Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PARK 18:31 - Dec 1 with 5212 viewsantoknee64

What a joke,thought he was wearing ice-skates today.
Evan bigger joke he gets in ahead of Faurlin.
Hope Arry took notes on him.
Also could`nt beleive how lazy him & Hoilette was even coming on as subs,countless number of times Traore ran past Hoilette down the left,he just casualy strolled into the middle and didnt even back Traore up.
PARK on 18:58 - Dec 1 with 4181 viewsMonahoop

Unfortunately Park is one of Hughes' 'wonder' signings and the club are lumbered with the likes of him. Harry has no choice but to play him now and again, but I'm sure if he [ Park ] and a few other of Sparky's mercenaries don't pull their socks up soon he could be dropped or shipped out somewhere else.

Personally I never rated him. He got lucky on a few occasions for Man Utd and then mainly for their 2nd selection team. Average at best. Wasn't exited about his signing at all. We pulled a real duffer there I'm afraid.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

PARK on 19:10 - Dec 1 with 4143 viewsted_hendrix

Park and Hoilette brought nothing to the table, I'm finding Hoilette a big disappointment tbh.

Losing Mbia and Diakete was the big killer for me today, If those two had played the full 90 mnutes I think we would have gone on and won the game.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

PARK on 19:34 - Dec 1 with 4091 viewsessextaxiboy

Park could be used as a summary of Hughes transfer policy.
Over hyped and overpriced,an ordinary player when in a team not surrounded by classy players.
Bought and disgracefully made captain on the first day of the season for purely commercial reasons with a worthless pre season tour thrown in to milk it even further .
I never slag of players at the ground but by f*ck he tested me today.
PARK on 19:54 - Dec 1 with 4050 viewsNeil_SI

He looked rusty when he came on and in one of those situations where a player can't seem to catch his breath or get his rhythm right. A pity because he looked nice and tidy up at The Stadium of Light when he came on against Sunderland on Tuesday — but he couldn't recreate that here.

The tell tale sign was in his first touch, which was often clumsy and took him a second to get the ball really under control in the way he wanted.

I do think some have been a bit harsh and unfair on him though in terms of their criticism of him overall. He's just not quite got going yet, but I think he has it in him to come good and offer something useful to the team, albeit, not in the role most would remember him by — which was an energetic all action midfielder. He's not that player anymore, but he can adapt and become something else and that's what we need to hope for.
PARK on 19:59 - Dec 1 with 4021 viewsjonno

PARK on 19:54 - Dec 1 by Neil_SI

He looked rusty when he came on and in one of those situations where a player can't seem to catch his breath or get his rhythm right. A pity because he looked nice and tidy up at The Stadium of Light when he came on against Sunderland on Tuesday — but he couldn't recreate that here.

The tell tale sign was in his first touch, which was often clumsy and took him a second to get the ball really under control in the way he wanted.

I do think some have been a bit harsh and unfair on him though in terms of their criticism of him overall. He's just not quite got going yet, but I think he has it in him to come good and offer something useful to the team, albeit, not in the role most would remember him by — which was an energetic all action midfielder. He's not that player anymore, but he can adapt and become something else and that's what we need to hope for.

It won't be as a goalscoring midfielder. That was an abysmal attempt from a position where he should have scored from.
PARK on 20:02 - Dec 1 with 4012 viewsessextaxiboy

PARK on 19:54 - Dec 1 by Neil_SI

So to summarise
He is rusty without fitness or ryhthm . he has a poor first touch and cant control the ball .

He hasnt got going despite it being December and can no longer play the role that he played for his previous club .

But we all need to hope that he can become something else ?? . WTF

I feel much better now thats clear I cant wait for the "New Park" to emerge .
PARK on 20:04 - Dec 1 with 4000 viewsNeil_SI

PARK on 19:59 - Dec 1 by jonno

It won't be as a goalscoring midfielder. That was an abysmal attempt from a position where he should have scored from.

Yes that was pretty poor and you would expect better. That showed a real lack of confidence on his part. I assumed he was just going to take it down and run in on goal for a right-footed instep finish, but there you go, when the chips are down it's easy to snatch at things and that's what has happened.

