Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
West Ham after Mawason and Fab 10:31 - Jun 8 with 14694 viewsJoshTheJack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/swansea-city-reject-o

Hopefully the club dont drag it out too long.
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 13:23 - Jun 8 with 3047 viewsPrivate_Partz

If we are serious about going straight back up we should tell W Ham, and any other player we want to keep, that they are going nowhere. Then strengthen the squad to try and insure we are in the best position to do so.
Meanwhile pigs loop the loop over the Liberty.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 17:43]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 13:28 - Jun 8 with 3039 viewspencoedjack

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 13:23 - Jun 8 by Private_Partz

If we are serious about going straight back up we should tell W Ham, and any other player we want to keep, that they are going nowhere. Then strengthen the squad to try and insure we are in the best position to do so.
Meanwhile pigs loop the loop over the Liberty.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 17:43]

I was really hoping Fab would stay

Unforuntaley as Loyal pointed out in this thread players do not give a fuk.

I'm hoping we replace the wantaways with some hungry decent players who Potter can improve.
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 14:00 - Jun 8 with 2967 viewsJango

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 12:21 - Jun 8 by Al_Bundy

We'll see ! we are a relegated club and don't hold the higher ground anymore and Mawson will not go for £25M. I would be astounded if he does.

So West Ham offering £25M in Jan out of their desperation to stay up are going to come knocking along with other clubs and tabling £25M?

As for Fab.. 8M for a 33 year old as good as he is would be good business but can't see us getting that either.

Sunderland got £30m for Pickford after being relegated.
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 14:10 - Jun 8 with 2944 viewsJacket

We simply can't afford to hold on to them. I.e follow the Villa strategy. We could be on the way back to League Two let alone League One, if that goes tits up. And from there, who knows. Back to gates of 5,000 and lower. The stadium could then start dragging us into the abyss like Darlington and that ludicrous stadium they decided to build. Failure at such high stakes is too huge to contemplate. We don't have a Fat Ashley or the world's biggest sports betting company, or a government funded huge stadium that's full every week, all we've got is Huw Jenkins and appart from this club, the biggest thing he's overseen is his gigantic konk.
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 14:24 - Jun 8 with 2917 viewsmajorraglan

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 12:41 - Jun 8 by omarjack

I'm not saying they'd choose us over West Ham ffs..

But I mean they might be holding out for better offers. Especially Fabianski who's reportedly linked to Dortmund and could possibly go to a better club in a different league..with a talent like him and such small price tag I'm certain tens of clubs would be lining up for his services.

As for Mawson..he has reported interest from Arsenal,Tottenham and Man Utd..even interest from Everton who are obviously a bigger attraction than West Ham.

Premier League pays a lot more than the Bundesliga so it will be down to what motivates Fabianski, money or football. He is a great player so will have options. Mawson has attracted interest from the bigger clubs, can’t see Tottenham or Man Utd signing him but I could see Everton and West Ham potentially coming in for him which would mean a choice between Silva and Merseyside and Pellegrini and London, I think he would go London as to where his family come from.
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 14:33 - Jun 8 with 2899 viewsLoyal

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 12:18 - Jun 8 by jasper_T

Most of our transfer income is going to be needed to cover costs (like wages for players we can't shift) over the course of the season, so it's not like last summer where we could have reinvested the proceeds better and earlier.

We can afford to drag out a couple of the big ticket items if there's a chance of other clubs panicking, or bidding wars starting. £25m in the bank for Mawson is going to stay there (and then go to the pockets of Huw, Routledge, Dyer etc.)

Seriously, If Conkus hasn't factored in the drop in salaries upon potential relegation and income as a result then he should be ripped a new cnt.
Selling the silverware isn't a strategy.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 14:40 - Jun 8 with 2885 viewsLoyal

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 14:10 - Jun 8 by Jacket

We simply can't afford to hold on to them. I.e follow the Villa strategy. We could be on the way back to League Two let alone League One, if that goes tits up. And from there, who knows. Back to gates of 5,000 and lower. The stadium could then start dragging us into the abyss like Darlington and that ludicrous stadium they decided to build. Failure at such high stakes is too huge to contemplate. We don't have a Fat Ashley or the world's biggest sports betting company, or a government funded huge stadium that's full every week, all we've got is Huw Jenkins and appart from this club, the biggest thing he's overseen is his gigantic konk.

