Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Back home 19:21 - Apr 9 with 3208 viewsleicesterdale

Two things to say about today's game, first I've been to all season.

I've read on this site about Donal, but you've actually got to see him play to see the magician he is. Worth the trip alone to see his trickery, I still can't work out what he did at times and he was only just in front of me at times on the touchline.

Also, Bunney is an entirely different player to the one I remember. It wasn't just the goal he scored, but his overall contribution was superb. He should have scored a second just before half time, but rather selflessly passed it out wide when it probably would have been easier to shoot at goal. Hugely improved player, a real asset.

A very pleasing performance of course, Up the Dale!

Oh, and the Foxes still, unbelievably, look like they might win the title. I've yet to meet anyone in Leicester who actually believes they will!
Back home on 19:50 - Apr 9 with 3069 viewsD_Alien

I remember the thread you started about 3 months ago, asking if anyone on here believed Leicester could do it. Not many did, although I didn't see why they wouldn't.

It's probably not so much that Leicester fans don't believe they'll do it, rather they're just being sensible and not admitting to that belief. How about you, LD?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Back home on 19:50 - Apr 9 with 3059 viewsTalkingSutty

You've always got to look for silver linings and we said after Hendos red card at Wigan that it could prove to be a blessing in disguise. Others now have a chance to impress and today NML and Bunney showed they are capable. Both have improved as the seasons progressed, would like to see more of them next season.

Get Donal signed up, sort is fitness out and probably his head a bit and he's playing below his level,he's got all the tools required when it comes to footballing ability.
Back home on 20:04 - Apr 9 with 2979 viewsnordenblue

Back home on 19:50 - Apr 9 by TalkingSutty

You've always got to look for silver linings and we said after Hendos red card at Wigan that it could prove to be a blessing in disguise. Others now have a chance to impress and today NML and Bunney showed they are capable. Both have improved as the seasons progressed, would like to see more of them next season.

Get Donal signed up, sort is fitness out and probably his head a bit and he's playing below his level,he's got all the tools required when it comes to footballing ability.

I think Donal will always be a 70 min type of guy,by all accounts he over trains,doesn't rest and burns himself out all the time.
No doubting the lads ability though he's been worth the entrance fee alone the last few times I've seen him,absolutely different class.
Back home on 20:04 - Apr 9 with 2977 viewsleicesterdale

Back home on 19:50 - Apr 9 by D_Alien

I remember the thread you started about 3 months ago, asking if anyone on here believed Leicester could do it. Not many did, although I didn't see why they wouldn't.

It's probably not so much that Leicester fans don't believe they'll do it, rather they're just being sensible and not admitting to that belief. How about you, LD?

Everyone's waiting for City to trip up, but they've got a wise calm head in Ranieri, so hopefully he guide them over the line.
The gap for the Dale to overcome is similar to the gap for the Foxes to loose. So I'm hoping for Dale in the PlayOffs, and City to clinch the title.

Bookies anyone?
Back home on 20:05 - Apr 9 with 2968 viewsjonesy

Agree about Donal and Bunney. Both excellent. As were Lillis andJamie Allen. Bit disappointed with Holt . Was looking forward to seeing him as a he used to be. Usually like Rose but he had a bad day. Pity I missed Canavan as he sounds a good player. Didn't like the Peterborough manager. A moaning git. On the bus on the way home!
Back home on 20:09 - Apr 9 with 2934 viewsleicesterdale

Back home on 20:05 - Apr 9 by jonesy

Agree about Donal and Bunney. Both excellent. As were Lillis andJamie Allen. Bit disappointed with Holt . Was looking forward to seeing him as a he used to be. Usually like Rose but he had a bad day. Pity I missed Canavan as he sounds a good player. Didn't like the Peterborough manager. A moaning git. On the bus on the way home!

Holty wasn't great today, still a legend though.
Back home on 20:13 - Apr 9 with 2906 viewsTalkingSutty

Back home on 20:04 - Apr 9 by nordenblue

I think Donal will always be a 70 min type of guy,by all accounts he over trains,doesn't rest and burns himself out all the time.
No doubting the lads ability though he's been worth the entrance fee alone the last few times I've seen him,absolutely different class.

Agree,its a real shame because to make it at the higher level thats not good enough. Anyway, we benefit.

Its the reason why these type of players cant compete regularly at the higher level,they have the skill but there's another side of their game that they cant get right.Invariably its either a lack of fitness/ attitude/ discipline. Nearly every Club in league one have one or two flawed diamonds.
Back home on 20:28 - Apr 9 with 2806 viewsantmarina

Only my second game of the season today and we looked very comfortable in the first half and played football as apposed to Peterborough and their extinct midfield.

I was with a couple of neutral fans (in the home end) and they were really impressed with how we passed the ball, combined in possession and actually played as a team.

I thought Allen and Bunney were fantastic and McNulty impressed at left back. Even Lancashire played well, although he did scare me a bit as he does like to let the ball bounce. Just needed a third goal to finish off the game nice and early.
Login to get fewer ads

Back home on 21:00 - Apr 9 with 2689 viewsLuke8686

Really enjoyed the game today, very open and entertaining with both sides playing for the win. McDermott my MOM, never stopped running yet again and created numerous chances for his teammates. Thoroughly deserved to be ahead at the break, should have been out of sight with Rose missing a sitter, Lillis had nothing to do apart from pick the ball out of his net.

Boro came out the second half and had plenty of possession and I could have seen them nicking a goal as we sat very deep at times, and Lillis had to make a couple of important saves. Horrendous dive from their player near the end and Westley was a petulant little t*at for the whole game. Fans excellent again as they have been at every away match I've been to this season. Sadly think the PO's are out of reach now but it's good to see our players still give a toss. Excellent win.
Back home on 00:04 - Apr 10 with 2298 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Back home on 20:04 - Apr 9 by nordenblue

I've said it many a time, that Donal is a proper crowd pleaser and the sort of player that will help attract fans back to San Spotty......always capable of the sublime ( and occasionally the ridiculous!).......but also a decent team player........as Hilly said when we signed him the Club and the Player had nothing to loose and Donal has fulfilled.......agree,get him signed up and a fully fit for next season and he will be an asset.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024