Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top Half...Top 6 23:15 - Sep 29 with 3001 viewsThrasher6

Now I'm very seasoned in what I am going to put forward here......my job is to compile odds (30 years)....and I smell a rick.
In places we were 16/1 to be Top 6...prior to tonight. Had 50 on that. Stupid odds...(they changed it to 9/1...) It's massively shorter...no more than 4/1 in my opinion.
But here's the gift. Prior to the Fulham game we were 5/2 to be Top Half.....top half.....really really...we lost tonight but we were fantastic. Top 12 is a certainty...they might 11/4...3/1 tomorrow morning.
I am going to raid the house account (the missus has agreed) to have 2k at whatever they offer.

This is an investment. A great return.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 23:29]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Top Half...Top 6 on 23:30 - Sep 29 with 2204 viewsWalterBoyd

"Really...we lost tonight but we were fantastic "

You do know it's the 29th September 2021 and we played Fulham away.

Not sure if you 've had a knock on head or being ultra positive, I thought I was mr positive , but we were not fantastic tonight.
Top Half...Top 6 on 23:34 - Sep 29 with 2193 viewsThrasher6

Top Half...Top 6 on 23:30 - Sep 29 by WalterBoyd

"Really...we lost tonight but we were fantastic "

You do know it's the 29th September 2021 and we played Fulham away.

Not sure if you 've had a knock on head or being ultra positive, I thought I was mr positive , but we were not fantastic tonight.

Really...really...we played tremendous stuff tonight.....what the f@ck were you watching. What a moronic idiot you are...
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 23:34]

Top Half...Top 6 on 23:35 - Sep 29 with 2135 viewsDr_Parnassus

1 shot on target in 90 mins.

I honestly have no clue what people see half the time.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Top Half...Top 6 on 23:49 - Sep 29 with 2161 viewsWalterBoyd

Top Half...Top 6 on 23:34 - Sep 29 by Thrasher6

Really...really...we played tremendous stuff tonight.....what the f@ck were you watching. What a moronic idiot you are...
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 23:34]

What was the score?

Which bit of fantastic bit of football did I miss.

I watched Sky tv. Were you watching the Sky ?

If tonight was fantastic a death must be a carnival.

Apologies, Thrasher I hadn't read you previous post about your drink problem and you have a habit of calling everyone a moron. One of many examples below.

"you often feel like screaming out loud about the injustice when talentless morons with a small percentage of their capabilities get all the money"
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 23:58]
Top Half...Top 6 on 09:57 - Sep 30 with 2044 viewsCatullus

Fantastic? I can describe how Kebano and Mitrovic played as fantastic but they had a fair bit off help from our woeful defending, in turn caused by poor selection by the manager!

Yes we had plenty of possession and could even have pinched a draw but fantastic? On the other hand Fulham could have scored 3 or 4 more and it could easily have been a proper pasting.
I think Martin has been here long enough to be able to see some things that he quite clearly isn't seeing.
Cabango hasn't got pace, he needs to be in the middle winning headers.

Naughton has no size or strength, he won't win headers but can mark wide players.

Paterson is a 45 minute player.

Grimes is too slow and dithers.

Cullen isn't good enough but Wittkaer might be, if he gets a chance.

Piroe can't do it by himself.

Our wing backs are so far forward they can't get back to defend when we lose the ball.

All of these problems can be fixed but only if the manager is willing to learn.

If OHL is right and he is too arrogane and too up his own bum to take on lessons and make adjustments then Martin will soon be in a painful place. If he adjusts, learns from what's gone before he'll be ok.
We all expect players to learn but shouldn't forget that Martin is a very young manager. He might think he has all the answers but he is still learning too.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Top Half...Top 6 on 11:27 - Sep 30 with 1975 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Top Half...Top 6 on 23:49 - Sep 29 by WalterBoyd

What was the score?

Which bit of fantastic bit of football did I miss.

I watched Sky tv. Were you watching the Sky ?

If tonight was fantastic a death must be a carnival.

Apologies, Thrasher I hadn't read you previous post about your drink problem and you have a habit of calling everyone a moron. One of many examples below.

"you often feel like screaming out loud about the injustice when talentless morons with a small percentage of their capabilities get all the money"
[Post edited 29 Sep 2021 23:58]

That’s a very poor post. Take a look at yourself Walter before putting the boot into others.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Top Half...Top 6 on 11:31 - Sep 30 with 1970 viewsKeithHaynes

I’ll go for top half, just like we all expected at the start of all this.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Top Half...Top 6 on 11:55 - Sep 30 with 1932 viewsonehunglow

Top Half...Top 6 on 09:57 - Sep 30 by Catullus

Fantastic? I can describe how Kebano and Mitrovic played as fantastic but they had a fair bit off help from our woeful defending, in turn caused by poor selection by the manager!

