Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ospreys vs Scarlets 15:09 - Mar 26 with 5630 viewsJackfath

On now SS1.

Stadium barely half full. COnsidering this is billed as one of the great rugby rivalries in the WORLD (source Sky sports commentator) then it is simply tragic.

I am waiting for them to start blaming the weather.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 11:56 - Mar 27 with 1132 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 11:09 - Mar 27 by max936

I only saw the 2nd half, but the Scarlets looked much the better side for me, Whitehouse is as bad as his father was as a ref to, terrible he was clueless at scrum time.

The Ospreys coughed up possession by dropping the ball and knocking on whenever they were trying to build. Scarlets at the breakdown were far smarter playing two opensides against one. Young Underhill would have learnt a lot from this game.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 11:58 - Mar 27 with 1132 viewsJackfath

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 11:09 - Mar 27 by max936

I only saw the 2nd half, but the Scarlets looked much the better side for me, Whitehouse is as bad as his father was as a ref to, terrible he was clueless at scrum time.

And therein lies another problem. The scrum is so technical its open to interpretation of the ref. No consistency therefore different players are allowed to get away with things depending on who is reffing.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 12:24 - Mar 27 with 1100 viewsmax936

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 11:56 - Mar 27 by Brynmill_Jack

The Ospreys coughed up possession by dropping the ball and knocking on whenever they were trying to build. Scarlets at the breakdown were far smarter playing two opensides against one. Young Underhill would have learnt a lot from this game.

I wonder if the Ospreys can tempt Ross Moriarty whose up in Worcester to come home?.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 12:46 - Mar 27 with 1078 viewsJackfath

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 12:24 - Mar 27 by max936

I wonder if the Ospreys can tempt Ross Moriarty whose up in Worcester to come home?.

I doubt it very much but he is exactly the sort of player they need. The sooner Lydiate disappears the better. Living off a reputation and now a couple of seasons past his best form.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 12:52 - Mar 27 with 1065 viewsmax936

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 12:46 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

I doubt it very much but he is exactly the sort of player they need. The sooner Lydiate disappears the better. Living off a reputation and now a couple of seasons past his best form.

Yeap, he's sort of inbetween a blindside and an openside in that he'd be just has comfortable and dynamic either side and a lot of teams seem to use a similar system by using two openside's these days, James Davies is a cracking 7 as well, Tipuric just pips him at the minute. but he'll be there or there abouts soon for me.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:00 - Mar 27 with 1055 viewsJackfath

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 12:52 - Mar 27 by max936

Yeap, he's sort of inbetween a blindside and an openside in that he'd be just has comfortable and dynamic either side and a lot of teams seem to use a similar system by using two openside's these days, James Davies is a cracking 7 as well, Tipuric just pips him at the minute. but he'll be there or there abouts soon for me.

Indeed. I'd like to see a reintroduction of the "A" internationals to see if this type of player is up to it. Surely there must be a demand for it and would be a great curtain raiser for the full international games.

Play them in the Liberty for example on a Friday night before the big game in Cardiff and I am sure it would sell out.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:06 - Mar 27 with 1042 viewsmax936

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:00 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

Indeed. I'd like to see a reintroduction of the "A" internationals to see if this type of player is up to it. Surely there must be a demand for it and would be a great curtain raiser for the full international games.

Play them in the Liberty for example on a Friday night before the big game in Cardiff and I am sure it would sell out.

Won't happen with the ever improving the U20's though, the concept is a great idea though even if it just makes the link between the U20's and the senior side, plus it'll be very useful for the returning injured players or players struggling for form without having the pressure of being thrust into the first 15.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:08 - Mar 27 with 1035 viewsJackfath

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:06 - Mar 27 by max936

Won't happen with the ever improving the U20's though, the concept is a great idea though even if it just makes the link between the U20's and the senior side, plus it'll be very useful for the returning injured players or players struggling for form without having the pressure of being thrust into the first 15.

It needs to happen though. The gap between U20 and Senior international is too large. There needs to be another level in there otherwise the youngsters get lost in the system.

Login to get fewer ads

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:09 - Mar 27 with 1035 viewsmax936

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:00 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

You've got my vote as a leading light for the future of Welsh Rugby, a visionary in the Rugby World, not quite a reincarnation of Carwyn James, but you'll get my meaning

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:11 - Mar 27 with 1032 viewsmax936

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:08 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

It needs to happen though. The gap between U20 and Senior international is too large. There needs to be another level in there otherwise the youngsters get lost in the system.

