Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stowmarket Riots! 14:28 - Aug 13 with 3983 viewstoboboly

http://www.suffolkgazette.com/news/morris-dancers-blind-footballers-brawl/

Police were called after a mass brawl broke out in a pub car park between a group of morris dancers and a blind football team.

The footballers were enjoying a match on the village green at Rattlesden, near Stowmarket, using a ball with a bell in it so they could keep up with play.

But all hell broke out when the morris dancers began performing at a nearby pub.

A player kicked the ball off the pitch towards the Brewers Arms, and then mistook the morris dancers’ uniform bells for the one in the ball.

He promptly kicked one of the dancers in the shin, sending him flying over a table and crashing into a flower pot. A hanging basket then fell on his head.

More blind footballers then joined the melee, kicking out at the bells and then being surprised when they were punched by furious morris men.

The brawl was only stopped when the referee caught up and blew his whistle loudly.

Three morris men suffered severely bruised legs, while one of the footballers had a cut caused by being hit on the head with a morris dancer’s stick.

With everyone blaming each other, the police were called to sort out the mess.

A Suffolk police spokesman said: “It was certainly an unsual call from one of the locals in the pub. By the time we got there it had all calmed down, and both sides realised how the mistake had been made.

“In fact they had made up and were all enjoying a drink together, although a couple were still being patched up by the landlord’s wife.

“We took no further action, but recommended that the morris men did not use bells on their uniforms when the blind footballers were playing nearby.”

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Stowmarket Riots! on 14:30 - Aug 13 with 3975 viewsJonDoeman

Bit of embellishment for comic effect surely?

It Is What It Is !!

Stowmarket Riots! on 14:32 - Aug 13 with 3933 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Stowmarket Riots! on 14:46 - Aug 13 with 3895 viewsrobith

Apropos of nothing, but reminded me of this comicon story I read earlier in the year

"It’s the early 2000s, and I’m working at a bar across the street from the convention center where Comic-Con is held. At the time, Comic-Con was big, but the locals hadn’t embraced it and its multitude of people who can recite every episode title of The X-Files in sequential order, the way they have now. The locals tried to keep San Diego “bro.”

If you haven’t spent a lot of time in San Diego (I’m from there), it’s basically Boston if the weather was great and 40 percent of the Massholes swam in the ocean a few times a week. If the city had a mascot, it’d be a 5-foot-7-inch shirtless dude calling someone a h*mo as he’s being held back by a girl in 6-inch platform sandals. The town is also heavily military, and that was most of the clientele of the bar where I worked.

So one night during the convention, it’s busy as hell, and all of a sudden I hear some angry shouting out on the patio. I go out there (to watch, not to try and break up any potential fight, because f**k that: I made $6.25 an hour, and I look like Jason Biggs with Stage 4 Hodgkin’s), and I see a a military-looking dude with a cocktail napkin in his hand, screaming at a pretty stereotypical-looking Comic-Con attendee.

The usual homophobic slurs are being tossed by the military guy, interspersed with an “I will f**k you up bro” every 10 or so seconds. The bouncer walks over and gets in the middle and asks what’s going on. The military dude goes, “I’m gonna f**k this nerd up. That’s what’s going on.” The bouncer chooses not to accept that as an answer and asks a few more times, and finally the military guy goes, “This f**kin’ nerd got mad that we took his table and he fu**in’ drew a picture of me sucking Spider-Man’s f**king d!ck, bro!”

He hands the cocktail napkin with the picture on it to the bouncer. And it’s quiet for a moment as the bouncer looks at the picture, and then all of a sudden the Comic-Con attendee, who hasn’t said anything the whole time, goes, “It’s Daredevil. Not Spider-Man.”

And the military dude leaped over a goddamned table and tackled him to the ground, and all hell broke loose. And that is my favorite Comic-Con memory."
Stowmarket Riots! on 16:24 - Aug 13 with 3757 viewsstowmarketrange

It's like the Wild West up here sometimes.
We even have sheep rustling occasionly too.
Stowmarket Riots! on 18:24 - Aug 13 with 3613 viewsNorthLondonR

Stowmarket Riots! on 16:24 - Aug 13 by stowmarketrange

Trouble in South Central (Suffolk)?

Straight Outta Cotton?

City of 'Cod'denham?
Stowmarket Riots! on 18:29 - Aug 13 with 3597 viewsR_from_afar

Stowmarket Riots! on 16:24 - Aug 13 by stowmarketrange

Surely it's more like the Wild East?

Wasn't John Peel fave Cowcube from round your neck of the woods?

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Stowmarket Riots! on 22:04 - Aug 13 with 3461 viewsDorse

The funniest thing I've read in ages!

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Stowmarket Riots! on 23:23 - Aug 13 with 3388 viewsstowmarketrange

Stowmarket Riots! on 18:29 - Aug 13 by R_from_afar

Surely it's more like the Wild East?

Wasn't John Peel fave Cowcube from round your neck of the woods?

RFA

There is a John Peel arts centre in Stowmarket so I think he had some connection up here.
Login to get fewer ads

Stowmarket Riots! on 23:57 - Aug 13 with 3355 viewsSterlingArcher

FFS How old is that joke .?!!

Is it the same idiot that wrote that Brighton fans were singing, 'Seig Heil' at a Millwall game ?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024