Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Callum Camps 07:23 - Aug 15 with 5608 viewsJames1980

After comments about Camps on other threads. Would it be beneficial for him to go on loan to a promotion chasing League 2 side?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Callum Camps on 16:38 - Aug 16 with 1183 viewsJames1980

How long does he have left on his contract?

Callum Camps on 17:01 - Aug 16 with 1113 viewsdingdangblue

Callum Camps on 16:38 - Aug 16 by James1980

How long does he have left on his contract?

2 more years.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Callum Camps on 17:44 - Aug 16 with 1074 viewsJames1980

Callum Camps on 17:01 - Aug 16 by dingdangblue

2 more years.

A while then. As stated earlier he is clearly talented. Some have also raised the point he steps up his game against better opponents.

So to rehash the initial question.
Would a loan move to a Championship club till January be beneficial?
It should not be seen as a demotion to him. He could be told, go on prove how good you are really can be.

Callum Camps on 18:25 - Aug 16 with 1017 viewsrochdaleriddler

Callum Camps on 16:32 - Aug 16 by sweetcorn

F*ck me, surely it’s not hard to see from reading the thread who i was responding to and have accidently quoted your post rather than tony_roch’s or is digesting text and coming to an outcome beyond your grasp?

Ok mr angry , ill read everything and try and decide who you are arguing with, sorry for assuming you know how to post

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Callum Camps on 18:42 - Aug 16 with 978 viewsnordenblue

Callum Camps on 16:23 - Aug 16 by rochdaleriddler

You really can’t debate without personal insult can you, I have read the whole thread, you said he should be dropped as he is playing poorly, when asked if he would respond to that well, you said to keep him dropped ‘till he grows up’ if he doesn’t . There see I understood, I don’t think you can automatically equate dissatisfaction at being dropped as immaturity. A lot of players respond the carrot, and some the stick. Anyway I believe Mr Hill picks the team, and would deal with any issues a dropping would cause. Some players are of course unstoppable no matter how poorly they play.

Pot take a look at the kettle... thanks for clearing up players temperament too.
You've not mentioned all my apparent comp tickets for a couple of weeks are you feeling ok?
Callum Camps on 18:46 - Aug 16 with 975 viewsDaleiLama

Some interesting (and as usual conflicting) viewpoints in this thread.

I must say I am perplexed by the whole situation and feel like his form doesn't merit a first team place (versus Olly) at present (based on last season and what I've read on here from this season), but for the life of me I can't think why. Furthermore, I don't think a spell riding the pine will help either, but it is the nature of the beast to give way to players playing better than him, if KH decides this is the case (surely)?

From everything I've read he's a cracking lad and has been a grafter who has worked hard to get in the starting 11. I concede he's only 22 (so no doubt somewhat naïve), but I cannot imagine this drop in form is due to ideas above his station, or trying to become the next Messi. His success has come from doing what he does well, so I cannot imagine why he would seek to change that. I also don't see him in the Donal-type mould as a "talent" not applied. He has performed at a consistently high level for long periods so has proven he is more than capable of doing it. It's what got him "noticed", and could be his passport up the pyramid, with all the rewards that brings. He's seen enough others do it and knows what's needed. Not performing, and failing to get on the pitch, are a sure fire way of missing out on all that. It just doesn't add up.

I don't know if there is some hangover from his illness and it's pointless speculating really, as maybe only he and the coaching staff know where he's really at. I don't see much point loaning him out personally - KH got the best from him, and frankly, we need him either in the first team or in the rotation. It's one of the more intriguing stories which will no doubt unfold this season.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 18:54]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Callum Camps on 18:51 - Aug 16 with 954 viewsrochdaleriddler

Callum Camps on 18:42 - Aug 16 by nordenblue

Pot take a look at the kettle... thanks for clearing up players temperament too.
You've not mentioned all my apparent comp tickets for a couple of weeks are you feeling ok?