In the past he has had a decent knack of popping up in the box for crosses along the desk and finding rebounds, so we've got to hope that he can still do that for us.

PARK on 20:04 - Dec 1 with 3997 viewsessextaxiboy

PARK on 19:59 - Dec 1 by jonno

We could have beaten Chelsea , but he thoughtfully headed into Cech hands.

Its not as if it was important to anybody ...was it
Login to get fewer ads

PARK on 20:22 - Dec 1 with 3952 viewsNeil_SI

PARK on 20:02 - Dec 1 by essextaxiboy

So to summarise
He is rusty without fitness or ryhthm . he has a poor first touch and cant control the ball .

He hasnt got going despite it being December and can no longer play the role that he played for his previous club .

But we all need to hope that he can become something else ?? . WTF

I feel much better now thats clear I cant wait for the "New Park" to emerge .

I think that's perfectly fair and reasonable for someone who has been out with a knee injury for some time. For most players they need competitive game time to find their form and peak fitness, so he needs that first before you judge him fairly.

He had a bad ACL injury at Manchester United, which he recovered from, but didn't hit the same type of form or style of performance he was known for there. For a lot of players it will take them around half a season to a season to really get back to their best from that, and he's just not had that time.

The fact that United were willing to sell him tells you something; that they don't believe he is going to be the same kind of player and they've stood by many of their men down the years with similar injuries.

Some players need to adapt their game to the way their body has changed, if for example, it has affected agility or pace and it might have done both for him. A bit like how Alan Shearer used to be an all round explosive centre forward, but adapted his game into a different kind of striker. That's proper skills and understanding of your body and so on. Not all of them can do it, not all of them are good enough or smart enough to. But if it has for him, then he has to change his style.
PARK on 20:26 - Dec 1 with 3933 viewsgobbles

I thought Park did OK, particularly in his tackling and wanting to get the ball. The big blow was when Diakite went off, as he had been excellent
PARK on 20:45 - Dec 1 with 3895 viewsbaz_qpr

PARK on 20:26 - Dec 1 by gobbles

I thought Park did OK, particularly in his tackling and wanting to get the ball. The big blow was when Diakite went off, as he had been excellent

I'm afraid I saw it completely differently. Park hides more than any other player, he does not offer or bust a gut to make a run, its all very within a comfort zone. He made a couple of decent tv tackles, but his work rate was poor and at a time we needed energy and players busting their gut to get the win, to get forward or get back he did neither and as soon as Diakete went off we had no one from midfield who could get forward he either was not capable or is not motivated. As club captain it was an appalling example.
PARK on 20:49 - Dec 1 with 3876 viewsbaz_qpr

PARK on 20:22 - Dec 1 by Neil_SI

I think that's perfectly fair and reasonable for someone who has been out with a knee injury for some time. For most players they need competitive game time to find their form and peak fitness, so he needs that first before you judge him fairly.

He had a bad ACL injury at Manchester United, which he recovered from, but didn't hit the same type of form or style of performance he was known for there. For a lot of players it will take them around half a season to a season to really get back to their best from that, and he's just not had that time.

The fact that United were willing to sell him tells you something; that they don't believe he is going to be the same kind of player and they've stood by many of their men down the years with similar injuries.

Some players need to adapt their game to the way their body has changed, if for example, it has affected agility or pace and it might have done both for him. A bit like how Alan Shearer used to be an all round explosive centre forward, but adapted his game into a different kind of striker. That's proper skills and understanding of your body and so on. Not all of them can do it, not all of them are good enough or smart enough to. But if it has for him, then he has to change his style.

No excuse for not breaking sweat though
PARK on 21:55 - Dec 1 with 3812 viewsNW5Hoop

Not going to criticise either Park or Hoilett for today. As I've said on another thread, they had the thankless task of having to occupy a midfield completely changed in personnel and physical aspect from the starting three — filling in for players who do completely different jobs. Not their fault.
PARK on 21:58 - Dec 1 with 3801 viewsTheBlob

Spelled backwards is KRAP.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

PARK on 23:47 - Dec 1 with 3702 viewsToast_R

PARK on 21:55 - Dec 1 by NW5Hoop

Not going to criticise either Park or Hoilett for today. As I've said on another thread, they had the thankless task of having to occupy a midfield completely changed in personnel and physical aspect from the starting three — filling in for players who do completely different jobs. Not their fault.

