Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
France v Portugal 09:42 - Jul 11 with 1509 viewsmingthemerciless

Not the greatest final I've ever seen. How many finals are these days though ? I thought Portugal's chance had gone when Ronaldo got crocked but they coped well with his loss. Their goalkeeper and back four played really well. The two young full backs impressed me both on attack and defence.

They didn't have a lot going forward but the kept plugging away and got their reward in the end. At least the goal was a worthy end to the game. Eder made a big difference when he came on, the ball started sticking up front.

France I thought will be very disappointed this morning, they never really played to the best of their ability. Their talisman striker missed a really golden headed chance. If that would have gone in I think they would have gone on to win it. That's football though, if you don't take your chances you end up paying the price.
France v Portugal on 10:10 - Jul 11 with 1471 viewsKenBoon

Very poor tournament. Not helped by only 8 teams being eliminated after the group stages and a distinct lack of top class talent across the continent.
France v Portugal on 12:18 - Jul 11 with 1398 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Thank goodness it's all over..........like England,the tournament was crap.

Fed up of commentators saying "That's really good possession in the defence".....so so slow.
France v Portugal on 14:47 - Jul 11 with 1304 views1mark1

Absolute borefast of a final, typical of a borefast of a tournament in my opinion.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

France v Portugal on 15:19 - Jul 11 with 1282 viewsColDale

France v Portugal on 10:10 - Jul 11 by KenBoon

Very poor tournament. Not helped by only 8 teams being eliminated after the group stages and a distinct lack of top class talent across the continent.

Agreed. Unlike many, I liked the influx of the extra teams and will offer a different tournament to the World Cup. But the group stages were set up in such a way that avoiding defeat became the main priority. Hence the eventual winners going through having drawn all three group games.
France v Portugal on 15:21 - Jul 11 with 1277 viewsYorkshire_Dale

The BBC commentator described Griezmann as "having a stinker",,,,,,,,they needed more Um-titty Bum!
France v Portugal on 15:56 - Jul 11 with 1259 viewsdingdangblue

Its funny how things just fell right for them during the tournament, Icelands late group goal meant they went into the supposedly easier half of the draw - but were still due to face Spain in the 2nd round till Ramos penalty miss and Croatia's late winner changed that. They won 1 game in 'normal' time (v Wales). I'm sure before the tournament if you said your path to the final would be Iceland,Austria,Hungary,Croatia,Poland,Wales you'd take that! They are incredibly hard to beat it seems and their Keeper, Pepe and Ronaldo have had superb tournament's. You'd never have picked them to win it beforehand though.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024