Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transport to Southampton 14:00 - Feb 27 with 3526 viewsantoknee64

If anybodys interested im leaving London SW7 area at 11:30 towards Chiswick and A316 past Twickenham,M3 to Southampton.
Im leaving straight after game back to London so not much time for drinking,will take a contribution towards petrol and will pick up on-route.
Mail me if you`re interestd i have 2-3 seats free.
Transport to Southampton on 14:32 - Feb 27 with 3496 viewsellersliehoop

On a related note, can anybody recommend somewhere to park, cant recall where I parked last time but it took ages to find somewhere
Transport to Southampton on 14:54 - Feb 27 with 3471 viewsstowmarketrange

Is there anyone else on the 13.05 train from Waterloo?
I see from the ground guide that it is 30 mins walk away from the station.Anyone know about the possible cab fare or want to share one,send me a pm.Cheers.
Transport to Southampton on 15:28 - Feb 27 with 3436 viewsWokingR

Transport to Southampton on 14:54 - Feb 27 by stowmarketrange

I see from the ground guide that it is 30 mins walk away from the station.Anyone know about the possible cab fare or want to share one,send me a pm.Cheers.

It's a 20min walk max and signposted all the way
Come out of the station on the toys r us side, turn left and keep going. Up the hill you then cut across the parks and then you can see the gas containers and the ground from there
Transport to Southampton on 15:35 - Feb 27 with 3423 viewsQPunkR

Transport to Southampton on 15:28 - Feb 27 by WokingR

Come out of the station on the toys r us side, turn left and keep going. Up the hill you then cut across the parks and then you can see the gas containers and the ground from there

Yep, not a long or complicated walk at all. Even if it will be cold!

QPR - "shit but local"

Transport to Southampton on 15:36 - Feb 27 with 3421 viewsstowmarketrange

Transport to Southampton on 15:28 - Feb 27 by WokingR

Cheers for the info.I just hope the trains aren't delayed,and for a convincing win of course.Come on you R'sssssss.
Transport to Southampton on 15:59 - Feb 27 with 3401 viewsantoknee64

Transport to Southampton on 14:54 - Feb 27 by stowmarketrange

I know theres a regular Shuttle bus running from Station to ground £2 return.

Shuttle buses

A fee of £2.00 per return journey has been introduced for the use of the rail and ferry shuttle buses that bring supporters to St. Mary's on all matchdays.

The fare is payable on the in bound journey only, and tickets must be shown in order to use the bus on the return leg. Anyone who doesn't produce a valid ticket will not get admittance to the buses.

In addition to the scheduled bus services, there are shuttle bus services in operation on match days from the Central Train Station and the Town Quay Ferry Terminal. These services will commence two hours before the match kicks off and will continue to run until kick off. The service will also be in operation after the match to take passengers back to the railway station/ferry terminal. The service is not a numbered bus service and will simply say "Stadium Shuttle" on inbound journeys and "Rail/Ferry Shuttle" on outbound journeys.

Passengers are to be advised that the railway shuttle service leaves from the Commercial Road side of the station outside Blechynden Terrace. The ferry shuttle will leave from the main bus stop at the terminal.

Simply show your match ticket or season ticket booklet in order to use the shuttle bus service for £2 per return journey.

For further details contact the Travel Line on 0871 200 22 33
Transport to Southampton on 16:21 - Feb 27 with 3374 viewsstowmarketrange

Transport to Southampton on 15:59 - Feb 27 by antoknee64

I know theres a regular Shuttle bus running from Station to ground £2 return.

Shuttle buses

A fee of £2.00 per return journey has been introduced for the use of the rail and ferry shuttle buses that bring supporters to St. Mary's on all matchdays.

The fare is payable on the in bound journey only, and tickets must be shown in order to use the bus on the return leg. Anyone who doesn't produce a valid ticket will not get admittance to the buses.

In addition to the scheduled bus services, there are shuttle bus services in operation on match days from the Central Train Station and the Town Quay Ferry Terminal. These services will commence two hours before the match kicks off and will continue to run until kick off. The service will also be in operation after the match to take passengers back to the railway station/ferry terminal. The service is not a numbered bus service and will simply say "Stadium Shuttle" on inbound journeys and "Rail/Ferry Shuttle" on outbound journeys.

Passengers are to be advised that the railway shuttle service leaves from the Commercial Road side of the station outside Blechynden Terrace. The ferry shuttle will leave from the main bus stop at the terminal.

Simply show your match ticket or season ticket booklet in order to use the shuttle bus service for £2 per return journey.