Yes we had plenty of possession and could even have pinched a draw but fantastic? On the other hand Fulham could have scored 3 or 4 more and it could easily have been a proper pasting.
I think Martin has been here long enough to be able to see some things that he quite clearly isn't seeing.
Cabango hasn't got pace, he needs to be in the middle winning headers.

Naughton has no size or strength, he won't win headers but can mark wide players.

Paterson is a 45 minute player.

Grimes is too slow and dithers.

Cullen isn't good enough but Wittkaer might be, if he gets a chance.

Piroe can't do it by himself.

Our wing backs are so far forward they can't get back to defend when we lose the ball.

All of these problems can be fixed but only if the manager is willing to learn.

If OHL is right and he is too arrogane and too up his own bum to take on lessons and make adjustments then Martin will soon be in a painful place. If he adjusts, learns from what's gone before he'll be ok.
We all expect players to learn but shouldn't forget that Martin is a very young manager. He might think he has all the answers but he is still learning too.

OHL has a professional history of outing BSters ,liars and conmen. Words are all Martin is offering us.There is no improvement ;in fact Id say we have regressed. Piroe is a terrific striker in the making but he has virtually no service from or ball playing players ,like Grimes,as shocking a captain as we have ever had.

It is not about Martin but the Swans.Martin is merely passing through uttering his abject drivel masquerading as a plan -work in progress- completely insulting us all. I feel that strngly about this it's hard to articulate as Im rather upset. I am seeing hordes of fans swallowing everything he says.He has no history of success at all.

I am always fearful about the club after our demise of recent years but I feel genuinely we are heading for a spectacular crash. If others see it differently then fine and dandy but I will not have it that fans should ALL swallow what Martin is saying.

Thought we were great? My God.Just think on that.

Downes is one I really worry about,being subbed ignominiously to accomodate Cullen.Liam Cullen zero goals. This is one player we should encourage and nurture and subbing him as he was will puyss him off as he has professional pride .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Login to get fewer ads

Top Half...Top 6 on 12:39 - Sep 30 with 1918 viewsReslovenSwan1

These sorts of threads should not be on forums in my opinion.

There are strict rules relating to gambling and gambling recommendations. Here they are.

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7428/CBP-7428.pdf

Wise sage since Toshack era

Top Half...Top 6 on 12:56 - Sep 30 with 1866 viewsDr_Parnassus

Top Half...Top 6 on 12:39 - Sep 30 by ReslovenSwan1

These sorts of threads should not be on forums in my opinion.

There are strict rules relating to gambling and gambling recommendations. Here they are.

https://researchbriefings.files.parliament.uk/documents/CBP-7428/CBP-7428.pdf

They refer to company advertisement.

As much as I disagree with the OP (regarding top 6), he isn’t advertising a company.

It’s the same as someone saying they had a lovely beer on the weekend for £4 a pint.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 12:59]

Top Half...Top 6 on 13:50 - Sep 30 with 1853 viewsReslovenSwan1

Top Half...Top 6 on 12:56 - Sep 30 by Dr_Parnassus

They refer to company advertisement.

As much as I disagree with the OP (regarding top 6), he isn’t advertising a company.

It’s the same as someone saying they had a lovely beer on the weekend for £4 a pint.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 12:59]

The OP has a message facility so can easily provide the advertised figures and introduce the punter to the betting firm. The OP provides his professional experience 30 years and makes recommendations notionally for free.

The language in my eyes is suspicious.

What is his motive for promoting emptying the house keeping money, presenting the bet as an "investment" and over hyping Swansea s performance?

Top Half...Top 6 on 13:55 - Sep 30 with 1812 viewsDr_Parnassus

Top Half...Top 6 on 13:50 - Sep 30 by ReslovenSwan1

The OP has a message facility so can easily provide the advertised figures and introduce the punter to the betting firm. The OP provides his professional experience 30 years and makes recommendations notionally for free.

What is his motive for promoting emptying the house keeping money, presenting the bet as an "investment" and over hyping Swansea s performance?

If he starts messaging people telling them to bet on things using a specific company then you would have a point.

But there isn’t anything to suggest this is the case.

This is football language. We have Catullus on the other thread saying we should “lump on” Martinez being next manager of Barca.

It’s just normal social speak.

