Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cymru Prem drop zone 23:04 - Oct 22 with 3022 viewsKilkennyjack

The two newly promoted teams are the bottom two.

Played 22 games between then, just 3 wins (all 3 Pontypridd).

Looks like a gulf in quality between the established teams and the 2 feeder leagues.

Plans are on the cards to increase the size of the Cymru Prem from 12 to 14 or 16.
Not sure if thats a good thing or not.

[Post edited 23 Oct 2022 5:18]

Beware of the Risen People

Cymru Prem drop zone on 08:12 - Oct 24 with 502 viewsKilkennyjack

Cymru Prem drop zone on 07:28 - Oct 24 by BryanSwan

Maybe i am, maybe I'm not.

Around half of Pontys first team squad left over the summer after they accepted promotion after Llantwit didt meet the regulations. Most left for other local teams.
That is why they struggle going up, half of their squad automatically leaves.

Can't say for Airbus as I've no idea whats going on there, but being deducted points probably speaks for itself.

Fair enough.

But the truth is Ponty brought in a new manager, who immediately strengthened the squad for what was coming. And looks like he has given them a chance of staying up with their 3 wins.
They are in touch, Airbus are not.

Not sure that the players leaving was a problem.
Certainly most of them were not players the club wanted to retain.
They came second in the league after all.

The fact its still been hard for them despite the wholescale strenthening sort of makes the point.

Cymru Prem drop zone on 10:10 - Oct 24 with 463 viewsBryanSwan

Cymru Prem drop zone on 08:12 - Oct 24 by Kilkennyjack

Fair enough.

But the truth is Ponty brought in a new manager, who immediately strengthened the squad for what was coming. And looks like he has given them a chance of staying up with their 3 wins.
They are in touch, Airbus are not.

Not sure that the players leaving was a problem.
Certainly most of them were not players the club wanted to retain.
They came second in the league after all.

The fact its still been hard for them despite the wholescale strenthening sort of makes the point.

They are in touch with the teams that aren't exactly splashing the cash which is exactly where I'd expect them to be.
They wages paid at TNS, Connahs Quay, Penybont etc are going to be a load more than Ponty can afford.
Only 2pts off 8th in the league is pretty respectable.

I'd also add it's not going to be easy when only 4 of your first XI are there to start the next season. A few have gone to Barry if I'm not mistaken.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

Cymru Prem drop zone on 21:10 - Oct 24 with 420 viewsKilkennyjack

Cymru Prem drop zone on 10:10 - Oct 24 by BryanSwan

They are in touch with the teams that aren't exactly splashing the cash which is exactly where I'd expect them to be.
They wages paid at TNS, Connahs Quay, Penybont etc are going to be a load more than Ponty can afford.
Only 2pts off 8th in the league is pretty respectable.

I'd also add it's not going to be easy when only 4 of your first XI are there to start the next season. A few have gone to Barry if I'm not mistaken.

My original point remains valid.

At half way of the regular season, last years 2 promoted champion teams have played 22 games between them. They have won only 3 of the 22 games. Fact.

They occupy the bottom 2 positions.

For whatever reasons, there is a gulf in class between the top league and the 2 feeder leagues.

I think getting the league to 14 teams might give the 2 promoted teams more chance of staying up.

Thats it.

Cymru Prem drop zone on 23:56 - Oct 24 with 404 viewsBryanSwan

Cymru Prem drop zone on 21:10 - Oct 24 by Kilkennyjack

My original point remains valid.

At half way of the regular season, last years 2 promoted champion teams have played 22 games between them. They have won only 3 of the 22 games. Fact.

They occupy the bottom 2 positions.

For whatever reasons, there is a gulf in class between the top league and the 2 feeder leagues.

I think getting the league to 14 teams might give the 2 promoted teams more chance of staying up.

Thats it.

I'm not going to go back and forth, you've got you opinion and I've got mine on the matter.
It'd just be a waste of both of our time.

Poll: When will Russell Martin no longer be Swansea manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024