Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool match thread 18:49 - Nov 9 with 11732 viewsleedsdale

Lillis
Rafferty
McGahey
McNulty
Tanser
Rathbone
Morley
Cannon
Thompson
McDermott
RNL

Calvin not on subs bench
Hartlepool match thread on 09:32 - Nov 10 with 1952 viewsaleanddale

Hartlepool match thread on 09:18 - Nov 10 by 1949er

Only if they open the Sandy

Can't see it!!

Let's pack out the main stand!!!!
Hartlepool match thread on 10:43 - Nov 10 with 1788 viewsrobbowood

Hartlepool match thread on 23:51 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

Final group winners and runners up. Winners at home next round:

Northern:
Winners-
Cheltenham,Wolves,Bradford,Carlisle,Donny,Dale,Scunny,Walsall.

Runners up-Blackpool,Chfld,Morecambe,Oldham,Mansfield,Sunderland,Cambridge,Leicester.

Southern:
Winners-
Yeovil,Wimbledon,Swindon,Coventry,Southampton,Norwich,Southend,Millwall.

Runners up-
Reading,Swansea,Oxford,Wycombe,Crawley,MkDons,Brighton,Luton.

Should be some 'massive' crowds for the next lot of games if this last Tuesday was anything to go by. If we get over 1000 we'll have done well

"Tuesday proved to be another calamitous evening in the Checkatrade EFL Trophy, with record low attendances and general undermining of the competition proving rife once again.

According to BBC Sport, Northampton drew their lowest ever gate to Sixfields, with just 762 fans turning out for their game against West Ham’s development team.

Stoke managed to pull in an audience of 689 for their game against Bury despite including the likes of Bojan Krkic, Peter Crouch and record signing Giannelli Imbula in their starting XI.

A hardy travelling horde of 65 Bristol Rovers fans made the midweek trip to Portsmouth, who registered their lowest ever post-war attendance (1,200) at Fratton Park.

By way of contrast, some 17,808 fans watched the two sides play in League Two last February.

It was a similar story up at Middlesbrough, who had 308 fans turn out to watch the development side lose 3-0 at home to Shrewsbury, while just 393 fans watched Barnet’s match against Peterbrough.

As for the rule-bending, both Bristol Rovers and Wimbledon substituted their goalkeepers within seconds of kick-off, thus mimicking the rule-circumventing tactics employed by Bradford in the previous round of games.

Elsewhere, Newport County were stuck without a referee (due to injury) and had to pull a volunteer out of the crowd at Rodney Parade

In short, the whole thing is one ginormous, poorly-attended mess… again.

Who could have possibly seen that coming?"
Hartlepool match thread on 11:14 - Nov 10 with 1734 viewsdingdangblue

Hartlepool match thread on 10:43 - Nov 10 by robbowood

Should be some 'massive' crowds for the next lot of games if this last Tuesday was anything to go by. If we get over 1000 we'll have done well

"Tuesday proved to be another calamitous evening in the Checkatrade EFL Trophy, with record low attendances and general undermining of the competition proving rife once again.

According to BBC Sport, Northampton drew their lowest ever gate to Sixfields, with just 762 fans turning out for their game against West Ham’s development team.

Stoke managed to pull in an audience of 689 for their game against Bury despite including the likes of Bojan Krkic, Peter Crouch and record signing Giannelli Imbula in their starting XI.

A hardy travelling horde of 65 Bristol Rovers fans made the midweek trip to Portsmouth, who registered their lowest ever post-war attendance (1,200) at Fratton Park.

By way of contrast, some 17,808 fans watched the two sides play in League Two last February.

It was a similar story up at Middlesbrough, who had 308 fans turn out to watch the development side lose 3-0 at home to Shrewsbury, while just 393 fans watched Barnet’s match against Peterbrough.

As for the rule-bending, both Bristol Rovers and Wimbledon substituted their goalkeepers within seconds of kick-off, thus mimicking the rule-circumventing tactics employed by Bradford in the previous round of games.

Elsewhere, Newport County were stuck without a referee (due to injury) and had to pull a volunteer out of the crowd at Rodney Parade

In short, the whole thing is one ginormous, poorly-attended mess… again.

Who could have possibly seen that coming?"

We got over 1000 for our 2 home games. Stick to £5 and we will again. More added interest with Morley and Gillam playing.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Hartlepool match thread on 21:03 - Nov 10 with 1461 viewsDickydaler

Hartlepool match thread on 23:38 - Nov 9 by dingdangblue

Just turned 19. Went to Tenerife pre season. Scored hat trick last week in Youth cup and again the winner last Sat v bury. A real positive from Calvin's ban if he can get a chance and take it - certainly sounded to be involved in a lot tonight.

