Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RS not happy and video highlights. 09:22 - Jul 17 with 4274 viewselectricblue

A good 12min video from yesterdays game.

RS not happy.

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

RS not happy and video highlights. on 10:53 - Jul 17 with 4028 views442Dale

Take no satisfaction in being completely right about the design on the back of the away shirt making numbers almost impossible to make out. Season ruined.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

RS not happy and video highlights. on 14:29 - Jul 17 with 3680 viewsMoonyDale

Have to agree about the pitch, it looked awful and the bounce was all over the place.....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

RS not happy and video highlights. on 14:37 - Jul 17 with 3654 viewsYorkshire_Dale

RS not happy and video highlights. on 14:29 - Jul 17 by MoonyDale

Have to agree about the pitch, it looked awful and the bounce was all over the place.....

Is that Darlo's main venue or training facility?

Good video....I thought our lot looked ok for early days. Must have been tropical heat.
RS not happy and video highlights. on 18:49 - Jul 17 with 3254 viewsfermin

RS not happy and video highlights. on 14:37 - Jul 17 by Yorkshire_Dale

Is that Darlo's main venue or training facility?

Good video....I thought our lot looked ok for early days. Must have been tropical heat.

That is their main venue. It was originally just the ground of the Rugby Union club but they came to a ground share agreement and upgraded the facilities to meet the relevant standard. If I remember correctly there would be difficulties in developing it further. However, it was the best option to get the club back into Darlington.

They are also fan-owned and I noticed a poster in the back of the stand benhind the goal saying, 'Our football clubs are not life not just for business' which I think we can agree with.
RS not happy and video highlights. on 19:07 - Jul 17 with 3194 viewsEllDale

So what has happened to that fancy stadium that George Reynolds had built where we played in the 2008 playoff game?
Is it derelict or in use for another purpose?
RS not happy and video highlights. on 19:44 - Jul 17 with 3086 viewsDalenet

RS not happy and video highlights. on 19:07 - Jul 17 by EllDale

So what has happened to that fancy stadium that George Reynolds had built where we played in the 2008 playoff game?

It's a rugby union stadium now.
RS not happy and video highlights. on 19:57 - Jul 17 with 3044 viewsTVOS1907

RS not happy and video highlights. on 19:07 - Jul 17 by EllDale

I went to have a look yesterday. I didn't see any reference to egg-chasing, as per dalenet's post, but I only had a brief glance and saw that the Northern Echo Arena is soon to host a Simply Red concert and acts as a Covid vaccination centre!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

RS not happy and video highlights. on 20:10 - Jul 17 with 2966 viewssxdale

I believe it's Darlington Mowden Park Rugby who play there and they have a monthly car boot sale
Login to get fewer ads

RS not happy and video highlights. on 20:50 - Jul 17 with 2859 viewsfermin

RS not happy and video highlights. on 20:10 - Jul 17 by sxdale

I believe it's Darlington Mowden Park Rugby who play there and they have a monthly car boot sale

You can see the ground here. Not sure why the need such a big ground.
RS not happy and video highlights. on 21:02 - Jul 17 with 2816 viewsColDale

RS not happy and video highlights. on 20:50 - Jul 17 by fermin

You can see the ground here. Not sure why the need such a big ground.

Still cannot fathom how if Darlo couldn't afford to play there which seemed to be the reason for departing, then how could a rugby side?

Darlo of then would have had significantly higher crowds than the rugby, the EFL/TV money is one hell of a subsidy and the stadium was set up to generate cash from the crowd.
RS not happy and video highlights. on 21:03 - Jul 17 with 2814 viewsDalenet

RS not happy and video highlights. on 19:57 - Jul 17 by TVOS1907

I went to have a look yesterday. I didn't see any reference to egg-chasing, as per dalenet's post, but I only had a brief glance and saw that the Northern Echo Arena is soon to host a Simply Red concert and acts as a Covid vaccination centre!

Yep third division rugby union. Oh and concerts. Sad really. One day Darlo may be back there
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024