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:25 - Sep 30 with 1807 viewsThrasher6

Top Half...Top 6 on 13:50 - Sep 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Absolute nonsense. I am pointing out that the compilers (of which I am one) are making lazy assumptions about our finishing position in this league. And they are (in my experienced) position totally wrong. I have the Swans as odds on shots to be top 12....they have them as 5/2. It's wrong. When I see a rick like this then I play. I'll play big as well when need be. The bet is on....(placed it this morning). But they refused me the full amount. I'll continue to play if they dont adjust it, though I'll have to get it on elsewhere at reduced odds...
And don't give me this carbage about raiding this and that. I am a man of means....and am entitled to do what I want with my money.
If I was buying shares nobody would bat an eyelid, but oh no...it's gambling..(buying shares is gambling btw).
Like I say...this is my business. It's what I have been doing for 30 years. I ain't an idiot. We'll be top 12...easily.

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:29 - Sep 30 with 1797 viewsonehunglow

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:25 - Sep 30 by Thrasher6

Absolute nonsense. I am pointing out that the compilers (of which I am one) are making lazy assumptions about our finishing position in this league. And they are (in my experienced) position totally wrong. I have the Swans as odds on shots to be top 12....they have them as 5/2. It's wrong. When I see a rick like this then I play. I'll play big as well when need be. The bet is on....(placed it this morning). But they refused me the full amount. I'll continue to play if they dont adjust it, though I'll have to get it on elsewhere at reduced odds...
And don't give me this carbage about raiding this and that. I am a man of means....and am entitled to do what I want with my money.
If I was buying shares nobody would bat an eyelid, but oh no...it's gambling..(buying shares is gambling btw).
Like I say...this is my business. It's what I have been doing for 30 years. I ain't an idiot. We'll be top 12...easily.

"Easily".
Please explain and adduce the evidence you have for that belief

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:31 - Sep 30 with 1799 viewsThrasher6

Gone toe to toe with one of the best sides in the division...at their place.....and could very easily got a result.
Take your ridiculous anti RM googles off...and you might just get it

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:36 - Sep 30 with 1787 viewsReslovenSwan1

Top Half...Top 6 on 13:55 - Sep 30 by Dr_Parnassus

If he starts messaging people telling them to bet on things using a specific company then you would have a point.

But there isn’t anything to suggest this is the case.

This is football language. We have Catullus on the other thread saying we should “lump on” Martinez being next manager of Barca.

It’s just normal social speak.

I am simply raising the possibility that in certain circumstances unscrupulous betting firms could employ agents to circumnavigate betting laws on advertising their odds on forums.

Hypothetically if they would if free from legal constraints :-

a) Present the bet as an investment
b) Downplay the risks suggesting a near guaranteed return
c) Over hype the performance of the team involved
d) Recommend an excessive sum
e) Recommend diverting hard pressed family funds
e) Suggest subtly an inside track
f) Act anonymously so no come back
g) Make no declaration of vested interest.

I have no idea if they do this or not.

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:48 - Sep 30 with 1777 viewsThrasher6

I have supported the Swans for 50 years and have posted on this site and Planetswans since the early days. So I have no hidden agenda. Just a man whose living it is to price up odds....and in my capacity of doing that...have illustrated their laziness...in not actually recognizing how good we are and how we will get better and better as the season progresses.
I saw this with our sides before. Martinez. Rodgers.
They failed to see it....they are failing to see that RM will be in the same bracket.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2021 14:49]

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:50 - Sep 30 with 1744 viewsDr_Parnassus

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:36 - Sep 30 by ReslovenSwan1

I am simply raising the possibility that in certain circumstances unscrupulous betting firms could employ agents to circumnavigate betting laws on advertising their odds on forums.

Hypothetically if they would if free from legal constraints :-

a) Present the bet as an investment
b) Downplay the risks suggesting a near guaranteed return
c) Over hype the performance of the team involved
d) Recommend an excessive sum
e) Recommend diverting hard pressed family funds
e) Suggest subtly an inside track
f) Act anonymously so no come back
g) Make no declaration of vested interest.

I have no idea if they do this or not.

I think you have been watching too many movies.

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:54 - Sep 30 with 1736 viewsDr_Parnassus

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:31 - Sep 30 by Thrasher6

Gone toe to toe with one of the best sides in the division...at their place.....and could very easily got a result.

We had one shot on target. One.

When you say toe to toe, what do you mean exactly?

Or are you just parroting what Russell Martin bizarrely said after the game?

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:57 - Sep 30 with 1755 viewsReslovenSwan1

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:50 - Sep 30 by Dr_Parnassus

I think you have been watching too many movies.