Same for your post mate, if Conkus is doing his job properly none of this should be an issue.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 14:52 - Jun 8 with 2851 viewsMrSwerve

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 14:00 - Jun 8 by Jango

Sunderland got £30m for Pickford after being relegated.

Pickford was at the time on his way to being England number 1 keeper, which he now is, and he's widely regarded as one of the keepers with the most potential around at the moment.

I'd expect us to get £16-£20m max for Mawson. We're now a Championship club and the PL vultures will circle to pick up any PL talent as cheap as possible. I don't think we're in the position to turn down these amounts of money, it's a gamble if we do.

That said, I'd love Mawson to stay.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Login to get fewer ads

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 15:00 - Jun 8 with 2834 viewsJacket

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 14:40 - Jun 8 by Loyal

Same for your post mate, if Conkus is doing his job properly none of this should be an issue.

Yet, Stoke are having to renegotiate with Joey for him to stay even though he has three years left on his deal -presumably they'll have to fork out at least the money he was on last year. You can include relegation clauses, but it doesn't legislate for player power.
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 15:47 - Jun 8 with 2745 views34dfgdf54

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 13:28 - Jun 8 by pencoedjack

I was really hoping Fab would stay

Unforuntaley as Loyal pointed out in this thread players do not give a fuk.

I'm hoping we replace the wantaways with some hungry decent players who Potter can improve.

I do think Fabianski is the exception though. He’s been awesome for us since joining and made the most saves in the league for two years running has he not? He’s at the age where he won’t get many more chances to play at the top level so I hold no grudges and hope he does well wherever he ends up.

The rest though. F*ck them. Mawson, under a decent manager could come good but I personally think he’s overrated, still plenty of time for him though. I was hoping we could keep the Ayew’s but that’s looking unlikely with Jordan allegedly saying he won’t play in the championship, people like that make me laugh, he’s been relegated twice, time to look at yourself in the mirror and realise you’re no world beater.
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 16:19 - Jun 8 with 2696 viewsJethroJack

Bid rejected...another saga commences.
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 16:22 - Jun 8 with 2694 viewsAlfieMooresSon

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 10:45 - Jun 8 by omarjack

Well...35 m upfront or no deal.

Although It'd be painful seeing them in sh!tty West Ham shirts..I hope Mawson goes to a top 6 cub ..

As for Fab..I hope he leaves England all together to some top club in Europe..he deserves it.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 10:46]

West Ham are always linked to many players most of which they are not prepared to pay a fair fee for and lose.

I see Mawson in a top half team like Everton, or maybe Palace next season, they need defenders and a keeper.

Fabianski may even make Palace, but probably a relegation type team or just above?
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 16:23]
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 16:48 - Jun 8 with 2665 viewsswanforthemoney

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 12:55 - Jun 8 by omarjack

The difference is..West Ham's income is 50% higher than ours.

The club keeps recording 40-50 m in profit annually.

West Ham are still a PL club bringing in big money and being generally comfortable in the table. Although relegation scares are bound to happen every now and then.

Could you prove West Ham keep recording 40-50 million profit annually?
They did in the last reported year after the sale of Payet.
Apart from that year, the statement is bullshit.

I stand in the North Stand

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 16:54 - Jun 8 with 2660 viewshobo

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 12:44 - Jun 8 by Shaky

Do don't think he can command a £60 million transfer fee any more then?

When did I say that?
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 16:55 - Jun 8 with 2659 viewshobo

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 12:21 - Jun 8 by Al_Bundy

We'll see ! we are a relegated club and don't hold the higher ground anymore and Mawson will not go for £25M. I would be astounded if he does.

