Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Matt Phillips 09:02 - Jan 20 with 2440 viewsantoknee64

Certainly changed the game for us on Saturday, cant comment on Ipswich game but does anybody know why HR doesn't start with him.
1) Fitness levels still not 100%
2) HR doesn't really rate him
3) HR tactics to hold out for clean sheet until he thinks Phillips can change it
etc etc
I feel that playing with at least one winger our options are better than plenty of other Championship teams ,hence the reason we do not score plenty of goals.
Austin looked more comfortable with Phillips on the pitch,it seemed as though we had so many opportunities when he came on ?.
Matt Phillips on 09:11 - Jan 20 with 2416 viewsCHUBBS

He's the most penetrative midfielder we have yet struggles to do it for 90 minutes so he could well be struggling with fitness after no pre season.
He played very well picking up the ball deep and powering past their whole midfield time and again.
He's getting better and is going to be a great signing for the future as he's only 22.
Another excellent signing by Redknap,up there with Austin for me.
Matt Phillips on 10:05 - Jan 20 with 2356 viewsdaveB

Redknapp signed him so imagine he does rate him, I just think he went with a similar shape to the Ipswich game on Saturday and planned to use Phillips as an impact sub, the shape of the team first half with 2 strikers starting plus Niko, Simpson and BAE all bombing forward was hardly one set out with a clean sheet as it's priority hence the number of chances created against us.
Matt Phillips on 10:08 - Jan 20 with 2347 viewsbosh67

It was his most impactful 45 minutes for me. Very direct, very positive and used his pace to real effect. He does also have quite a shot on him. Something he needs to develop.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Matt Phillips on 10:59 - Jan 22 with 2221 viewsantoknee64

Matt Phillips on 09:11 - Jan 20 by CHUBBS

He's the most penetrative midfielder we have yet struggles to do it for 90 minutes so he could well be struggling with fitness after no pre season.
He played very well picking up the ball deep and powering past their whole midfield time and again.
He's getting better and is going to be a great signing for the future as he's only 22.
Another excellent signing by Redknap,up there with Austin for me.

Worrying about pre-season in late January
Matt Phillips on 11:22 - Jan 22 with 2174 viewshoof_hearted

As you say, he changed the game and we won them both. Bringing him on when the opposition are tiring and he knows he can go at them full pelt is getting the maximum out of the squad.

Starting him was not so effective. Good management.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024