100%

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:11 - Mar 27 with 1032 viewsJackfath

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:09 - Mar 27 by max936

You've got my vote as a leading light for the future of Welsh Rugby, a visionary in the Rugby World, not quite a reincarnation of Carwyn James, but you'll get my meaning

You're not the first person who has said that Max.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:18 - Mar 27 with 1026 viewsmax936

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 13:11 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

You're not the first person who has said that Max.

I doubt the infamous Dazbag was one though, he's still coming to terms with the rudiments of the egg and spoon race
[Post edited 27 Mar 2016 13:20]

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:03 - Mar 27 with 981 viewsattila_the_hun

don't know why people don't turn up to watch the Ospreys
also don't know why some on here seem delighted when there is a low attendance at any game at the Liberty stadium

"I'm Free"

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:34 - Mar 27 with 974 viewsmonmouth

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 11:58 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

And therein lies another problem. The scrum is so technical its open to interpretation of the ref. No consistency therefore different players are allowed to get away with things depending on who is reffing.

Plus the breakdown, plus the tackle. Any close game now is decided by the ref and would go the other way with a different ref. It makes the sport a farce.

Nige the Narcissist and his idiot fanclub will also bequeath a generation of 'look at me' refs of which Whitehouse is the latest. Annoying dickhead.

Pr O' 12 is a shambles and Welsh rugby is a disaster waiting to happen without some major surgery. I'm sure some will delight in that but, even though the Swans are my top priority by a long way, not me.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:35 - Mar 27 with 971 viewsDarran

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:03 - Mar 27 by attila_the_hun

also don't know why some on here seem delighted when there is a low attendance at any game at the Liberty stadium

I think it's because some don't care.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:37 - Mar 27 with 941 viewsattila_the_hun

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:35 - Mar 27 by Darran

I think it's because some don't care.

but care enough to make remarks about the attendance ?

"I'm Free"

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:40 - Mar 27 with 935 viewsDarran

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:37 - Mar 27 by attila_the_hun

but care enough to make remarks about the attendance ?

Exactly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:43 - Mar 27 with 928 viewsJackfath

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:03 - Mar 27 by attila_the_hun

I haven't read anyone on this thread who seems delighted at the low attendance.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:53 - Mar 27 with 916 viewsphact0rri

If we look at the normal turnouts for Rugby at the liberty stadium this match was way above average. though to be fair it was more than 'half filled' it was 12,051 isn't filled 20K?

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:54 - Mar 27 with 912 viewsJackfath

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:53 - Mar 27 by phact0rri

If we look at the normal turnouts for Rugby at the liberty stadium this match was way above average. though to be fair it was more than 'half filled' it was 12,051 isn't filled 20K?

Yes. One would expect a local derby between half of the Welsh regions to sell out though. Especially considering the close proximity of the sides.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 19:05 - Mar 27 with 905 viewsphact0rri

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:54 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

Yes. One would expect a local derby between half of the Welsh regions to sell out though. Especially considering the close proximity of the sides.

well unless its Munster Ruggers crowds in the pro12 tend to on hover at the 5,000-9,000 rate. so its actually quite a good turn out for rugby, if were looking purely at averages.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 19:14 - Mar 27 with 895 viewsJackfath

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 19:05 - Mar 27 by phact0rri

well unless its Munster Ruggers crowds in the pro12 tend to on hover at the 5,000-9,000 rate. so its actually quite a good turn out for rugby, if were looking purely at averages.

Check out the crowds for French and English leagues and get back to me.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 00:08 - Mar 28 with 851 viewsphact0rri

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 19:14 - Mar 27 by Jackfath

Check out the crowds for French and English leagues and get back to me.

well that is why I said quantified with 'pro12' as I don't know how well the other leagues turn out. but I do imagine the french get better turn outs.

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 11:46 - Mar 28 with 799 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 18:34 - Mar 27 by monmouth

Plus the breakdown, plus the tackle. Any close game now is decided by the ref and would go the other way with a different ref. It makes the sport a farce.

Nige the Narcissist and his idiot fanclub will also bequeath a generation of 'look at me' refs of which Whitehouse is the latest. Annoying dickhead.

Pr O' 12 is a shambles and Welsh rugby is a disaster waiting to happen without some major surgery. I'm sure some will delight in that but, even though the Swans are my top priority by a long way, not me.

This one's father , Whitehouse senior, seems to have been the first look at me-er. Or was it Norling????
[Post edited 28 Mar 2016 11:47]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Ospreys vs Scarlets on 12:24 - Mar 28 with 779 viewsJackfath

In fairness to the referees, it's difficult for them not to become the focus. One (or both) teams will blame him. He's miked up. He is under the spotlight over any TMO incidents. He's in a lose lose situation and I cannot fathom out why anyone would want to do the job.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024