So West Ham offering £25M in Jan out of their desperation to stay up are going to come knocking along with other clubs and tabling £25M?

As for Fab.. 8M for a 33 year old as good as he is would be good business but can't see us getting that either.

Irrelevant. Hull got £17m for Clucas after they went down, Newcastle got £32m for Sissoko
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 19:07 - Jun 8 with 2561 viewsAl_Bundy

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 16:55 - Jun 8 by hobo

Irrelevant. Hull got £17m for Clucas after they went down, Newcastle got £32m for Sissoko

Clucas was worth £75M in the prem.
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 19:15 - Jun 8 with 2548 viewsFlashberryjack

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 16:55 - Jun 8 by hobo

What dull c*nt paid £17 million for Clucas ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 19:28 - Jun 8 with 2529 viewsMrSwerve

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 19:15 - Jun 8 by Flashberryjack

I was just going to type the same thing.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 19:53]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 19:38 - Jun 8 with 2516 viewsomarjack

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 19:15 - Jun 8 by Flashberryjack

I remember when Burnley were linked to him before signing Cork and were only willing to spend 8 m because they knew he was mediocre sh!te..instead they spent it on Cork.

We took 8 m for Cork and spent 16 m on awful Clucas to replace him..

Cork ended up being one of Burnley's best players and now he's going to the Europa League..As for Clucas..the less said the better.

wow.
[Post edited 8 Jun 2018 19:39]

Poll: England vs Croatia (who's going to win)

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 19:42 - Jun 8 with 2498 viewsFlashberryjack

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 19:38 - Jun 8 by omarjack

I remember when Burnley were linked to him before signing Cork and were only willing to spend 8 m because they knew he was mediocre sh!te..instead they spent it on Cork.

Cork ended up being one of Burnley's best players and now he's going to the Europa League..As for Clucas..the less said the better.

wow.

Jack Cork + £9 million = Clucas.

Un f*cking believable!

Hello

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 20:08 - Jun 8 with 2464 viewsBadlands

Fab Max £5 million from a desperate team but more like £3-4 million.
Mawson - who knows? Not being recalled to the England squad may have suggested to clubs he's all hype.
Would a good coach improve him or has he hit his personal wall?
So many questions. Why did his form or his motivation fall after his return from England camp?
Anything from £8 million up to £20.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 20:28 - Jun 8 with 2435 viewsTecmo

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 20:08 - Jun 8 by Badlands

Fab Max £5 million from a desperate team but more like £3-4 million.
Mawson - who knows? Not being recalled to the England squad may have suggested to clubs he's all hype.
Would a good coach improve him or has he hit his personal wall?
So many questions. Why did his form or his motivation fall after his return from England camp?
Anything from £8 million up to £20.

He may not have been recalled because of the knee surgery. And the knee was likely affecting him during the season as well.

Who knows, he may be willing to stay. His wage isn't crippling and I'm not sure anything short of a move to a big 6 club would be compelling for him. Almost certainly wishful thinking but I'll keep it up until we hear otherwise.
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 21:02 - Jun 8 with 2399 viewsJango

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 19:38 - Jun 8 by omarjack

wow.

Why would a team be willing spend £8m on someone they think is mediocre shite?
West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 21:19 - Jun 8 with 2375 viewsFlashberryjack

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 21:02 - Jun 8 by Jango

Why would a team be willing spend £8m on someone they think is mediocre shite?

A question I've asked myself many times over the last couple of seasons.

Hello

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 21:41 - Jun 8 with 2358 viewsjasper_T

West Ham after Mawason and Fab on 20:28 - Jun 8 by Tecmo

He may not have been recalled because of the knee surgery. And the knee was likely affecting him during the season as well.

Who knows, he may be willing to stay. His wage isn't crippling and I'm not sure anything short of a move to a big 6 club would be compelling for him. Almost certainly wishful thinking but I'll keep it up until we hear otherwise.

If he'd been called up he would have kept pushing back the minor corrective surgery like he presumably did for much of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024