The truth is sometime stranger than fiction. I offer this forum my wisdom and an alternative point of view as you you do. The herd mentality of fans can often lead them astray as safety in numbers reassure the uncertain.

Top Half...Top 6 on 15:06 - Sep 30 with 1721 viewsDr_Parnassus

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:57 - Sep 30 by ReslovenSwan1

The truth is sometime stranger than fiction. I offer this forum my wisdom and an alternative point of view as you you do. The herd mentality of fans can often lead them astray as safety in numbers reassure the uncertain.

Well yes, but you need a modicum of reality and plausibility there.

Thrasher has been posting here for years. You reckon betting companies are paying a salary to people like him to do a deep undercover dive, to direct probably £50 worth of business when the time arises to a company he hasn’t even specified?

I understand you had a bit of an issue with your odds thread before when you incorrectly said we were favourites to go down every year in the PL. Ever since then you have got a bee in your bonnet about it.

I am guessing you thought you could bring up the law on gambling advertising and try and apply it incorrectly to posters, in order to stop them discussing it.

After being told that only applies to companies advertising their company and recommending betting with them - you created some Bourne Identity meets Oceans Eleven type Planet swans movie script instead of just acknowledging that people like to discuss it on most forums.

Top Half...Top 6 on 15:35 - Sep 30 with 1707 viewsThrasher6

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:57 - Sep 30 by ReslovenSwan1

Sanctimonious tw@t.....get over yourself

Top Half...Top 6 on 16:08 - Sep 30 with 1679 viewsCatullus

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:31 - Sep 30 by Thrasher6

You go toe to toe with every team you meet but we can hardly say we troubled them too much. They went into a 3-1 lead and then they shut up shop. They took Mitrovic off and settled for their lead.

The reality is that while we had 63% possession nad made a lot more passes than Fulham )667 - 396), we didn't hurt them too much where it mattered. On the other hand we practically gifted them two of their goals. We had 7 shots but only 1 on target. If we'd gotten a second who knows but I suspect Fulham had a bit more left than us, specially upfront.
They had pace on both wings and one of the best forwards in this division, even if he can't do so well in the EPL he's a top player in this division.
Us on the other hand, lots of pretty passing but no real cutting edge, no pace up front. We didn't play so very well in defence and it took some really very good play by Piroe and a good finish by Pato to get us one goal. Downes should have scored but didn't even hit the target.
I thinkyour evaluation is flawed. I'm not saying we won't get there but we are not there yet, still a lot to do.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Top Half...Top 6 on 16:21 - Sep 30 with 1668 viewsThrasher6

Top Half...Top 6 on 16:08 - Sep 30 by Catullus

You go toe to toe with every team you meet but we can hardly say we troubled them too much. They went into a 3-1 lead and then they shut up shop. They took Mitrovic off and settled for their lead.

The reality is that while we had 63% possession nad made a lot more passes than Fulham )667 - 396), we didn't hurt them too much where it mattered. On the other hand we practically gifted them two of their goals. We had 7 shots but only 1 on target. If we'd gotten a second who knows but I suspect Fulham had a bit more left than us, specially upfront.
They had pace on both wings and one of the best forwards in this division, even if he can't do so well in the EPL he's a top player in this division.
Us on the other hand, lots of pretty passing but no real cutting edge, no pace up front. We didn't play so very well in defence and it took some really very good play by Piroe and a good finish by Pato to get us one goal. Downes should have scored but didn't even hit the target.
I thinkyour evaluation is flawed. I'm not saying we won't get there but we are not there yet, still a lot to do.

The negativity on here really does astound me. Don't you realise that West Brom and Fulham are head and shoulders above the rest in this division.
I have witnessed the dross of many of our early opponents and we have very little to fear in this division. Be nice if people can recognize this and stop this constant sniping and associated nonsense...

Top Half...Top 6 on 16:48 - Sep 30 with 1642 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Top Half...Top 6 on 14:54 - Sep 30 by Dr_Parnassus

We had one shot on target. One.

When you say toe to toe, what do you mean exactly?

Or are you just parroting what Russell Martin bizarrely said after the game?

"Toe to toe"

Meaning Marco Silva was happy to watch Swansea City's defenders and whichever centre midfielder was playing centre back with them pass it around the back with no intent, patiently waiting for for us to lose the ball. Fulham would subsequently counter attack whilst Bidwell and Laird were 50 yards ahead of the other defenders and they created numerous chances.

I cannot name a more deluded fan base than ours.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024