Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Deadline Day 10:33 - Sep 1 with 9218 viewsHullDale

Transfer Deadline Day on 10:53 - Sep 1 with 7136 viewsIOMDale

TDD is all about rumours so I'll kick things off by mentioning that a couple of Stockport supporters seem to think Scott Quigley could be on his way to us. He's not in their plans so he likely will be on the move somewhere.

UTDNFS

Transfer Deadline Day on 11:28 - Sep 1 with 6919 viewsBrierls

Transfer Deadline Day on 10:53 - Sep 1 by IOMDale

TDD is all about rumours so I'll kick things off by mentioning that a couple of Stockport supporters seem to think Scott Quigley could be on his way to us. He's not in their plans so he likely will be on the move somewhere.

Can't see us signing a striker, unless one or maybe two are on their way out.

I'd take Quigley though.
Transfer Deadline Day on 11:32 - Sep 1 with 6905 viewsColDale

Given that the Conference doesn't have a transfer window, any outgoings might not necessarily be today
Transfer Deadline Day on 11:36 - Sep 1 with 6874 viewsColDale

Transfer Deadline Day on 12:58 - Sep 1 with 6540 viewsHullDale

A couple of bits from twitter suggesting Humphrys from Wigan to Hearts.
Transfer Deadline Day on 17:46 - Sep 1 with 5948 viewsleedsdale

Transfer Deadline Day on 10:53 - Sep 1 by IOMDale

Looks like you’re right!

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:51 - Sep 1 with 5907 viewsMasher

Transfer Deadline Day on 12:58 - Sep 1 by HullDale

A couple of bits from twitter suggesting Humphrys from Wigan to Hearts.

He was desperate to move closer to home when we signed him from Southend. Would he really want to go to Scotland?

Up The Dale!!

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:53 - Sep 1 with 5896 viewsJames1980

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:46 - Sep 1 by leedsdale

Looks like you’re right!

Is this the one in EBJ's preferred formation perhaps.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:04 - Sep 1 with 5741 viewsBrierls

Transfer Deadline Day on 11:28 - Sep 1 by Brierls

Can't see us signing a striker, unless one or maybe two are on their way out.

I'd take Quigley though.

Nice one, IOMDale!

At this point, I should probably point out that I'd expect Tulloch to be the striker on their way out. Can't see Campbell or Charman going out if they're injured, but as Col said above it's not deadline day in the National League.
Transfer Deadline Day on 18:08 - Sep 1 with 5709 viewsrichfoad32

Transfer Deadline Day on 17:53 - Sep 1 by James1980

Is this the one in EBJ's preferred formation perhaps.

I might be being thick or maybe I've missed summat, but who's EBJ?
Transfer Deadline Day on 18:09 - Sep 1 with 5694 viewsSaxonDale

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:04 - Sep 1 by Brierls

Nice one, IOMDale!

At this point, I should probably point out that I'd expect Tulloch to be the striker on their way out. Can't see Campbell or Charman going out if they're injured, but as Col said above it's not deadline day in the National League.

Agreed. It wouldn’t have been the first position I’d have strengthened but Given our midfield struggles it’s crucial we have a player who can be an out-ball and keep the out of our half whenever possible. I’m sure Bentley will be telling our defenders to go long it in doubt and concentrate on keeping the ball out of our net!
Transfer Deadline Day on 18:13 - Sep 1 with 5637 viewsHullDale

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:08 - Sep 1 by richfoad32

I might be being thick or maybe I've missed summat, but who's EBJ?

Even Bigger Jim - Jim Bentley... the new nickname given by AltDaleComms following Swiss Army Jimmy & Big Jim McNulty.
Transfer Deadline Day on 18:23 - Sep 1 with 5539 viewsIOMDale

Nice one, IOMDale!

If only I was half as accurate in the Prediction League!

Very happy with this signing - if it’s ball sticks up top, it means we can be playing 15/20 yards further up the pitch.

UTDNFS

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:38 - Sep 1 with 5429 viewsdavidab2202

Nice one, IOMDale!

Having spent a combined sum supposedly of around £150,000 on Campbell and Charman would be amazed if the decision to loan either out were taken I assume because they are not up to L 2 standard when neither have been given much of a chance to settle in unless there is more to it than meets my eye.
Transfer Deadline Day on 18:55 - Sep 1 with 5274 viewsBrierls

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:38 - Sep 1 by davidab2202

Having spent a combined sum supposedly of around £150,000 on Campbell and Charman would be amazed if the decision to loan either out were taken I assume because they are not up to L 2 standard when neither have been given much of a chance to settle in unless there is more to it than meets my eye.

I'm not sure the transfer fee paid comes into the equation. If they're not deemed good enough, or ready, then ship them out and replace them with somebody who is. There doesn't have to be more to it than that.

We've got too many strikers now, at least when everybody is fit. The pecking order for me...

Rodney
Quigley
Hendo
Campbell
Charman
Sinclair
Tulloch

Sinclair provides versatility rather than being a striker, even if I fear he's going to be inconsistent. Tulloch screams 'Stockdale Panic Signing', I don't know what he is.

I'd like to see what Campbell and Charman can do under a more attacking philosophy but I'm not sure when they'll get the opportunity. It makes sense for one of them to go and get game time elsewhere, and I'm leaning toward Charman as he appeared to struggle with the step up.
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:04 - Sep 1 with 5175 viewsdavidab2202

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:55 - Sep 1 by Brierls

I'm not sure the transfer fee paid comes into the equation. If they're not deemed good enough, or ready, then ship them out and replace them with somebody who is. There doesn't have to be more to it than that.

