Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire 09:53 - Mar 8 with 8787 viewsMrSheen

We have TVs on in our office with the sound off and subtitles on, for some reason. Out of the corner of my eye, I can see her interviewing a kid in a QPR training top about his suicide attempts, and how being a youth team player has helped him. Can anyone shed any light?
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 10:07 - Mar 8 with 6482 viewsdaveB

He spoke to Parliment last night, speaks about how he tried to kill himself after his Dad killed himself but QPR basically saved his life, he works for the Community trust now, have seen him at games in the kids zone, he's a really nice bloke.

Well worth a watch, incredible story. You can view it on iplayer
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 10:08 - Mar 8 with 6470 viewsdaveB

link is here, go back to about 09:50

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcnews
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 10:15 - Mar 8 with 6428 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 10:08 - Mar 8 by daveB

link is here, go back to about 09:50

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/live/bbcnews

Well done James and rangers.

Are we becoming a likeable club?
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 10:30 - Mar 8 with 6363 viewsDejR_vu

Wow, speechless, poor lad.

Fantastic that he's found something to help him through. Incredible work by the club.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 10:31 - Mar 8 with 6353 viewsdaveB

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 10:42 - Mar 8 with 6314 viewsterryb

Thanks for posting that Dave.

Once again, I feel proud of our In The Community program & full respect to James for his honesty. An incredibly brave man who is now able to face the future with a little more confidence.

I was unaware that there is a Mental Health FA & that we had a team playing in it. Well done James & Queens Park Rangers!
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 10:48 - Mar 8 with 6287 viewsNorthernr

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 10:31 - Mar 8 by daveB

Christ I'm in fcking bits here over a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes. Bloody love the Community trust, Andy Evans and his team are incredible. Shall be ticking the box and donating some cash when I buy our Bristol City tickets online.
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 11:22 - Mar 8 with 6191 viewsrichranger

Amazing bravery from James. So proud of him - and QPR.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 11:38 - Mar 8 with 6133 viewsBrightonhoop

Well done all involved and especially well done James.
[Post edited 8 Mar 2017 11:59]
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 11:42 - Mar 8 with 6104 viewsMick_S

Magnificent James and well done our club.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:08 - Mar 8 with 5977 viewsDorse

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 10:31 - Mar 8 by daveB

I'm in fcuking pieces here. God love him.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:13 - Mar 8 with 5954 viewsRanger78

Well done young man. Good for you.

Well done QPR Community Trust.

Excellent stuff
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:23 - Mar 8 with 5917 viewsdanehoop

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 11:42 - Mar 8 by Mick_S

Magnificent James and well done our club.

wow. Just wow. Had me choked up.

Never knowingly understood

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:25 - Mar 8 with 5904 viewsBklynRanger

Superb speech James. Done yourself and QPR proud.
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:36 - Mar 8 with 5865 viewsDorse

How can we donate to the Trust? Can someone put up a link? This needs supporting.

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:41 - Mar 8 with 5826 viewsA40Bosh

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:13 - Mar 8 by Ranger78

Well done young man. Good for you.

Well done QPR Community Trust.

Excellent stuff

And importantly well done his mum!!

She went out and bought James a pair of boots within the hour!
Having had my daughter severely ill with depression and anxiety I know that we would have done the same because you will do absolutely anything you can think of to try and do something to try and make your child "better".

So a combination of James' strength to recover, the mental health team he was working with, QPR In the Community and the love of his family got him to a much better place.

What we need the government to wake up to and realize is - not every family is ABLE to give that support for whatever reason, not every James has a parent or parents who are willing to fight on their behalf, because with the NHS, for good or for bad, everything you need is firstly hard fought for and then hard fought to retain.

For all the other James and Janes out there the government has to get serious about providing proper funding and facilities and within easy reach and access for the millions of children - and of course adults- who are finding modern life a real struggle for whatever reason.

Teresa May standing at the ballot box, giving an Oscar winning speech, is not going to make one shred of difference to the horrific state of mental health support in this country. Action is needed - money is needed.

IF THEY CAN FIND BILLIONS OF POUNDS AT SHORT NOTICE TO PAY FOR THE BREXIT PROGRAMME, THEN WHY CAN THEY NOT FIND THE SAME MONEY FOR MUCH MORE IMPORTANT REASONS CLOSER TO HOME.

Help fix the kids at an early age and you will save more money further down the line when they are not in dire need of NHS services, or God forbid, locked up in prisons, because they did not get support at an early age that would have helped them to recover.

