Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barrow (h) Match Thread 10:56 - Oct 12 with 16103 viewsHullDale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 10:57 - Oct 12 with 8487 viewsHullDale

Guessing this might be a new signing for Barrow..

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 16:40 - Oct 12 with 8226 viewsturnthescrew

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 10:57 - Oct 12 by HullDale

Guessing this might be a new signing for Barrow..

Their 3rd choice shirt has been released. That's all.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 11:11 - Oct 14 with 7643 viewsHullDale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:45 - Oct 14 with 7350 viewsTVOS1907

https://www.barrowafc.com/news/2022/october/141022-petes-video-preview-rochdale-

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:27 - Oct 15 with 6846 viewsD_Dale

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63182346

Not sure whether Harrogate 2 Hartlepool 1 is a 'good result' for Dale.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 14:43 - Oct 15 with 6789 views442Dale

Away fans moved. Good work.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 16:16 - Oct 15 with 6397 viewsSheffdale

Quiet on here today. Good to see Kelly on the scoresheet with a cracker to give us the lead. Will one be enough again?
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 16:46 - Oct 15 with 6241 viewsblackdogblue

I need glasses, according to Sky Sports we are 2 up โ€ฆ either that or too many beers in the Dog รฐลธหœโ‚ฌ

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 15 with 6132 viewsSheffdale

Great result and shows the importance of a second goal cushion.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:05 - Oct 15 with 6044 viewsrichfoad32

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:00 - Oct 15 by Sheffdale

Great result and shows the importance of a second goal cushion.

Not entirely convincing, but we are showing we can dig in and grind out results.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:18 - Oct 15 with 5903 viewsisitme

Scored two good goals and should/could have scored another two. Lots of fight and some good football at times. Quigley leads the line well and for the most part we defended okay. A shocking decision by the assistant ref and the phantom 10 minute injury time were the only real worries and we managed the game okay after they scored.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:33 - Oct 15 with 5754 viewsBarrowdale

Great ball in for the second hoal by Rodney, but until then heโ€™d barely had a touch.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:36 - Oct 15 with 5732 viewsHullDale

For the most part, that was really enjoyable today. We are a LOT fitter, more attacking intent, more resilient, and generally at times borderline fun to watch!

Thought the ref was poor and the main stand lino was shocking. They noticably got more decisions after Seriki went down in the second half - we went for a drinks break and the Barrow players were all around the ref.

Get a win on Saturday against Dons (who lost again today) and we could be as high as 16th / 17th. Jim Bentley is doing a good job of improving us week on week.

Credit also to Barrow's #10. Probably the best ball boy I've ever seen.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:52 - Oct 15 with 5529 views442Dale

9 points from 4 games. Worst Dale side ever apparently.

2400 home fans for a team in the bottom two as well.

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:58 - Oct 15 with 5468 viewsD_Alien

We've not had much to cheer about on our home pitch for a while, but that was a genuinely hard-fought proper Lancashire derby-type victory, and the first of anything resembling a champagne moment when Quigley knocked home Rodney's superb cross in front of an ecstatic Sandy. Took me back to the many significant goal celebrations in there over the years - like we were turning a corner. The players treated it like that too, not to mention EBJ at the end

Quigley rightly MoM for an old-fashioned centre forward performance and rewarded with the goal, but everyone played their part and after referring to the team spirit through consistent selection last week, it paid off again today

Always looked like we'd need a second and so it proved, but in a way that just added to the 90+3+6 minutes of enjoyable L2 football. More of that, and it'll do me

[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 18:45]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:58 - Oct 15 with 5471 viewsBigKindo

Hadn't realised their No 6 with nasty streak was ex Daley Niall Canavan.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:01 - Oct 15 with 5419 viewsD_Alien

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:52 - Oct 15 by 442Dale

Just short of 2500, and with gates creeping back over 3000 for the time being, our support is not only holding up well but seems to have a renewed belief now we're competing like our lives depend on it, we they do

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:09 - Oct 15 with 5282 viewskel

Since Iโ€™ve been going in the main stand Iโ€™ve never known people to stay behind for so long to applaud the players off the pitch. Not the prettiest of games at times but if it gets us three points I couldnโ€™t care less.

The change in mental strength of this team from the first four games is so good to see and long may it continue.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:12 - Oct 15 with 5230 viewsTVOS1907

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 17:52 - Oct 15 by 442Dale

Doubt we'll hear about it this week.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:13 - Oct 15 with 5205 viewsDaleiLama

Not a classic, but a gritty, hard fought win. We are still fluffing too many chances (Kelly and Rodney to name the worst) and crossing poorly too often, but we scored a couple of cracking goals and had Kelly converted, that would have been contender for gotm.

We conceded from a corner but generally we've defended much better under EBJ and we fight harder, look fitter and have more desire. The needle is very much moving in the right direction. I could have imagined a BBM or RS side getting a point or less from that game. Under EBJ, we got a much needed 3 points, a confidence boosting home win and something to celebrate after getting back from Spotland.

Honestly, well done to all. Quigley did well up front but Toums had a good game, Ball too until he faded. It's also noticeable how EBJ has kept the same side wherever possible and that appears to be paying dividends too. Bring on the Wombles.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 18:16]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:13 - Oct 15 with 5205 viewsisitme

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:12 - Oct 15 by TVOS1907

Doubt we'll hear about it this week.

It's funny that match threads are always busier after a poor performance.
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:15 - Oct 15 with 5171 viewsfourfourtwo

What Bentley has achieved with this group of players is downright remarkable.

The team spirit, togetherness, solidity & feel good factor is incredible.

To say this is the same group of players we had at the start of the season, other than Quigley, is astonishing.

Keep it up please Jim! This is the best itโ€™s felt to be a Dale fan for a long time.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2022 18:16]
Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:20 - Oct 15 with 5111 viewsDaleiLama

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:13 - Oct 15 by isitme

It takes a while for folks to get home too, but it's true - less to get off your chest I suppose

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:25 - Oct 15 with 4982 viewsD_Alien

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:13 - Oct 15 by isitme

There's many a miserable sod posts on here. They know who they are, and i couldn't care less if that offends anyone. I'm just glad i don't live like that

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:30 - Oct 15 with 4879 views442Dale

Barrow (h) Match Thread on 18:25 - Oct 15 by D_Alien

There's many a miserable sod posts on here. They know who they are, and i couldn't care less if that offends anyone. I'm just glad i don't live like that

Itโ€™s the ones that make personal attacks on players that have the least credibility when they canโ€™t acknowledge the positives of victory.

Thereโ€™s no issue around making a point of poor performances, but weโ€™ve seen consistent abuse on here towards some of our squad.

Note: the manager has used Jim McNulty twice now as a late sub to ensure we hold onto leads. Thatโ€™s six points heโ€™s helped us earn.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024