Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Monk out of his depth 12:31 - Apr 16 with 6083 viewsJACKARSE

http://www.shoot.co.uk/monk-out-of-his-depth/
Monk out of his depth on 12:33 - Apr 16 with 4817 viewsairedale

Who is Joe Paley?
Monk out of his depth on 12:39 - Apr 16 with 4790 viewsJACKARSE

Monk out of his depth on 12:33 - Apr 16 by airedale

Who is Joe Paley?

Good point, I didn't check but he is a Media student.
Monk out of his depth on 12:46 - Apr 16 with 4759 viewsLord_Bony

Laughing stock? Nah

But he is right about Chico though..

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Monk out of his depth on 12:55 - Apr 16 with 4704 viewsDarran

I have to say coaching badges are the biggest pile of shit in the history of football.

You can have them all and not know what you're doing and you can have none and still know what you're doing.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Monk out of his depth on 12:56 - Apr 16 with 4695 viewsairedale

The only laughing stock in the PL imo is Cardiff and possibly Newcastle, Sunderland were when the nutter was present.
Monk out of his depth on 13:00 - Apr 16 with 4684 viewsPegojack

The energy he used to write that 'article' would have been better spent picking his nose for two minutes....
Monk out of his depth on 13:14 - Apr 16 with 4632 viewsGretsch

Swansea are out of all cup competitions without making a sizeable impression, have a player in charge of first-team affairs with no coaching badges, whilst also battling for survival in the league ....

Contradictary I think, I believe we made better than expected progress in Europe and didn't do too badly in the FA cup, beating Man Utd for the first time at Old Trafford, and oging out to Everton after playing a second string mostly.
Monk out of his depth on 13:14 - Apr 16 with 4631 viewsdgt73

Haven't read the link, but when monk took over, i really wanted it to work out for him. But now I believe Sir huw needs to bring it someone else. P.s still have total respect for monk.

Poll: Have Swansea got some of the most negative w@nkers following them

Login to get fewer ads

Monk out of his depth on 13:15 - Apr 16 with 4629 viewsUxbridge

Monk out of his depth on 12:39 - Apr 16 by JACKARSE

Good point, I didn't check but he is a Media student.

I would have suggested that he change courses to something less taxing, but Media Studies is pretty much as easy as it gets.

That Chico comment is superb. Just how many OGs and red cards has he actually had this year? I can only recall 1 of each, which isn't that bad for a CB.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Monk out of his depth on 13:18 - Apr 16 with 4611 viewsharemscarem

Monk out of his depth on 12:55 - Apr 16 by Darran

I have to say coaching badges are the biggest pile of shit in the history of football.

You can have them all and not know what you're doing and you can have none and still know what you're doing.

Seriously? I have got one of the educations through DBU, and it learned me a lot. To me the education in Denmark gave me a lot, and I am totally different coach now compared to before. Our coaches teached us a lot of small details that could come in hand, when You teach a player (for instance how to run when youre team have a throw in). Technically the coaches gave us a lot of advices that You could give on to players (for instance what to think about when making your first touch). The next step (that I stille haven't got) is more about tactic. I think if You listen at those educations, You can learn a lot.

Monk out of his depth on 13:20 - Apr 16 with 4593 viewsUxbridge

Yeah, and schools. What's the point of them innit. Dint do mee ne arm.

Monk out of his depth on 13:22 - Apr 16 with 4587 viewsWarwickHunt

Monk out of his depth on 13:15 - Apr 16 by Uxbridge

I would have suggested that he change courses to something less taxing, but Media Studies is pretty much as easy as it gets.

That Chico comment is superb. Just how many OGs and red cards has he actually had this year? I can only recall 1 of each, which isn't that bad for a CB.

If you want a job in the media, a GCSE in catering is more highly thought of as at least you'd be considered more likely to be able to make a decent cup of tea while you learn the ropes.
Monk out of his depth on 13:23 - Apr 16 with 4582 viewsIAN05

I can recall two sendings off, which again can be said of many players in the leagues. One noticeable change from Chico recently is his diving antics seem to have stopped. Though 2 red cards and two penalties in something like his last 9-10 games does sound pretty poor.
Monk out of his depth on 13:24 - Apr 16 with 4573 viewsLord_Bony

He's actually had two reds in five weeks,one being at palace...not great.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Monk out of his depth on 13:27 - Apr 16 with 4561 viewsUxbridge

Monk out of his depth on 13:24 - Apr 16 by Lord_Bony

He's actually had two reds in five weeks,one being at palace...not great.

Of course he has. He was a tad unlucky on that one as well.

