Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
No Ticket Promotions 08:56 - Aug 7 with 10307 viewstazzydjr

This coming season was told last night there will be no ticket promotional offers for non season ticket holders the excuse were it didn't work over last pre-season with 3 for 2 yet they want to try and attract 4000 home fans each week it's disappointing because this will be Rochdale's highest revenue season it's shocking that they will be expecting things just to fall in their lap

I can understand buying the stadium but no need to force it out of the pockets of the non-season ticket holders in the process £460-£506 is alot of money to shell out over 23 games then there is FA Cup, League Cup & League Trophy on top of this yet they are scared of devaluing a season ticket yet non season ticket holders have to pay way more something has to happen to keep people going if there is truly ambition there would be more effort than last season we was the only club in entire country not to do special offers for non season ticket holders
[Post edited 7 Aug 2015 9:16]

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com
Poll: Who's Rochdale's Best Centre Midfielder?

No Ticket Promotions on 09:01 - Aug 7 with 6103 viewsbig_dave2010

I can understand the frustration.... but if it doesn't work,
They won't do it. It is, to quote the McMahon family..
best for business
No Ticket Promotions on 09:12 - Aug 7 with 5915 viewsisitme

I know this is a really crazy suggestion but by putting away £6 a week it will pay for a season ticket in the TDS. A Sandy Lane one is even less a week.

I can understand your concerns but as was mentioned last night - supporters complain about the sale of players, failure to attract players etc when it comes down to money. As Dunphy said last night would it have been fair to ask supporters to pay more to keep Done. The Port Vale Chairman said he could keep Pope if he imposed on supporters a 'Pope tax'. We cannot have it always.

Again listening to comments from the board last night they don't expect things to fall into their lap and know how difficult it will be to increase home support from a relatively poor and apathetic local community. It was mentioned that significant commercial income would benefit the club more than an extra 1,000 on the gate. David Bottomley mentioned a figure of £250,000, to which I suspect/hope he means stadium naming rights, although I am probably wrong.

Like many pastimes in life they are expensive and not everyone will be able to afford them. Concerts tickets are often over £50. A ticket for the test match is around £80. Holidays can cost £1,000+. There are many things that people would like to do, that they cannot afford.

Sometimes it is down to deciding what is more important and for some people (not you Tazzy before you jump on me) spending money on alcohol, smoking etc takes priority over football, as does basics such as paying bills.

I also find your use of the word 'rape' as offensive, especially considering the plight of a significant minority of young girls in our town.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2015 9:29]
No Ticket Promotions on 09:20 - Aug 7 with 5867 viewstazzydjr

No Ticket Promotions on 09:12 - Aug 7 by isitme

I know this is a really crazy suggestion but by putting away £6 a week it will pay for a season ticket in the TDS. A Sandy Lane one is even less a week.

I can understand your concerns but as was mentioned last night - supporters complain about the sale of players, failure to attract players etc when it comes down to money. As Dunphy said last night would it have been fair to ask supporters to pay more to keep Done. The Port Vale Chairman said he could keep Pope if he imposed on supporters a 'Pope tax'. We cannot have it always.

Again listening to comments from the board last night they don't expect things to fall into their lap and know how difficult it will be to increase home support from a relatively poor and apathetic local community. It was mentioned that significant commercial income would benefit the club more than an extra 1,000 on the gate. David Bottomley mentioned a figure of £250,000, to which I suspect/hope he means stadium naming rights, although I am probably wrong.

Like many pastimes in life they are expensive and not everyone will be able to afford them. Concerts tickets are often over £50. A ticket for the test match is around £80. Holidays can cost £1,000+. There are many things that people would like to do, that they cannot afford.

Sometimes it is down to deciding what is more important and for some people (not you Tazzy before you jump on me) spending money on alcohol, smoking etc takes priority over football, as does basics such as paying bills.

I also find your use of the word 'rape' as offensive, especially considering the plight of a significant minority of young girls in our town.

