Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Ball 22:05 - Aug 30 with 14013 viewsmeeee

What’s up with this guy? A few weeks ago he scores and stands in front of the Sandy with his finger in his ears staring at the fans. Tonight he scores and doesn’t celebrate but stares right at the fans again. He gets subbed off and doesn’t clap the fans, and then when the players came over at the full time whistle after the team talk on the pitch he’s behind all the other players shoulders slumped and sulking
James Ball on 22:12 - Aug 30 with 7050 viewsKnowlesy

He's an absolute weapon and all of twitter was lapping it up pre season calling for him to be captain. Glad it's not just me who sees it.
James Ball on 22:13 - Aug 30 with 7041 views_Windydale

Yep, I noticed his strange reaction after scoring. Tarring all fans with the same brush I would guess.

He's probably wound up at the young keyboard warriors on Twitter who took the p1ss when he was playing poorly at his 'on the beach' snaps. And as he's a frequent twitter user, aware of the recent criticism of his poor form at late.

If being moody and spitting the dummy out has caused him to score goals and play better then maybe it's been a good thing.
James Ball on 22:23 - Aug 30 with 6945 viewskel

He’s a bellend. Lapped it up over the summer when he was going on his LADS HOLIDAY and the Twitter teeny boppers were up his arse. Now he’s (rightly) being criticised for his attitude and performances (whilst also looking very unfit) he’s showing his arse. Rough and smooth, James. Just get on with doing what you’re paid to do and act your age.

Edit- sorry, Windy. Only skimmed over your post and note you’ve made more or less the same points as me.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 22:25]
James Ball on 22:27 - Aug 30 with 6899 viewsTalkingSutty

James Ball on 22:23 - Aug 30 by kel

He’s a bellend. Lapped it up over the summer when he was going on his LADS HOLIDAY and the Twitter teeny boppers were up his arse. Now he’s (rightly) being criticised for his attitude and performances (whilst also looking very unfit) he’s showing his arse. Rough and smooth, James. Just get on with doing what you’re paid to do and act your age.

Edit- sorry, Windy. Only skimmed over your post and note you’ve made more or less the same points as me.

The timing isn’t bad though with the transfer window still open, if he doesn’t like it at the club he can have a word with the other JB who now calls the shots. The fans have been through enough over the last couple of years without one of our own players thinking he can extract the urine out of us..and i agree, he doesn’t look fit. It’s a shame because I think he could be a very good player if he sorted himself out.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 22:32]
James Ball on 22:29 - Aug 30 with 6875 viewsIOMDale

I’m loathe to criticise players in a personal capacity but have to agree that Ball does come across as a very petulant, insecure individual, always looking for affirmation from social media. However, he seems a very popular squad member so I could be miles off piste.

However, developing a skin more akin to a rhino than a greyhound wouldn’t do any harm.

UTDNFS

James Ball on 22:32 - Aug 30 with 6833 viewskel

James Ball on 22:27 - Aug 30 by TalkingSutty

The timing isn’t bad though with the transfer window still open, if he doesn’t like it at the club he can have a word with the other JB who now calls the shots. The fans have been through enough over the last couple of years without one of our own players thinking he can extract the urine out of us..and i agree, he doesn’t look fit. It’s a shame because I think he could be a very good player if he sorted himself out.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2022 22:32]

Said on Twitter I’d happy if we could get shut before the window closes. We need every single squad member, management team, board and supporters pulling in the same direction to get us out of this mess and if he’s not up for the fight then time to part ways,
James Ball on 22:33 - Aug 30 with 6816 viewskel

James Ball on 22:29 - Aug 30 by IOMDale

I’m loathe to criticise players in a personal capacity but have to agree that Ball does come across as a very petulant, insecure individual, always looking for affirmation from social media. However, he seems a very popular squad member so I could be miles off piste.

However, developing a skin more akin to a rhino than a greyhound wouldn’t do any harm.

Me too, don’t think I’ve ever criticised a player in a personal way but this bloke gets right on my nerves. I’d love it if he proved me wrong however,
James Ball on 22:38 - Aug 30 with 6769 viewsTalkingSutty

James Ball on 22:32 - Aug 30 by kel

Said on Twitter I’d happy if we could get shut before the window closes. We need every single squad member, management team, board and supporters pulling in the same direction to get us out of this mess and if he’s not up for the fight then time to part ways,

Spot on, i don’t think the manager will put up with any of that and it does make you wonder if there has been too much player power going on in the dressing room. If i was JB that would be one of the first things i would look at. I don’t mind seeing arrogance in a player but not when it’s aimed towards his own supporters who are yet to see the team register a win this season.
Login to get fewer ads