Well said. The injuries f@cked us today.

PARK on 23:56 - Dec 1 with 3694 viewsDesertBoot

Park was understandably way off the pace but really should have done a lot better.
Hoilett could have sat down in Ellerslie and no one would have noticed.

Wish I could be like David Watts

PARK on 08:36 - Dec 2 with 3588 viewsThaiHoop

PARK on 23:56 - Dec 1 by DesertBoot

Park was understandably way off the pace but really should have done a lot better.

"understandably".....why?! As far as I'm aware he's not coming back from a serious injury...there is nothing understandable about it. Especially when Faurlin doesn't even make the bench.
PARK on 09:13 - Dec 2 with 3555 viewsJonDoeman

PARK on 21:58 - Dec 1 by TheBlob

Spelled backwards is KRAP.

FRATTON

It Is What It Is !!

PARK on 09:41 - Dec 2 with 3531 viewssmegma

PARK on 23:56 - Dec 1 by DesertBoot

Hoilett didn't have a shower afterwards and his kit won't be washed as it had no sweat on it whatsoever.
PARK on 10:38 - Dec 2 with 3493 viewsessextaxiboy

PARK on 08:36 - Dec 2 by ThaiHoop

"understandably".....why?! As far as I'm aware he's not coming back from a serious injury...there is nothing understandable about it. Especially when Faurlin doesn't even make the bench.

Exactly , Derry played at Man Utd and was bang on the pace from the first minute.

There are no excuses for this bloke or Hughes for signing him . ... Except of course commercial revenue which wont get us any points at Wigan
PARK on 16:54 - Dec 2 with 3393 viewsSomersetHoops

The point for me is that he was better on the day than Granero. Which is more of a worry. I thought Granero was a good player and normally he seemed quite safe and assured, but yesterday he was terrible. Most of his passes went to opponents.

Harry saw what I saw and took him off and replaced him with Park. I would rather have had Faurlin on who might have made enough difference for us to have won, but Park was an improvement on Granero on the day. I wonder what Harry said to Granero at half time? - Perhaps he wasn't fit, but it was a very disappointing performance from someone who should be better than that.

Who's Next?

PARK on 17:06 - Dec 2 with 3370 viewsTacticalR

When he came on he didn't seem to be in control of his own body and ended up slipping and sliding all over the place. He blasted at the keeper with the whole goal to aim at after Taarabt's excellent through pass. Seemed better in the second half in a more defensive role alongside Derry.

God knows what position he was supposed to be playing, because at one point he was out on the left wing in front of Traoré (and got his chance to shoot on goal), and at another he was covering the right-back position.

Air hostess clique

PARK on 17:41 - Dec 2 with 3345 viewsessextaxiboy

PARK on 17:06 - Dec 2 by TacticalR

When he came on he didn't seem to be in control of his own body and ended up slipping and sliding all over the place. He blasted at the keeper with the whole goal to aim at after Taarabt's excellent through pass. Seemed better in the second half in a more defensive role alongside Derry.

God knows what position he was supposed to be playing, because at one point he was out on the left wing in front of Traoré (and got his chance to shoot on goal), and at another he was covering the right-back position.

I would take issue with the term "blasted" ...chipped would be more accurate
PARK on 17:49 - Dec 2 with 3333 viewsJamie

Will never give less than 100%. Sadly that is now about 20% of what he used to be capable of.
PARK on 19:24 - Dec 2 with 3284 viewsbaz_qpr

PARK on 17:49 - Dec 2 by Jamie

Will never give less than 100%. Sadly that is now about 20% of what he used to be capable of.

He was not giving 100% yesterday 50% at best, hardly broke sweat. Taking Fernandez for a mug sadly
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024