I thought Rochdale would never become one of these clubs who has priced out it's own supporters in a way success can be a good and bad thing especially when success isn't promoted properly or isn't used to a certain extent

Real Views From A Real Football Fan...http://rochdaleawaydayreview.wordpress.com

No Ticket Promotions on 09:22 - Aug 7 with 5812 viewsmacro

I can understand buying the stadium but no need to rape the pockets of the non-season ticket holders in the process £460-£506 is alot of money to shell out over 23 games then there is FA Cup, League Cup & League Trophy on top of this yet they are scared of devaluing a season ticket yet non season ticket holders have to pay way more something has to happen to keep people going if there is truly ambition there would be more effort than last season we was the only club in entire country not to do special offers for non season ticket holders

Bit strong there - rape the pockets!! -

Rubbish about the only club in the entire country not to do special offers for non season ticket holders -

A little of bit of research - several clubs did no special offers for non season ticket holders - I looked at the ground occupancy stats - Norwich were had the top ground occupancy 97% -so were an obvious choice to look at they have a system where it is virtually impossible for a floating fan to visit - you have to be a member - then to stand a real chance of a ticket for a big game, you need to be a premium member. Without this extra payment you stand no chance of even getting a ticket and you can’t get away tickets either without this extra payment

Very few clubs do special offers - in fact the majority don’t - some for league cup, jpt and kids for a quid but for league matches for adults not many at all. People budget, people choose their games, people save for a season ticket, people do gold bond rounds at Rochdale

A friend of mine is a Carlisle fan - he saves for his season ticket starting in July - he puts £2 per goal in a jar for every goal scored in Carlisle match during the season - by the end of the season he has £200 or so towards his season ticket.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2015 9:23]
No Ticket Promotions on 09:26 - Aug 7 with 5736 viewsDaley_Lama

"This coming season was told last night there will be no ticket promotional offers for non season ticket holders"

Hurrah, I have been wanting this for years.

As a season ticket holder who always has to miss a few games due to working away, it is always a tight call between getting a season ticket or paying for 16/17 games.

Previously I was not able to budget correctly as the club would throw in promotion after promotion which would mean I would have been better off not getting a season ticket, only I could not know this at the time of purchase as the promotions were not visible to me.

Now I can make a reasoned decision going forward and not feel cheated when these promotions come out.

A sensible decision by a modern thinking club.

#teamrochdale

Poll: DF in or out

No Ticket Promotions on 09:28 - Aug 7 with 5725 viewsisitme

No Ticket Promotions on 09:20 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

I thought Rochdale would never become one of these clubs who has priced out it's own supporters in a way success can be a good and bad thing especially when success isn't promoted properly or isn't used to a certain extent

You have been given suggestions plenty of times to make football more affordable.

Have you taken up that spare Goldbond round?
No Ticket Promotions on 09:34 - Aug 7 with 5684 viewsColDale

No Ticket Promotions on 09:20 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

I know its been debated hundreds of times, but our admission prices are more expensive than we would like them to be but as also as cheap as we can afford to make them.

Beyond anything else, the club's first line of thinking will be what will bring in the highest amount of income to allow the club to give Keith Hill a competitive budget. No one is getting rich from these price increases.

If reducing the admission prices would bring in more money, then we'd do it. Because irrespective of any stadium purchase, getting the most competitive team possible on the pitch will always remain the number one priority.

No one likes the price increases (and as always, ignoring the cheapest entry to the ground in a discussion about cost of entry doesn't help the argument), and least of all the club, but if the club announced they would be weakening the first team squad to maintain matchday admission, there'd be uproar.
No Ticket Promotions on 09:51 - Aug 7 with 5619 viewstazzydjr

No Ticket Promotions on 09:34 - Aug 7 by ColDale

I know its been debated hundreds of times, but our admission prices are more expensive than we would like them to be but as also as cheap as we can afford to make them.

Beyond anything else, the club's first line of thinking will be what will bring in the highest amount of income to allow the club to give Keith Hill a competitive budget. No one is getting rich from these price increases.

If reducing the admission prices would bring in more money, then we'd do it. Because irrespective of any stadium purchase, getting the most competitive team possible on the pitch will always remain the number one priority.

No one likes the price increases (and as always, ignoring the cheapest entry to the ground in a discussion about cost of entry doesn't help the argument), and least of all the club, but if the club announced they would be weakening the first team squad to maintain matchday admission, there'd be uproar.

Well the club has no reason whatsoever to moan about the crowds this coming season considering the golden nugget which has been slammed down of League 1 turning very regional
[Post edited 7 Aug 2015 9:52]

Login to get fewer ads

No Ticket Promotions on 09:56 - Aug 7 with 5586 viewsColDale

No Ticket Promotions on 09:51 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

Well the club has no reason whatsoever to moan about the crowds this coming season considering the golden nugget which has been slammed down of League 1 turning very regional
[Post edited 7 Aug 2015 9:52]

The golden nugget will be the away support. The OS has a story about us having one of the highest away figures at Spotland with an average of 808. With Bury, Oldham, Blackpool, Wigan, Sheffield United, Bradford, Barnsley amongst others, it's quite conceivable that figure could rise as high as 1200 this season If it does, that will equate to another £20,000 over the course of the season alone.
No Ticket Promotions on 10:16 - Aug 7 with 5517 viewsYouTubeDale

No Ticket Promotions on 09:12 - Aug 7 by isitme

It's basic economics.