Monk out of his depth on 13:43 - Apr 16 with 4518 viewsDarran

Monk out of his depth on 13:20 - Apr 16 by Uxbridge

Yeah, and schools. What's the point of them innit. Dint do mee ne arm.

Ridiculous statement.

Monk out of his depth on 13:47 - Apr 16 with 4498 viewsicecoldjack

Do you have your coaching badges then Darren? if you dont have them i presume your talking shite then..
Monk out of his depth on 13:50 - Apr 16 with 4482 viewsLeonisGod

Monk out of his depth on 13:18 - Apr 16 by haremscarem

Seriously? I have got one of the educations through DBU, and it learned me a lot. To me the education in Denmark gave me a lot, and I am totally different coach now compared to before. Our coaches teached us a lot of small details that could come in hand, when You teach a player (for instance how to run when youre team have a throw in). Technically the coaches gave us a lot of advices that You could give on to players (for instance what to think about when making your first touch). The next step (that I stille haven't got) is more about tactic. I think if You listen at those educations, You can learn a lot.

But I'd imagine you haven't all your working life to-date as a professional footballer. The game must be littered with coaches who have been successful but don't have the formulaic-based coaching badges. I'm not saying they aren't any good, just that they are not what defines whether a manager is successful or not.
Monk out of his depth on 13:54 - Apr 16 with 4472 viewsDarran

Monk out of his depth on 13:47 - Apr 16 by icecoldjack

Do you have your coaching badges then Darren? if you dont have them i presume your talking shite then..

Bill Shankly and other great managers through history didn't have then either.
Just a money making exercise brought in to pay for the highly paid jobs of the people in power.
They must have generated billions.

Monk out of his depth on 13:58 - Apr 16 with 4465 viewswaynekerr55

Monk out of his depth on 13:47 - Apr 16 by icecoldjack

Coaching badges and courses are only as good as the tutor and the participants. The best coaches are receptive to new ideas, and constantly evolve. They don't just do what they've always done (such as running players until they are sick)

The "stop...stand still" model used in coaching courses is only there to test knowledge at the required level (e.g. A licence = level 4 on the national qualifications framework). It is an appalling method of coaching as it is time consuming and it focuses on 1 player and neglects the rest, particularly for the nippers.

The literature shows that sessions littered with mistakes and regular concise feedback over time develops skills better. But, I'd wager my mortgage that if you went to 100 academy sessions around the country you would see few of these. You'd see plenty of pretty cones where the players play neat little passes. F*cking drives me wild, mistakes are part of learning, so f*cking use them!

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Monk out of his depth on 14:02 - Apr 16 with 4457 viewsUxbridge

Monk out of his depth on 13:43 - Apr 16 by Darran

Ridiculous statement.

As ridiculous as saying coaching courses and qualifications are an utter waste of time? Blimey.

Monk out of his depth on 14:03 - Apr 16 with 4448 viewsicecoldjack

Monk out of his depth on 13:54 - Apr 16 by Darran

Just a money making exercise brought in to pay for the highly paid jobs of the people in power.

Times have moved on.

players used to smoke at half time too Darren, doesnt mean its the done thing today...unless your eating crisps at half time,thats perfectly fine.

Through History people used to shit in a bucket and throw it in the street,im presuming you dont do that anymore or are stuck in the past with all other aspects of your life ?

Monk out of his depth on 14:04 - Apr 16 with 4451 viewswaynekerr55

Monk out of his depth on 13:54 - Apr 16 by Darran

I'd agree with some of those statements Daz - £600+ for the B licence is a joke with the FA yet they can spend 3/4 of a billion pounds on a stadium.

But...the game has evolved and there are good components to them

Monk out of his depth on 14:07 - Apr 16 with 4432 viewsDarran

Monk out of his depth on 14:04 - Apr 16 by waynekerr55

I'd agree with some of those statements Daz - £600+ for the B licence is a joke with the FA yet they can spend 3/4 of a billion pounds on a stadium.

But...the game has evolved and there are good components to them

It's true that's why you agree.
If they're so good it makes you wonder why the majority of managers are so shit.

Monk out of his depth on 14:12 - Apr 16 with 4410 viewswaynekerr55

Monk out of his depth on 14:07 - Apr 16 by Darran

It's true that's why you agree.
If they're so good it makes you wonder why the majority of managers are so shit.

Well that's easy - jobs for the boys. Football is bent as f*ck

Phil Neville lands one of the top jobs in world football - try telling me that is based on ability and merit
[Post edited 16 Apr 2014 14:14]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024