Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New pitch and programme rules 17:18 - Jun 8 with 3726 viewsfermin

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2018/june/efl_summeragmroundup/

Looks like we are going to have to get a new hybrid pitch from July 2019. Also programmes will no longer be compulsory, but I think this was mentioned before as a possibility.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44396446
New pitch and programme rules on 17:35 - Jun 8 with 3687 viewsColDale

The first one will have big cost implications to ourselves - possibly to the extent where the rent received doesn't cover the added outlay. I suppose we only have ourselves to blame for the state that the pitch got into, and any opposition team who played here during that time would surely vote for such a rule if they believed our ground share contributed to this. The good news is that the company we work with (Premier Pitches) offer this as a service. (the Trust will ask what plans are as a result of this ruling and let people know).
New pitch and programme rules on 17:52 - Jun 8 with 3647 views442Dale

New pitch and programme rules on 17:35 - Jun 8 by ColDale

The first one will have big cost implications to ourselves - possibly to the extent where the rent received doesn't cover the added outlay. I suppose we only have ourselves to blame for the state that the pitch got into, and any opposition team who played here during that time would surely vote for such a rule if they believed our ground share contributed to this. The good news is that the company we work with (Premier Pitches) offer this as a service. (the Trust will ask what plans are as a result of this ruling and let people know).

Cheers for that, maybe it’s something the Trust can look at to assist with longer term fundraising? Decent ongoing project, could have a Blue Peter type totaliser.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

New pitch and programme rules on 17:59 - Jun 8 with 3632 viewsMoonyDale

New pitch and programme rules on 17:52 - Jun 8 by 442Dale

Cheers for that, maybe it’s something the Trust can look at to assist with longer term fundraising? Decent ongoing project, could have a Blue Peter type totaliser.

Well Hornets are in no position financially to assist with the GM pitch route and as tenants they don't have to. Not sure how well this will go down with the fans if we through the trust are helping to fund it......

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

New pitch and programme rules on 20:19 - Jun 8 with 3451 views442Dale

New pitch and programme rules on 17:59 - Jun 8 by MoonyDale

Well Hornets are in no position financially to assist with the GM pitch route and as tenants they don't have to. Not sure how well this will go down with the fans if we through the trust are helping to fund it......

Why? Dale would benefit from having such a pitch anyway, plus there may be some funding that can be tapped into. Let’s see what the Trust find out. I’d rather we have a better pitch, and if this means we are forced into doing so then it can only be a good thing. Hornets are here to stay if they pay what’s been agreed so we need to find the best route forward.

New pitch and programme rules on 21:24 - Jun 8 with 3368 viewsMoonyDale

New pitch and programme rules on 20:19 - Jun 8 by 442Dale

Why? Dale would benefit from having such a pitch anyway, plus there may be some funding that can be tapped into. Let’s see what the Trust find out. I’d rather we have a better pitch, and if this means we are forced into doing so then it can only be a good thing. Hornets are here to stay if they pay what’s been agreed so we need to find the best route forward.

The club don't actually have a choice, it has to be done so it will be done. I personally wouldn't want to fund it then see the egg chasing brigade run around on it.......That's a purely personal opinion as I have only negative feelings towards Hornets. That should answer your question...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

New pitch and programme rules on 21:37 - Jun 8 with 3347 views442Dale

New pitch and programme rules on 21:24 - Jun 8 by MoonyDale

The club don't actually have a choice, it has to be done so it will be done. I personally wouldn't want to fund it then see the egg chasing brigade run around on it.......That's a purely personal opinion as I have only negative feelings towards Hornets. That should answer your question...

Fair enough but we all fund things like the pitch indirectly with every penny we spend at the club. If this means we get a better pitch and the Trust/fans can help out with a specific fundraising campaign, then we will be in a better position in terms of the playing surface than we are now. Totally appreciate it’s up to any individual if they wish to contribute.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024