At Balderstone Von Emloh used to drum it into us...

"the allocation of scarce resources between alternate and competing ends".

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

No Ticket Promotions on 10:25 - Aug 7 with 5481 viewsD_Alien

No Ticket Promotions on 09:26 - Aug 7 by Daley_Lama

"This coming season was told last night there will be no ticket promotional offers for non season ticket holders"

Hurrah, I have been wanting this for years.

As a season ticket holder who always has to miss a few games due to working away, it is always a tight call between getting a season ticket or paying for 16/17 games.

Previously I was not able to budget correctly as the club would throw in promotion after promotion which would mean I would have been better off not getting a season ticket, only I could not know this at the time of purchase as the promotions were not visible to me.

Now I can make a reasoned decision going forward and not feel cheated when these promotions come out.

A sensible decision by a modern thinking club.

#teamrochdale

I agree with this, being in pretty much the same boat. Hope that doesn't rock it!

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

No Ticket Promotions on 10:27 - Aug 7 with 5469 viewstazzydjr

No Ticket Promotions on 09:56 - Aug 7 by ColDale

The golden nugget will be the away support. The OS has a story about us having one of the highest away figures at Spotland with an average of 808. With Bury, Oldham, Blackpool, Wigan, Sheffield United, Bradford, Barnsley amongst others, it's quite conceivable that figure could rise as high as 1200 this season If it does, that will equate to another £20,000 over the course of the season alone.

I can understand them wanting much money out of the away supporters as possible but alienating home supporters in the process will lead to long term unfixable damage

No Ticket Promotions on 11:08 - Aug 7 with 5371 viewszxcvbnm

Right I'm going to be blunt here. Give it a rest taz. The club have put their prices up for the first time in a few seasons, we are still one of the cheapest in the division. The club is a business and despite the price rises and northern league we will still have to sell in January.

Be thankful your not supporting Wednesday or Yeovil and many other teams who are far pricier. If you're that fed up about it do a goldbond round so you can get in cheaply. But you'll never do that you expect the club to contact you. Stop harping on about it. Go to the games you can afford, support the club and be proactive

Poll: Best loanee keeper

No Ticket Promotions on 11:18 - Aug 7 with 5334 viewsonedalefan

No Ticket Promotions on 10:27 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

I can understand them wanting much money out of the away supporters as possible but alienating home supporters in the process will lead to long term unfixable damage

Appears the only person the club is alienating is you and as they haven't rung you to offer you a Goldbond round, seems that they won't miss you if you don't turn up.
No Ticket Promotions on 11:32 - Aug 7 with 5313 viewstazzydjr

No Ticket Promotions on 11:08 - Aug 7 by zxcvbnm

Right I'm going to be blunt here. Give it a rest taz. The club have put their prices up for the first time in a few seasons, we are still one of the cheapest in the division. The club is a business and despite the price rises and northern league we will still have to sell in January.

Be thankful your not supporting Wednesday or Yeovil and many other teams who are far pricier. If you're that fed up about it do a goldbond round so you can get in cheaply. But you'll never do that you expect the club to contact you. Stop harping on about it. Go to the games you can afford, support the club and be proactive

I use to sell programmes for the club the only reason I stopped that was because of the tram accident after Stockport County Reserves Away in Manchester Senior Cup in 2011 just days after the Plymouth Argyle win which did some major damage to my right leg if I had put in a claim you all would of moaned so I decided not to I love the club just as much as the person sat next to me

I would do any job for that place and not ask for a penny but maybe that's just my concept

No Ticket Promotions on 11:45 - Aug 7 with 5264 viewsDale27

No Ticket Promotions on 11:32 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

I use to sell programmes for the club the only reason I stopped that was because of the tram accident after Stockport County Reserves Away in Manchester Senior Cup in 2011 just days after the Plymouth Argyle win which did some major damage to my right leg if I had put in a claim you all would of moaned so I decided not to I love the club just as much as the person sat next to me

I would do any job for that place and not ask for a penny but maybe that's just my concept

No you will not, you will not do anything that involves getting off your lazy backside and doing a bit of graft.