I'm pretty sure it was Jack Stewart who scored the goal against Bury. Gillam didnt play.
He certainly didn't hide in the Hartlepool game and was involved quite a lot.
I'm not sure whether Gillam nor Morley should be involved in the hard world of league football just yet, unless in an emergency.
The Checkertrade Trophy is a good introduction to 'men's' football for them.
Can't help but be more and more impressed by Morley.
Hilly will know when the right time to play them in league football is.
Hartlepool match thread on 21:06 - Nov 10 with 1450 viewsisitme

Morley has already played in a league game against Southend. I'd rather him start with Camps and Cannon on Saturday than RNL.
[Post edited 10 Nov 2016 21:29]
Hartlepool match thread on 21:30 - Nov 10 with 1394 viewsSuddenLad

Hartlepool match thread on 21:03 - Nov 10 by Dickydaler

I'm pretty sure it was Jack Stewart who scored the goal against Bury. Gillam didnt play.
I'm not sure whether Gillam nor Morley should be involved in the hard world of league football just yet, unless in an emergency.

Jack Stewart did indeed get the goal v Bury.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Hartlepool match thread on 21:56 - Nov 10 with 1363 viewsdingdangblue

Hartlepool match thread on 21:03 - Nov 10 by Dickydaler

Ah yes. Gillam was on the bench at Maidstone - my mistake.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Hartlepool match thread on 23:32 - Nov 10 with 1253 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool match thread on 08:03 - Nov 10 by dingdangblue

Got his d.o.b as 04/10/97

Got it confirmed by the club today as 4/10/98.

That must make him one of our youngest-ever first team scorers at 18 years 36 days.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Hartlepool match thread on 07:46 - Nov 11 with 1161 viewspioneer

Hartlepool match thread on 23:32 - Nov 10 by TVOS1907

That must make him one of our youngest-ever first team scorers at 18 years 36 days.

notgot access to my files today but from memory i think the record was once heldby frank lord in the 1950s. but not sure whether it was 18 or 17.
Hartlepool match thread on 08:26 - Nov 11 with 1130 viewsdingdangblue

Hartlepool match thread on 23:32 - Nov 10 by TVOS1907

Jamie Taylor 17
Kev Townson 18
Jamie Allen 18

Hartlepool match thread on 08:45 - Nov 11 with 1107 viewsTVOS1907

Hartlepool match thread on 08:26 - Nov 11 by dingdangblue

Jamie Taylor 17
Kev Townson 18
Jamie Allen 18

Yep, so he's in there somewhere. Will look it up tonight.

Hartlepool match thread on 09:10 - Nov 11 with 1076 viewsYadHoDale

Hartlepool match thread on 08:45 - Nov 11 by TVOS1907

From memory, we had a few very young players in the late 1970s, one or more of whom may have scored. Ted Oliver, maybe, and the name Mike Milne sticks in my head for some reason. And Mark Hilditch can't have been very old when he first got into the team. Also, did Steve Milligan score a few years later, in his brief end of season run in the team?
Hartlepool match thread on 09:24 - Nov 11 with 1045 viewsdingdangblue

Hartlepool match thread on 08:45 - Nov 11 by TVOS1907

Kallum Higginbotham was 18 when he scored his 1st Dale goal at Accrington in Dec07 also.

Hartlepool match thread on 09:31 - Nov 11 with 1031 viewsdeeplishblue

I am very impressed by the way that this years crop of youngsters has slotted into the squad. Morley, Rathbone and now Gillam all impressing.

Also I like the way that Hill has reacted to the raft of injuries, rather than bleating about it or making a video - we a appear to be just getting on with it and picking up the points where we can.

That said - I think that the squad is looking extremely thin and I wonder if the manager has anything up his sleeve regarding a picking up a player who is currently unattached to boost the numbers?

In the past Hill has blooded the youngsters to give them a taste of first team football and then rested them for a few weeks to prevent burn out. Due to the lack of numbers and the sick list I don't think that he will have the option to do this until the return of Hendo PV and Jamie.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Hartlepool match thread on 09:46 - Nov 11 with 1005 viewsdingdangblue

Hartlepool match thread on 09:10 - Nov 11 by YadHoDale

From memory, we had a few very young players in the late 1970s, one or more of whom may have scored. Ted Oliver, maybe, and the name Mike Milne sticks in my head for some reason. And Mark Hilditch can't have been very old when he first got into the team. Also, did Steve Milligan score a few years later, in his brief end of season run in the team?

Aye Milligan was 16 or 17 () when he scored at Lincoln in 1990. Did he have an accident on holiday that following summer and never played for us again?
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 21:45]

Hartlepool match thread on 20:50 - Nov 11 with 889 viewsTVOS1907

Our 10 youngest goalscorers are:

Steve Milligan (v Lincoln, 21/4/90), age 16 years 309 days
Jamie Taylor (v Northampton, 1/1/94), age 16 years 355 days
Gary Hulmes (v Swansea, 18/10/74), 17 years 232 days
Mark Hilditch (v Reading, 24/4/78), 17 years 247 days
Frank Lord (v Chester, 28/12/53), 17 years 290 days
Mark Hunt (v Exeter, 19/9/87), 17 years 349 days
Jason Smart (v Aldershot, 24/2/87), 18 years 9 days
Patrick McCourt (v Oxford, 19/1/02), 18 years 34 days
Matty Gillam (v Hartlepool, 9/11/16) 18 years 36 days
Joe Murty (v Hartlepool, 20/12/75), 18 years 44 days

Ted Oliver is next on the list, at five days older than Murty.
[Post edited 11 Nov 2016 22:55]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024