Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Raff Non-selection Mystery 17:42 - Oct 15 with 2776 viewsfinberty

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but is it possible that the non-selection of Joe Rafferty is down to the loan conditions accompanying Daniels' loan move from Wigan?

I've heard of premier clubs setting selection conditions for allowing players out on loan - that stopper from Man Utd who came and displaced an in-form Lillis, was the worst example affecting us.

If so, it seems a bit big-time. Wigan aren't premier league any more.
[Post edited 15 Oct 2017 17:44]
Raff Non-selection Mystery on 17:51 - Oct 15 with 2750 viewsmacro

I wonder whether Daniels was selected because he is more defensive and to help shore up a leaking defence and the affect of that has been a lack of attacking threat along the right hand side.
Raff Non-selection Mystery on 17:55 - Oct 15 with 2741 viewsD_Alien

It's possible, even though (as mentioned in yesterday's Raff thread) Hilly has said he wouldn't be tied to loan conditions like he was with Perreira

Daniels was on the bench while Raff started a few games ago, but that's what happened with Perreira too. As you say, Wigan aren't Man U, but who knows what sort of deals are done behind the scenes? Or maybe none, and Hilly just thinks (or thought) Daniels was a better option

If Daniels starts on Tuesday, however, that would only strengthen the suspicions

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Raff Non-selection Mystery on 23:07 - Oct 15 with 2481 viewsDaleiLama

Raff Non-selection Mystery on 17:51 - Oct 15 by macro

I wonder whether Daniels was selected because he is more defensive and to help shore up a leaking defence and the affect of that has been a lack of attacking threat along the right hand side.

Just me, but I lean towards attack being the best form of defence.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Raff Non-selection Mystery on 02:10 - Oct 16 with 2400 viewsdownunder

Raff Non-selection Mystery on 23:07 - Oct 15 by DaleiLama

Just me, but I lean towards attack being the best form of defence.

I hope Kim Jong Un has a different view
Raff Non-selection Mystery on 08:35 - Oct 16 with 2279 viewsdingdangblue

Raff Non-selection Mystery on 17:55 - Oct 15 by D_Alien

It's possible, even though (as mentioned in yesterday's Raff thread) Hilly has said he wouldn't be tied to loan conditions like he was with Perreira

Daniels was on the bench while Raff started a few games ago, but that's what happened with Perreira too. As you say, Wigan aren't Man U, but who knows what sort of deals are done behind the scenes? Or maybe none, and Hilly just thinks (or thought) Daniels was a better option

If Daniels starts on Tuesday, however, that would only strengthen the suspicions

It does seem one of Hilly's strangest decisions of all time. Raff is one of our top, senior, most reliable players. Brilliant going forward - strong in defending. He's started our 2 wins this season and even scored in one of them. It's a mystery why (when fit) he isn't starting every game.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024