For further details contact the Travel Line on 0871 200 22 33

So does that mean that if we walk back to the station,we won't have to pay?
Transport to Southampton on 16:49 - Feb 27 with 3340 viewsNorthernr

As an additional FYI - if anybody took advantage of the £10 return on the Southern Trains 0932 from Victoria to Southampton, you'll find this train no longer exists. I had a most excellent conversation with Adam in the customer care centre who said that if we try and board a train that does exist with the tickets we booked and paid for three months ago through the Southern website we may have to pay the full walk up fare (£308 for our group of eight) and then apply for a refund after the trip. Had a good laugh about that did Adam and I.
Login to get fewer ads

Transport to Southampton on 16:53 - Feb 27 with 3333 viewswombat

Transport to Southampton on 16:49 - Feb 27 by Northernr

As an additional FYI - if anybody took advantage of the £10 return on the Southern Trains 0932 from Victoria to Southampton, you'll find this train no longer exists. I had a most excellent conversation with Adam in the customer care centre who said that if we try and board a train that does exist with the tickets we booked and paid for three months ago through the Southern website we may have to pay the full walk up fare (£308 for our group of eight) and then apply for a refund after the trip. Had a good laugh about that did Adam and I.

Clive when are you bringing out the book

a 101 great away train trips with the LFW crew ?

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Transport to Southampton on 17:00 - Feb 27 with 3320 viewstoboboly

Transport to Southampton on 16:49 - Feb 27 by Northernr

What did Adam suggest to do instead?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Transport to Southampton on 18:27 - Feb 27 with 3264 viewsted_hendrix

Transport to Southampton on 14:32 - Feb 27 by ellersliehoop

On a related note, can anybody recommend somewhere to park, cant recall where I parked last time but it took ages to find somewhere

When you get into Soton and you come to that bloody big roundabout where you can see the ground way over on the left, turn left and then turn right at the lights and there are a couple of car parks sign posted on you're right, one is multi storey and one is open, the open one is the best where you can jump over the wall turn left and walk to the ground (10 minutes) to the railway bridge.
The last pub you pass if you go this way used to be o.k. for visiting fans but the last time we were there a few of the windows 'went in' after the game so maybe give it a swerve.

Think John Gregory on Saturday afternoon that's what I'm gonna do, It was at St Mary's where we won when he took over and saved us from sinking into the abyss all those Years ago.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Transport to Southampton on 21:24 - Feb 27 with 3199 viewsNorthernr

Transport to Southampton on 17:00 - Feb 27 by toboboly

What did Adam suggest to do instead?

He didn't know. It completely stumped them. He told us to get on the 0915 and see what happens. If the guard makes us pay again (it would cost us £308) then we could write and ask for that to be refunded. I told him we would be getting on the 0915, we would not be paying any extra and we would not expect to hear anything more about it.
Transport to Southampton on 22:49 - Feb 27 with 3148 viewssaintwiz

Bedford Place for parking.
Yates for drinking.
Twitchy Redknapp for abusing.

Life is short, it's the longest thing you'll ever do.

Transport to Southampton on 22:53 - Feb 27 with 3141 viewsTGRRRSSS

Transport to Southampton on 21:24 - Feb 27 by Northernr

He didn't know. It completely stumped them. He told us to get on the 0915 and see what happens. If the guard makes us pay again (it would cost us £308) then we could write and ask for that to be refunded. I told him we would be getting on the 0915, we would not be paying any extra and we would not expect to hear anything more about it.

That really is incredible and could only ever happen in this country frankly.
Transport to Southampton on 22:53 - Feb 27 with 3139 viewsNorthernr

Transport to Southampton on 22:49 - Feb 27 by saintwiz

Bedford Place for parking.
Yates for drinking.
Twitchy Redknapp for abusing.

Yates?

My word.
Transport to Southampton on 23:31 - Feb 27 with 3122 viewssaintwiz

Transport to Southampton on 22:53 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Yates?

My word.

Away fans pub.
Shit hole.

Transport to Southampton on 23:32 - Feb 27 with 3117 viewsNorthernr

Transport to Southampton on 23:31 - Feb 27 by saintwiz

Away fans pub.
Shit hole.

Well you've really sold that one to us
Transport to Southampton on 00:08 - Feb 28 with 3100 viewsKendo_Nagasaki

Transport to Southampton on 23:31 - Feb 27 by saintwiz

Away fans pub.
Shit hole.

be in that pub near the bridge
yates?
thats a gay bar

Psycho killer Qu'est-ce que c'est?

Transport to Southampton on 09:09 - Feb 28 with 3061 viewstoboboly

Transport to Southampton on 21:24 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Good to see they have contingency plans in place.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Transport to Southampton on 15:58 - Feb 28 with 3009 viewsantoknee64

I still have 2 seats free ?.
Transport to Southampton on 17:37 - Feb 28 with 2978 viewssaintwiz

Transport to Southampton on 23:32 - Feb 27 by Northernr

Well you've really sold that one to us

That's why I said for you Twitchy followers to go in there.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Transport to Southampton on 17:40 - Feb 28 with 2967 viewssaintwiz

Transport to Southampton on 00:08 - Feb 28 by Kendo_Nagasaki

be in that pub near the bridge
yates?
thats a gay bar

Near the bridge by SMS?
It's shut
Coz it was shit
Like Yates. Enjoy it.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024