Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Press Conference? 10:14 - Aug 23 with 2842 viewsPinnerPaul

Was it such a non event this week that no one has even bothered to post what was said?!
Press Conference? on 10:16 - Aug 23 with 2826 viewsericgen34

It's on now. They are talking about Bale and spurs...
Press Conference? on 10:17 - Aug 23 with 2819 viewsadhoc_qpr

Maybe if you call it the 'presser' you'll get more attention?

Has it even started yet? AJ's fitness the main point of interest for me, we would make a real difference away from home with his workrate.
Press Conference? on 10:17 - Aug 23 with 2814 viewsKevinPR

QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 2m
HR - You hear stuff about reputations, but he's not done a thing wrong since he's been back. He's been fantastic. Not a minutes problem #QPR
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite More
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 3m
HR - @Joey7Barton has been in great form - outstanding. He's a really good player. He's been top class. I couldn't be more pleased with him
Expand
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 3m
HR - The fans have been great for us. We've had tough, tight games, but they've backed us superbly. They're with us. #QPR
Expand
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 4m
HR - I've been really pleased with the whole group. There's a nice feeling around the place. The dressing room is so important #QPR
Expand
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 4m
HR - Bolton will be strong. Dougie has done a good job there. They'll be up there this season. #QPR
Expand
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 5m
HR - Junior has a bit of a hamstring injury and is struggling which is a shame. AJ has trained and we'll assess him today, but we're hopeful
Expand
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 5m
HR - Steve McClaren has been a big help to me since he's been here, along with Kevin and Joe. They've all been great. #QPR
Expand
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 7m
HR - We've been looking at a lot of options, but we're taking our time to get the right type of players in. #QPR
Expand
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 7m
HR - The dressing room is a good place to be around at the moment. #QPR
Expand
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 9m
HR - We're looking for the right type, but if we don't find them, then we've got some good young kids coming through. #QPR
Expand
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 9m
HR - Everyone is working hard. We've moved a lot of players on, which was always going to be a tough job. We're still looking to strengthen
Expand
QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR 10m
HR - Things are good. We've made a decent start. There's a good atmosphere around the place and we're playing well. #QPR
Press Conference? on 10:21 - Aug 23 with 2784 viewsrsonist

Said AJ's been training this week but they'll see how he looks today.

Even Harry's trying (and failing) to move the discussion away from Spurs now.
Press Conference? on 10:23 - Aug 23 with 2759 viewsadhoc_qpr

HR - You hear stuff about reputations, but he's not done a thing wrong since he's been back. He's been fantastic. Not a minutes problem #QPR

Apart from the fact he came back a week after everyone else without permission?
Press Conference? on 10:24 - Aug 23 with 2748 viewsrsonist

Every week the majority of the questions have been about sodding Bale. Don't the club have a press officer there to get on top of this? Considering they go out of their way to advertise the live stream of it every week it's just rude really.
Press Conference? on 10:25 - Aug 23 with 2733 viewstoboboly

Press Conference? on 10:23 - Aug 23 by adhoc_qpr

Apart from the fact he came back a week after everyone else without permission?

I thought it was a day rather than a week?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Press Conference? on 10:45 - Aug 23 with 2639 viewsNorthernr

Press Conference? on 10:24 - Aug 23 by rsonist

Every week the majority of the questions have been about sodding Bale. Don't the club have a press officer there to get on top of this? Considering they go out of their way to advertise the live stream of it every week it's just rude really.

Sadly these press conferences frequently descend into totally irrelevant gubbins because SSN like to run a nice easy piece where they cut together six or seven managers giving their opinion on what SSN believe is the crucially important 'issue of the day'.
Login to get fewer ads

Press Conference? on 10:49 - Aug 23 with 2613 viewssdm1508

Press Conference? on 10:45 - Aug 23 by Northernr

Sadly these press conferences frequently descend into totally irrelevant gubbins because SSN like to run a nice easy piece where they cut together six or seven managers giving their opinion on what SSN believe is the crucially important 'issue of the day'.

My personal favorite is when good old Gary at Skysports asks about transfers and then whichever manager is doing the press conference say not much to say, no names etc, old Gappy tooth Gary will say something alone the lines of 'I'll mention a few names anyway' You can see the life drain out of the manager there and then. Sky really do ruin these things but there you go
Press Conference? on 10:52 - Aug 23 with 2594 viewsNorthernr

Press Conference? on 10:49 - Aug 23 by sdm1508

My personal favorite is when good old Gary at Skysports asks about transfers and then whichever manager is doing the press conference say not much to say, no names etc, old Gappy tooth Gary will say something alone the lines of 'I'll mention a few names anyway' You can see the life drain out of the manager there and then. Sky really do ruin these things but there you go

I just wonder which fcking gawping drone is sitting out there keen to hear

Gary: Gareth Bale?
Harry: Nice boy, like him a lot, good player.
Gary: Gary O'Neil?
Gary: Pele?
Gary: Michael Meaker?