James Ball on 22:55 - Aug 30 with 6646 viewsnordenblue

James Ball on 22:23 - Aug 30 by kel

Nowt like making a rod for his own back, bless him very precious
James Ball on 23:28 - Aug 30 with 6476 viewsD_Alien

This is why i don't do Twitter

I couldn't care less what goes on there, tbh. What i do care about is how someone performs on the pitch. A goal and an assist tonight. If he does that more often he can post whatever shite he likes as far as i'm concerned

Part of the new manager's job is to harness the different personalities into a cohesive unit. The only thing that would bother me is if Ball was disruptive in the dressing room. No evidence for that as far as i can see

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

James Ball on 00:04 - Aug 31 with 6352 viewsjudd

James Ball on 23:28 - Aug 30 by D_Alien

I couldn't care less what goes on there, tbh. What i do care about is how someone performs on the pitch. A goal and an assist tonight. If he does that more often he can post whatever shite he likes as far as i'm concerned

Part of the new manager's job is to harness the different personalities into a cohesive unit. The only thing that would bother me is if Ball was disruptive in the dressing room. No evidence for that as far as i can see

Sadly there is one post that claims he told fans to fook off.

If this is verified then he needs to know it will only end one way.

Poll: What is it to be then?

James Ball on 05:30 - Aug 31 with 6094 viewsrichfoad32

James Ball on 23:28 - Aug 30 by D_Alien

I'm sure Twitter, Facebook and the like have their uses but as evidenced several times on here they often cause more trouble than they're worth. Without wishing to stereotype, James Ball like most footballers hardly comes across as one of life's great thinkers so why would you really care what he has to say or what he's doing? Not a good idea to allegedly be abusive to supporters but then I'm sure there are plenty who are on social media whose sole purpose is to goad and stir up trouble, everyone should grow up all round.

If Bentley can get him performing on the pitch, that will do for me.
James Ball on 06:57 - Aug 31 with 5935 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

You can see on the highlights that during his non-celebration, Ball chose to spit while facing the Dale fans.

Whilst not directly spitting at someone per se, as this is a voluntary action, it would be hard to justify this as anything other than showing contempt for the travelling support.
James Ball on 07:22 - Aug 31 with 5837 viewskel

James Ball on 05:30 - Aug 31 by richfoad32

I'm sure Twitter, Facebook and the like have their uses but as evidenced several times on here they often cause more trouble than they're worth. Without wishing to stereotype, James Ball like most footballers hardly comes across as one of life's great thinkers so why would you really care what he has to say or what he's doing? Not a good idea to allegedly be abusive to supporters but then I'm sure there are plenty who are on social media whose sole purpose is to goad and stir up trouble, everyone should grow up all round.

If Bentley can get him performing on the pitch, that will do for me.

I usually hate comparing ‘normal’ jobs to that of a footballer, but even if I was at the top of my game in mine every single day and I allegedly told a customer to fook off I’d be down the road. It’s a severe lack of respect to people who are shelling out lots of money in the current climate and it’s not on.

Put simply, my boss wouldn’t offer me the opportunity to get the best out of me in my role.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 7:23]
James Ball on 07:33 - Aug 31 with 5790 viewsHullDale

I commented over the Summer that a disproportionate amount of signings were commenting (a little OTT in my opinion) how it was the pull of Shan or Stockdale that made them sign for us.

We have a squad that is more active on social media than any I can remember before, and Ball is probably the most prolific within that. It was also clear that it was his relationship with Shan that brought him here over anywhere else.

I can't help but wonder if the incident at Gillingham, and some of the massively OTT social media reactions and abuse of Stockdale / Shan (which more fans have called out as wrong than actually engaged in it) have played into what appears to have happened with Ball last night. Its no excuse, & I think I'd expect at least an apology if what is alleged is correct, but there is probably a huge lesson for the players in not using social media if you end up being too emotionally involved.
James Ball on 07:47 - Aug 31 with 5728 viewsrichfoad32

James Ball on 07:22 - Aug 31 by kel

I usually hate comparing ‘normal’ jobs to that of a footballer, but even if I was at the top of my game in mine every single day and I allegedly told a customer to fook off I’d be down the road. It’s a severe lack of respect to people who are shelling out lots of money in the current climate and it’s not on.

Put simply, my boss wouldn’t offer me the opportunity to get the best out of me in my role.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 7:23]

'Allegedly'. Is there any evidence of this twitch or tweet or whatever the hell they're called before we start a witch hunt?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 7:47]
James Ball on 07:54 - Aug 31 with 5662 viewskel

James Ball on 07:47 - Aug 31 by richfoad32

'Allegedly'. Is there any evidence of this twitch or tweet or whatever the hell they're called before we start a witch hunt?
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 7:47]

That’s possibly why I used the word “allegedly” don’t you think?

