Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Missus' first time....... 13:14 - May 8 with 3055 viewsnavyjack

...at any swans game. For donkeys years she hasn't been interested despite my enthusiasm. Until I surprise her with tickets for yesterday. And she is now hooked.

As a rugby supporter she had always poured scorn on my fanaticism and 'didn't get it'. But now she does. The atmosphere yesterday was tremendous (a kind that you don't get at the rugby), and a massive thank you to all those around us that made it a special day. The jack army were relentless!

I did temper her new found enthusiasm with stories of me returning from Norwich/Watford/Newcastle/Leicester this season feeling utterly depressed,but yesterday was a day to savour.

A big-up to the players who came over at the end to give their shirts to the kids at the front. A heart warming sight.

The only danger now is she will want to make a habit of it next season subsequently costing me a packet!!
The Missus' first time....... on 14:36 - May 8 with 2930 viewsjojaca

My misses had to take my son to the game a couple of seasons ago because I was ill and she was automatically hooked. We now argue who is going to the game because I can't get extra season ticket. She had absolute zero interest before.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Missus' first time....... on 23:25 - May 8 with 2617 viewsbuilthjack

Just back from yesterday's game (had 3 days in London). The atmosphere was fantastic, we sang for 90 minutes, and for 10 minutes after the game. Oh, and then had fun with the lawn mower guys. I met loads of West Ham fans on the tube after, and some last night, they all said that we were the loudest they have had there all season.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024