Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non QPR Sonos Problems 07:38 - May 13 with 3379 viewsharvey

Noticed some time ago people having problems with Sonos Tunein Radio stations dropping out. Have sent Sonos all info etc and had answers resolving this problem which don't. Done all that is asked and still happening. Don't know if it's because we have 10 units in plant room servicing whole house but used to work perfectly until 6 months ago. Anyone got theirs sorted ?.
Non QPR Sonos Problems on 07:53 - May 13 with 3364 viewswestberksr

Not had any problems with mine (8 pieces) but then I only tend to use a few stations and don't touch anything for fear of it going tits up!
Non QPR Sonos Problems on 09:11 - May 13 with 3333 viewsMelakaRanger

Similar issues from time to time using Tune In.

Especially with Radio 2. Although its not a daily fault it certainly happens two or three times a week. It just drops. Sometimes it comes back sometimes not. Often cured by pressing stop button on Sonos App then the play button

Took it as just one of those things.........
Non QPR Sonos Problems on 09:19 - May 13 with 3323 viewsharvey

Can't except it as one of those things for a few thousand quid outlay like I said worked perfectly for 6 months cut out 3 times this morning. Getting to the point of flogging the whole lot.
Non QPR Sonos Problems on 09:31 - May 13 with 3309 viewswombat

Non QPR Sonos Problems on 09:19 - May 13 by harvey

Can't except it as one of those things for a few thousand quid outlay like I said worked perfectly for 6 months cut out 3 times this morning. Getting to the point of flogging the whole lot.

more than likely to be the DAB feed and not sonos causing the issue , i listen to absolute and its drops nothing to do with sonos as does the same on the car dab as well , be mad to sell it due to a little isssue like this

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Non QPR Sonos Problems on 09:42 - May 13 with 3300 viewsqueensparker

Me too, and have spent ages looking into it.

The problem is that the BBC changed how they stream radio in February. There's a "new improved" stream (HD etc) which is great, but doesn't work on Sonos/TuneIn and a lot of other devices/digital radios etc.

So Sonos/Tunein are stuck with a backup stream from the BBC which is lower quality and also "international", which means that anything that isn't cleared for international rights (footy commentary etc) doesn't work.

Apparently they're looking into fixing it, but knowing how long the BBC take to do anything I'm not holding my breath. There's also no clarity on whether it might be a hardware issue which means the Sonos equipment will never be able to carry the new stream, in which case we're all stuffed.

I mainly use Sonos to listen to the radio, and not being able to get football commentary is a deal-breaker for me (and for many people I imagine). Needs to get sorted out soon

More here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31487515
Non QPR Sonos Problems on 10:17 - May 13 with 3269 viewslondonscottish

Non QPR Sonos Problems on 09:42 - May 13 by queensparker

Me too, and have spent ages looking into it.

The problem is that the BBC changed how they stream radio in February. There's a "new improved" stream (HD etc) which is great, but doesn't work on Sonos/TuneIn and a lot of other devices/digital radios etc.

So Sonos/Tunein are stuck with a backup stream from the BBC which is lower quality and also "international", which means that anything that isn't cleared for international rights (footy commentary etc) doesn't work.

Apparently they're looking into fixing it, but knowing how long the BBC take to do anything I'm not holding my breath. There's also no clarity on whether it might be a hardware issue which means the Sonos equipment will never be able to carry the new stream, in which case we're all stuffed.

I mainly use Sonos to listen to the radio, and not being able to get football commentary is a deal-breaker for me (and for many people I imagine). Needs to get sorted out soon

More here:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-31487515

So you reckon there's no fix for 5 Live on Tunein?

I use Tunein on my phone to listen to the footie when I'm getting stuff done in the house and garden and only being able to choose TalkSport is slowing driving me nuts.

Edit; been told the answer is to use the BBC Radio App.

Last weekend was bed enough without having to stomach Collymore.
[Post edited 13 May 2015 10:23]

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Non QPR Sonos Problems on 10:43 - May 13 with 3253 viewswestberksr

mine drops occassionally but we suspect that is due to the bandwidth of rural broadband and the strength of the feed from some smaller, less funded radio stations (Solar seems to struggle).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024