Well done to all - a positive story, but the reality is that James, for as horrific an experience he has clearly gone through, please God, long terms he will be counted as one of the lucky ones who has regained his life and has a future. The best of luck to him. A VERY brave young man to be able to go both in to Parliament and then on to National TV.

VERY Proud of you son!!!
[Post edited 8 Mar 2017 12:48]

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:48 - Mar 8 with 5779 viewsDorse

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/donation-web/charity?charityId=1002744&stop_mob

Here it is.

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:53 - Mar 8 with 5764 viewsLongsufferingR

Wow. The courage he's shown is beyond words. I can only wish him the best on what is unfortunately a never-ending road, but one that can certainly be vastly improved with the right support.
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 13:05 - Mar 8 with 5703 viewsdanehoop

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:48 - Mar 8 by Dorse

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/donation-web/charity?charityId=1002744&stop_mob

Here it is.

Thanks for finding that Dorse. Donation made.

Never knowingly understood

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 13:48 - Mar 8 with 5567 viewsBklynRanger

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 13:05 - Mar 8 by danehoop

Thanks for finding that Dorse. Donation made.

Not trying to dictate people's finances, I know things are tight believe me (copyright D Trump).

BUT - every one of us who buys or renews a season ticket should choose the £10 community trust option. It's barely noticeable as a % of the ST price.
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 14:02 - Mar 8 with 5511 viewsHayesender

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39207656

Oh my, heartbreaking but also really warming that our club does some fantastic things behind the scenes.

Massive well done to Andy Evans and everyone else connected to our community trust

Poll: Shamima Beghum

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 14:03 - Mar 8 with 5503 viewsNorthernr

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 12:36 - Mar 8 by Dorse

How can we donate to the Trust? Can someone put up a link? This needs supporting.

When you buy match tickets online there's also an option to donate to the trust. it usually irritates a bit because at comes at the same point as the £3.50 booking fee but I tick it every now and again and sling them a tenner. Should do that more.

I'm going to pin this thread for a couple of days to draw a bit of attention to the donation link - Dorse's idea...

This post has been edited by an administrator
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 14:07 - Mar 8 with 5482 viewsR_from_afar

His story puts my so called problems into perspective. Poor lad, but so brave to talk about such utterly awful experiences. I am so pleased he is managing to deal with his demons.

Well done to him for talking about how such problems can be dealt with and well done to QPR for doing something genuinely socially useful. It makes me proud (and tearful). You Rssss.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 14:08 - Mar 8 with 5476 viewsBlue_Castello

QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 13:48 - Mar 8 by BklynRanger

Not trying to dictate people's finances, I know things are tight believe me (copyright D Trump).

BUT - every one of us who buys or renews a season ticket should choose the £10 community trust option. It's barely noticeable as a % of the ST price.

Good idea Brooks will definitely be renewing and as you say it's a good time to donate.

Was also thinking I hope those bloody tossers the NIMBYs of Warren Farm have either read or watched. As far as I understand if Warren Farm gets the go ahead then the Community Trust will partly be based there providing plenty of NEW community facilities.
I totally understand the need to preserve open spaces but we're not building a housing estate or some new Commercial park and as far as I am aware a % of the land is still available for dog walking and kite flying.

Fingers crossed the people that matter who make the decisions on Warren Farm can see what QPR can actually bring to a community.
QPR kid on Victoria Derbyshire on 14:38 - Mar 8 with 5393 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Phenomenal strength by James and his Mum, and phenomenal work by Rangers

The week before last, our Gaelic Football club, Urhan, lost Shane to suicide. Shane was sixteen. Sixteen. He was popular, intelligent, good-looking and good at football. Yet in the morning he put his kid sister on her school bus and instead of heading to his half-term job he took a rope and walked down the woods.

As a club, we have tried to tackle suicide, we have adopted as our sister charity a great organisation that helped us raise suicide awareness and train for suicide prevention. And yet we didn't keep Shane alive.

Right now, as a club and as individuals who help run the club, we are lost, shaken, doubting ourselves, angry, drained, guilty and confused. It would be lying to say that we were otherwise. This is how it is, and how it has to be. For now at least, until we start to heal. But we can't lose faith in what we are trying to achieve in suicide awareness and prevention.

Shane didn't make it, but James did.

I will be forwarding this to clubmates in Urhan to remind them that we are working in the right direction. We just have to work harder.

Well done, Rangers. Well done.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024