Goldbond round? Answer the question
No Ticket Promotions on 11:47 - Aug 7 with 5259 viewsdalestats

No Ticket Promotions on 11:32 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

Two things :-

You were the programme seller who fell asleep on their stall and got into trouble for it

You would do any job - GOLDBOND

Poll: Remain in the eu

No Ticket Promotions on 11:55 - Aug 7 with 5217 viewstazzydjr

No Ticket Promotions on 11:47 - Aug 7 by dalestats

Two things :-

You were the programme seller who fell asleep on their stall and got into trouble for it

You would do any job - GOLDBOND

No I didn't I were well committed to it prior the accident

No Ticket Promotions on 11:59 - Aug 7 with 5193 views1mark1

Tazz has put forward a viewpoint. If you disagree with it fair enough, but why do some have to make it personal? If he wants to critisise the club , he has every right to. If you think he wrong tell him why he is.

On the subject, I have previously like others said that I believe the club need to do more to attract more fans, including ticket offers, but it is up to them if they don't want to, and therefore will accept the numbers that do turn up without being disappointed, I am sure.

Also the fact that some clubs charge a lot more depends on the area they are, and whether they need more turning up or not. As far as income, great, but having more in the ground making more noise, buying pies etc, always helps.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

No Ticket Promotions on 12:25 - Aug 7 with 5088 views_dezzy

Did anybody ask about the PTL/Link4life card and reductions last night ?

KHBA

No Ticket Promotions on 12:35 - Aug 7 with 5039 views1907

Yes. Repeatedly. And it was embarrassing.

You could tell who in the room was there to complain about student discounts, passport to leisure etc.

Tazzy came out with a load of nonsense about how one of his mates has to pay 80 pounds a game to take his family into the ground. Dunphy's response was "who is it? The Vontraps?

Garlic also put Tazzy in his place about ticket prices. Tazzy then stood at the bar playing on his phone ignoring everything else that was said.

The ticket prices are a reflection on modern life. If you can't afford to sit in the main stand for instance then you will have to sit somewhere else. I can't afford to drive a BMW so I don't. It's just common sense and for the few constant complainers it must be so frustrating for directors that are working their arses off 24/7 to get things right for everyone.
No Ticket Promotions on 12:37 - Aug 7 with 5025 views1907

Oh and to the guy winging about swearing in the Sandy Lane and demanding a police presence to deal with it... Get a grip mate. You're at the football not the ballet.
No Ticket Promotions on 12:41 - Aug 7 with 4994 viewstazzydjr

No Ticket Promotions on 12:35 - Aug 7 by 1907

Yes. Repeatedly. And it was embarrassing.

You could tell who in the room was there to complain about student discounts, passport to leisure etc.

Tazzy came out with a load of nonsense about how one of his mates has to pay 80 pounds a game to take his family into the ground. Dunphy's response was "who is it? The Vontraps?

Garlic also put Tazzy in his place about ticket prices. Tazzy then stood at the bar playing on his phone ignoring everything else that was said.

The ticket prices are a reflection on modern life. If you can't afford to sit in the main stand for instance then you will have to sit somewhere else. I can't afford to drive a BMW so I don't. It's just common sense and for the few constant complainers it must be so frustrating for directors that are working their arses off 24/7 to get things right for everyone.

I were tweeting from the fan forum on my phone the Oldham fans are pleased about their allocation extension, i listened to everything what had been said it was also mentioned them aiming to get 4k home fans through the turnstiles i don't see that happening anytime soon no matter how good you are at marketing without promotions & incentives makes it that bit more difficult

No Ticket Promotions on 12:42 - Aug 7 with 4990 viewsdalestats

No Ticket Promotions on 11:55 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

No I didn't I were well committed to it prior the accident

Oh I think you did Taz

Poll: Remain in the eu

No Ticket Promotions on 12:45 - Aug 7 with 4961 views1mark1

No Ticket Promotions on 12:41 - Aug 7 by tazzydjr

I were tweeting from the fan forum on my phone the Oldham fans are pleased about their allocation extension, i listened to everything what had been said it was also mentioned them aiming to get 4k home fans through the turnstiles i don't see that happening anytime soon no matter how good you are at marketing without promotions & incentives makes it that bit more difficult

What's this about allocation extension for Oldham fans?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024