at the club as long as he has no say in recruitment. Primarily this is because I have no faith that the Americans will appoint anyone better. However, as I alluded to in an earlier post, you can't blame him for all the bad signings and decisions we've made and offer no credit for the good ones.

The truth is we were punching well above our weight in the PL and as soon as we inevitably lost our better players and made the odd mistake, we were always going to be in trouble. Like every other club our size and within our range of "spending power".
The sad thing about all this is.... on 10:14 - Jul 30 with 861 viewsAngelRangelQS

The sad thing about all this is.... on 23:58 - Jul 29 by KingBony

I'm just going from what Carvahal repeatedly said in his interview when he knew he was leaving - i.e. that nobody wanted to come here.

Would you go and play for a club firmly rooted in the bottom three, struggling for the third season in a row with a manager like Carvahal in place? I'm really unsure under what circumstances that would be appealing for anyone.

Unless you think he was lying, in which case perhaps you can tell me what his motives could possibly have been for doing so?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024