Judd posted it above that somebody had claimed there was a tweet saying it.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 7:56]
James Ball on 08:02 - Aug 31 with 5622 viewsrichfoad32

James Ball on 07:54 - Aug 31 by kel

That’s possibly why I used the word “allegedly” don’t you think?

Judd posted it above that somebody had claimed there was a tweet saying it.
[Post edited 31 Aug 2022 7:56]

It just seemed that your post was saying that Ball (or anyone else) should be out of the door for just having a supporter allege he abused them on Twitter, without any evidence to corroborate it.

If I read it wrong, I apologise.
James Ball on 08:06 - Aug 31 with 5583 viewskel

James Ball on 08:02 - Aug 31 by richfoad32

It just seemed that your post was saying that Ball (or anyone else) should be out of the door for just having a supporter allege he abused them on Twitter, without any evidence to corroborate it.

If I read it wrong, I apologise.

No worries. I know football is different so I wouldn’t expect him to be shown the door like in a ‘normal’ job which I should have clarified.

I think someone needs to have a word with the lad though because he’s obviously got some kind of issue with the supporters imo, and it needs nipping in the bud. We can’t afford to carry passengers in our position and if he learns from it then great, we’ve got a chance. Bad relationships between players and fans helps nobody right now.
James Ball on 08:17 - Aug 31 with 5539 viewsrichfoad32

James Ball on 08:06 - Aug 31 by kel

No worries. I know football is different so I wouldn’t expect him to be shown the door like in a ‘normal’ job which I should have clarified.

I think someone needs to have a word with the lad though because he’s obviously got some kind of issue with the supporters imo, and it needs nipping in the bud. We can’t afford to carry passengers in our position and if he learns from it then great, we’ve got a chance. Bad relationships between players and fans helps nobody right now.

I remember when Ball first signed and seemed to have a spikiness and attitude that were lauded as being what we needed on the pitch, it's definitely not needed off it.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I've read of sports teams banning their players from using social media, it might seem drastic but it's not a bad idea. I'm sure the world can live without James Ball's banal observations for the 10 years or so of his career.
James Ball on 08:20 - Aug 31 with 5506 viewsfitzochris

James Ball on 08:17 - Aug 31 by richfoad32

I remember when Ball first signed and seemed to have a spikiness and attitude that were lauded as being what we needed on the pitch, it's definitely not needed off it.

I could be wrong, but I'm sure I've read of sports teams banning their players from using social media, it might seem drastic but it's not a bad idea. I'm sure the world can live without James Ball's banal observations for the 10 years or so of his career.

I always feel players can never win when using social media. If they play by the rules, they are limited to banal comments such as "fans were class", "Not the result we wanted, but we go again" etc etc. It always seems hollow. If they choose to show a bit of expression, it usually ends up with them getting in bother.

All that said, there can never be any excuse for a player having a go at the fans as a collective (if that is indeed what Ball has done).

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

James Ball on 08:51 - Aug 31 with 5379 viewsEllDale

The daft thing is that if he’s taken umbrage at the comments of perhaps 20 people on Twitter and maybe a dozen on this forum then he’s forgetting that there are probably another 2000 of us who are either broadly supportive of his efforts or neutral.
And if he’s upset about RS and Jimmy Shan leaving, sorry it’s a fact of footballing life and most players get on with it.
James Ball on 09:12 - Aug 31 with 5280 viewsHullDale

The 'celebration' is on here... at best its bizarre.
James Ball on 09:15 - Aug 31 with 5265 viewsrichfoad32

James Ball on 08:51 - Aug 31 by EllDale

The daft thing is that if he’s taken umbrage at the comments of perhaps 20 people on Twitter and maybe a dozen on this forum then he’s forgetting that there are probably another 2000 of us who are either broadly supportive of his efforts or neutral.
And if he’s upset about RS and Jimmy Shan leaving, sorry it’s a fact of footballing life and most players get on with it.

It doesn't matter how few it is, people are normally on social media to have their ego stroked, not to be challenged.

If he's supposedly sulking over the managerial change, surely Bentley would've picked up on it and had him nowhere near the team last night?
James Ball on 09:23 - Aug 31 with 5204 viewsColDale

Support works both ways.

He's not had the best start to the season - a lot of that is down to playing in the wrong position both individually and as a team. He showed last season that his strengths are more of an attacking threat than defending. Goal and an assist last night playing in positions he's been nowhere near since he first joined us.

I've no doubt he's been frustrated at the season and sensitive to a lot of the comments that have been made, often revolving around social media posts (I remember Hendo coming off social media a few years back for similar reasons) that have no relevance in the grand scheme of things.

Yes he shouldn't have done it and he should have acknowledged those fans staying back to applaud him and his team mates but lets not ostracise someone at a time when we really do need everyone pulling in the same direction.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024