We've got too many strikers now, at least when everybody is fit. The pecking order for me...

Rodney
Quigley
Hendo
Campbell
Charman
Sinclair
Tulloch

Sinclair provides versatility rather than being a striker, even if I fear he's going to be inconsistent. Tulloch screams 'Stockdale Panic Signing', I don't know what he is.

I'd like to see what Campbell and Charman can do under a more attacking philosophy but I'm not sure when they'll get the opportunity. It makes sense for one of them to go and get game time elsewhere, and I'm leaning toward Charman as he appeared to struggle with the step up.

Whilst accepting your point on transfer fees ,one would hope that for a club like Dale to shell out £100,000 plus on a striker from non league surely someone somewhere did their homework and decided he was good enough for us and L 2 standard
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:16 - Sep 1 with 5078 viewsBrierls

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:04 - Sep 1 by davidab2202

Whilst accepting your point on transfer fees ,one would hope that for a club like Dale to shell out £100,000 plus on a striker from non league surely someone somewhere did their homework and decided he was good enough for us and L 2 standard

Stockdale and Shan must have done their homework and believed Campbell, Charman and Ball were up to L2 standard and worth paying the fees we did.

I'm not a 'football person' but Campbell scored a lot of goals for Woking and was well thought of by fans of other clubs in NL. Charman was getting rave reviews in NLN. Ball was receiving plaudits for Solihull Moors who were competing towards the top end of NL.

With hindsight, I've got doubts about any of them being League Two quality, but would like to see how they perform under EBJ.
[Post edited 1 Sep 2022 19:22]
Transfer Deadline Day on 19:20 - Sep 1 with 5009 viewsD_Alien

Transfer Deadline Day on 18:55 - Sep 1 by Brierls

Rodney
Quigley
Hendo
Campbell
Charman
Sinclair
Tulloch

I'm not sure it can be said that Charman struggled with the step up. Sure, it took a few games to get up to speed from a couple of divisions below but once he'd got there he showed good composure on the ball, the ability to run at a defence and finding the back of the net with aplomb at the end

He was clearly chomping at the bit but that seemed to spill over into a dispute with Shan on the touchline that can't have helped his confidence. As far as i'm concerned, he's starting afresh with a new manager. If we have too many strikers and once fit he'd benefit from being loaned out, that'd be because the strikers who've been playing have performed

I'm sure EBJ will want to see what a fit Charman can do before coming to any conclusions

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:40 - Sep 1 with 4817 viewsBrierls

Transfer Deadline Day on 19:20 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

I'm not sure it can be said that Charman struggled with the step up. Sure, it took a few games to get up to speed from a couple of divisions below but once he'd got there he showed good composure on the ball, the ability to run at a defence and finding the back of the net with aplomb at the end

He was clearly chomping at the bit but that seemed to spill over into a dispute with Shan on the touchline that can't have helped his confidence. As far as i'm concerned, he's starting afresh with a new manager. If we have too many strikers and once fit he'd benefit from being loaned out, that'd be because the strikers who've been playing have performed

I'm sure EBJ will want to see what a fit Charman can do before coming to any conclusions

Charman made 20 appearances for Dale last season (10 from the start, 10 as sub) and scored in one of those appearances.

He made 7 appearances for Darlo before joining Dale last season and scored in six of those seven appearances.

Those are the stats, but obviously we can form our own opinions on how he played. I thought he ran his balls off, but lacked quality with his touch and finding another Dale shirt when attempting a pass. He looked sharper in his earlier appearances than later, which I put down to him (his body) adjusting back to full time football and a lack of confidence after not finding the back of the net. He was more Donnelly than Beesley.

He struggled with the step up.

I hope he does get a chance to show EBJ what he can do and smashes it, he was the January signing I was most excited about. I just don't see where that chance is coming from with the other players in the squad.
Transfer Deadline Day on 20:07 - Sep 1 with 4606 viewsNewbury_Dale

Would agree Charman struggled initially, but I felt he improved as the season drew to a close. I'd be disappointed to see him let go personally, even on loan. No idea whether he's still injured either ?
Transfer Deadline Day on 22:17 - Sep 1 with 3953 viewsleedsdale

Ryan McLoughlin has left Morecambe
Transfer Deadline Day on 22:18 - Sep 1 with 3945 viewsEllDale

Perhaps it’s just me after the odd deadline day departure in the past (eg Jamie Allen) but I’m just glad that there’s no hint of anyone leaving for an undisclosed fee for. Someone like Brierley or Odoh.
Personally I would have liked to see the arrival of a genuine right back but I accept that you can’t have everything.
Transfer Deadline Day on 22:23 - Sep 1 with 3899 viewsJames1980

Transfer Deadline Day on 22:17 - Sep 1 by leedsdale

Ryan McLoughlin has left Morecambe

Has he continued to be blighted by injury woes?

Transfer Deadline Day on 22:26 - Sep 1 with 3849 viewsD_Alien

Transfer Deadline Day on 22:23 - Sep 1 by James1980

Has he continued to be blighted by injury woes?

Just 19 appearances, so it would appear so

Managed to get himself 'fit' for a couple of televised cup games last season...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Transfer Deadline Day on 22:29 - Sep 1 with 3820 viewsJames1980

Transfer Deadline Day on 22:26 - Sep 1 by D_Alien

Just 19 appearances, so it would appear so

Managed to get himself 'fit' for a couple of televised cup games last season...

He's a decent player shame he seems to be made of rice paper.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024