Who is fcking sitting there watching this fcking dross and enjoying it?
Press Conference? on 10:53 - Aug 23 with 2588 viewsPinnerPaul

Press Conference? on 10:49 - Aug 23 by sdm1508

Spot on 1508, happens all the time and totally pointless.

Has anyone EVER announced a signing or even admitted serious interest in a specific player in one of these?
Press Conference? on 11:01 - Aug 23 with 2559 viewsJonDoeman

Never bothered wirth it this week after the horse Qs last week, I see Taylor is upset on twitter about the criticism, and Ian if you're reading I, know it isn't your fault they ask about horses & Spurs. But how about for the few mins you stream, just allow journos interested in QPR to ask the questions? That shouldn't be impossible.

It Is What It Is !!

Press Conference? on 11:03 - Aug 23 with 2543 viewshoopstilidie

It's a press conference, for the press, it's theirs, we're just being allowed to watch it.

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Press Conference? on 12:10 - Aug 23 with 2376 viewsderbyhoop

Wouldn't it be refreshing, but extremely unlikely, that when Harry gets asked about anything that isn't QPR related, he issues a No Comment.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Press Conference? on 12:17 - Aug 23 with 2349 viewsWatfordR

Press Conference? on 12:10 - Aug 23 by derbyhoop

Wouldn't it be refreshing, but extremely unlikely, that when Harry gets asked about anything that isn't QPR related, he issues a No Comment.

Press Conference? on 12:36 - Aug 23 with 2304 viewsBromleyHoop

Press Conference? on 11:03 - Aug 23 by hoopstilidie

It's a press conference, for the press, it's theirs, we're just being allowed to watch it.

You're absolutely right, some people should wind their necks in if they're moaning about the press conference. It ISN'T for our benefit.

However, we could learn something from other clubs where they have a member of the press team coordinating the press conference. If it goes on too much about Spurs or Horseracing they can step in and alter the course of the interview. HR isn't going to do that because he's very obliging to the press and it's not his style.

Poll: Who is your player of the season

Press Conference? on 12:49 - Aug 23 with 2246 viewsJonDoeman

Press Conference? on 12:36 - Aug 23 by BromleyHoop

You're absolutely right, some people should wind their necks in if they're moaning about the press conference. It ISN'T for our benefit.

However, we could learn something from other clubs where they have a member of the press team coordinating the press conference. If it goes on too much about Spurs or Horseracing they can step in and alter the course of the interview. HR isn't going to do that because he's very obliging to the press and it's not his style.

I moaned last week, & if I'd bothered to watch I'd be moaning this week, neck fully extended

It Is What It Is !!

Press Conference? on 12:55 - Aug 23 with 2224 viewsrsonist

Taylor needs to get his head out of his backside for throwing a tantrum about this. QPR FC take it upon themselves to advertise a press conference with the QPR manager, the content of which ends up having little to do with QPR. Don't act like you're doing us a favour what you're peddling is irrelevant - a waste of time is still a waste of time whether it's free or not. Not difficult to understand is it?
Press Conference? on 13:01 - Aug 23 with 2201 viewsTheBlob

Press Conference? on 12:49 - Aug 23 by JonDoeman

I moaned last week, & if I'd bothered to watch I'd be moaning this week, neck fully extended

Personally I'd be more enetertained at news of Lord Lucan than AJ's calf strain.
Or the progress of Lord Lucan's calf strain.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Press Conference? on 13:08 - Aug 23 with 2180 viewsNorthernr

To be fair, Redknapp and QPR probably quite like getting questions about other teams. Anything he could be asked about Rangers - injuries, transfers etc - they'd probably rather keep close to their chest.
Press Conference? on 13:28 - Aug 23 with 2114 viewsgueRRilla

Quote from the Guardian live blog:

Harry Redknapp on Gareth Bale this morning: "He's a great lad, you couldn't meet a nicer fella. He's a top, top fella. He's not a Billy Bighead and he lives his life the right way. I wish him every success because he deserves it." In other news, Harry's club Queens Park Rangers look set to get Julio Cesar off their pay-roll, with Portuguese side Benfica believed to be leading the charge to secure the Brazilian's scrawl.
Press Conference? on 13:30 - Aug 23 with 2103 viewstoboboly

Press Conference? on 12:55 - Aug 23 by rsonist

Taylor needs to get his head out of his backside for throwing a tantrum about this. QPR FC take it upon themselves to advertise a press conference with the QPR manager, the content of which ends up having little to do with QPR. Don't act like you're doing us a favour what you're peddling is irrelevant - a waste of time is still a waste of time whether it's free or not. Not difficult to understand is it?

Agree. He doesn't half come across as a tw@t most of the time.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024