Thanks for asking, no I have a small aneurysm in my eye, I’m still smiling though. I ain’t mentioned freebies as I am hoping for a higher standard of debate this season, so no mudslinging here I’m afraid

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Callum Camps on 19:34 - Aug 16 with 898 viewsnordenblue

Callum Camps on 18:51 - Aug 16 by rochdaleriddler

Thanks for asking, no I have a small aneurysm in my eye, I’m still smiling though. I ain’t mentioned freebies as I am hoping for a higher standard of debate this season, so no mudslinging here I’m afraid

Know a thing or two about them but more linked to the brain with the mrs,salford royals been a second home last 18 months. It's all good fun
Login to get fewer ads

Callum Camps on 20:00 - Aug 16 with 855 viewsrochdaleriddler

Callum Camps on 19:34 - Aug 16 by nordenblue

Know a thing or two about them but more linked to the brain with the mrs,salford royals been a second home last 18 months. It's all good fun

Hope she’s ok

Callum Camps on 23:00 - Aug 16 with 712 viewsrochdale_ranger

Sounds good. About time you grew up.
Callum Camps on 00:17 - Aug 17 with 681 viewskiwidale

Callum Camps on 23:00 - Aug 16 by rochdale_ranger

Sounds good. About time you grew up.

I am hoping for a higher standard of debate this season, so no mudslinging here I’m afraid

I guess Riddler is pissing in the wind with that then?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 0:18]

This is not the time for bickering.

Callum Camps on 18:32 - Aug 17 with 506 viewsrochdale_ranger

Callum Camps on 00:17 - Aug 17 by kiwidale

I am hoping for a higher standard of debate this season, so no mudslinging here I’m afraid

I guess Riddler is pissing in the wind with that then?
[Post edited 17 Aug 2018 0:18]

Probably.
Callum Camps on 19:28 - Aug 17 with 439 viewsSaxonDale

Callum Camps on 18:46 - Aug 16 by DaleiLama

Some interesting (and as usual conflicting) viewpoints in this thread.

I must say I am perplexed by the whole situation and feel like his form doesn't merit a first team place (versus Olly) at present (based on last season and what I've read on here from this season), but for the life of me I can't think why. Furthermore, I don't think a spell riding the pine will help either, but it is the nature of the beast to give way to players playing better than him, if KH decides this is the case (surely)?

From everything I've read he's a cracking lad and has been a grafter who has worked hard to get in the starting 11. I concede he's only 22 (so no doubt somewhat naïve), but I cannot imagine this drop in form is due to ideas above his station, or trying to become the next Messi. His success has come from doing what he does well, so I cannot imagine why he would seek to change that. I also don't see him in the Donal-type mould as a "talent" not applied. He has performed at a consistently high level for long periods so has proven he is more than capable of doing it. It's what got him "noticed", and could be his passport up the pyramid, with all the rewards that brings. He's seen enough others do it and knows what's needed. Not performing, and failing to get on the pitch, are a sure fire way of missing out on all that. It just doesn't add up.

I don't know if there is some hangover from his illness and it's pointless speculating really, as maybe only he and the coaching staff know where he's really at. I don't see much point loaning him out personally - KH got the best from him, and frankly, we need him either in the first team or in the rotation. It's one of the more intriguing stories which will no doubt unfold this season.
[Post edited 16 Aug 2018 18:54]

Agreed. Hilly has shown countless times, whether rightly or wrongly, that if you're putting the running in for the team then he will give you the time on the pitch to get back into form. From the limited times I have seen him over the past season and a half he doesn't seem to be struggling to impact games due to a lack of effort- I'd actually wager that he's doing a fair bit more running than he was before he signed the new deal!

When he signed that new deal, Hilly- who isn't often one for hyperbole, said we had one of the best midfielders outside the Premiership. I can rarely remember seeing a player look so comfortable at this level as Camps did towards the back end of that season. It was almost as if he played 90% of the game in first gear and was still too good for the league.

We've got an almost embarrassment of luxuries in centre midfield and both Rathbone and Cannon deserve their chance to start in the league, however we shouldn't be looking at loaning Camps out as his time will come again. Can't think of too many players who we've loaned back in recent years who have come back and impacted our team. We've got a management team who firmly believe in coaching our players- keep him here and let them do that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024