Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Favourite lockdown tea 10:29 - Jun 5 with 7973 viewsDaleEdchup

Morning all,

I hope everyone is keeping well.

So we’ve been in lockdown for many weeks now and I was wondering what all of your favourite lockdown tea’s have been during this time?

I am very lucky that my wife, Sheila makes a lovely meat pie with gravy. Delicious.

Anyway, I look forward to hearing from you all.

Cheers

DaleEdChup (78)
Favourite lockdown tea on 22:57 - Jun 5 with 1813 viewsncfc_chalky

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:42 - Jun 5 by Sandyman

ncfcChalky:

https://www.eatwell.co.nz/recipe/10909/Tripe-and-onions/

Kiwidale et al may wish to comment given the source of this link...

Fook off Chalky

It just sounds awful and even the word "tripe" sounds unappealing,why does it take about four hours of simmering before it's cooked? I can only presume that it's to get rid of the taste,how much does tripe cost compared to proper meat? Do Rochdale folk eat trotters as well? (Serious question)

Poll: Will you purchase any shares?...

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:59 - Jun 5 with 1807 viewsjudd

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:57 - Jun 5 by ncfc_chalky

It just sounds awful and even the word "tripe" sounds unappealing,why does it take about four hours of simmering before it's cooked? I can only presume that it's to get rid of the taste,how much does tripe cost compared to proper meat? Do Rochdale folk eat trotters as well? (Serious question)

Yes and then shat them out at least 4 times this season

Poll: What is it to be then?

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:00 - Jun 5 with 1801 viewsncfc_chalky

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:43 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

I doubt kiwi will be commenting on anything else on here.

Has he been redcarded?

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:03 - Jun 5 with 1784 viewsjudd

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:54 - Jun 5 by James1980

There is a clip on Facebook of chap from Rochdale singing on a talent show I think it's either the New Zealand or Australian Voice

Paul Stevens

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:07 - Jun 5 with 1776 viewsTVOS1907

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:03 - Jun 5 by judd

Paul Stevens

Rachel's dad?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:09 - Jun 5 with 1777 viewsjudd

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:07 - Jun 5 by TVOS1907

Rachel's dad?

I'd have thought she'd be a mum

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:13 - Jun 5 with 1765 viewsJames1980

Paul Stevens

That's the chap

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:16 - Jun 5 with 1755 viewsnordenblue

Paul Stevens

Any relation to Shakin?
Login to get fewer ads

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:19 - Jun 5 with 1750 viewsjudd

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:16 - Jun 5 by nordenblue

Any relation to Shakin?

I'm not, no.

Favourite lockdown tea on 01:24 - Jun 6 with 1708 viewsSandyman

Dale Stephens ?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dale_Stephens_(footballer)
Favourite lockdown tea on 09:00 - Jun 6 with 1626 viewsNigeriamark

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:42 - Jun 5 by Sandyman

ncfcChalky:

https://www.eatwell.co.nz/recipe/10909/Tripe-and-onions/

Kiwidale et al may wish to comment given the source of this link...

Fook off Chalky

Don't eat it often, but much better cold with vinegar
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 9:01]
Favourite lockdown tea on 10:16 - Jun 6 with 1607 viewsncfc_chalky

Favourite lockdown tea on 09:00 - Jun 6 by Nigeriamark

Don't eat it often, but much better cold with vinegar
[Post edited 6 Jun 2020 9:01]

You managed to make something disgusting sound even worst

Favourite lockdown tea on 16:30 - Jun 6 with 1532 viewsPGB

Tetley's
Favourite lockdown tea on 00:02 - Jun 9 with 1386 viewsdownunder

Favourite lockdown tea on 22:54 - Jun 5 by James1980

There is a clip on Facebook of chap from Rochdale singing on a talent show I think it's either the New Zealand or Australian Voice

Favourite lockdown tea on 06:59 - Jun 9 with 1329 viewsJames1980

Favourite lockdown tea on 00:02 - Jun 9 by downunder

That's the video I saw. Is that you downunder?

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:06 - Jun 9 with 1235 viewsdownunder

Favourite lockdown tea on 06:59 - Jun 9 by James1980

That's the video I saw. Is that you downunder?

I can't sing. I have asked my older sister if she knows him, as she was into the scene he has mentioned on a few Facebook posts. He was a mate of Jack Thirsk, who had the Wheatsheaf in Newhey. However, we (as in the band I used to play in) had a run in with Thirsk, when he wrongly accused us of nicking a Mic stand.
Favourite lockdown tea on 07:05 - Jun 10 with 1204 viewsJames1980

Favourite lockdown tea on 23:06 - Jun 9 by downunder

I can't sing. I have asked my older sister if she knows him, as she was into the scene he has mentioned on a few Facebook posts. He was a mate of Jack Thirsk, who had the Wheatsheaf in Newhey. However, we (as in the band I used to play in) had a run in with Thirsk, when he wrongly accused us of nicking a Mic stand.

Thank you good to hear anecdotes from days gone by. Did Jack find out what happened to his mic stand?

Favourite lockdown tea on 08:53 - Jun 10 with 1178 viewsdownunder

Favourite lockdown tea on 07:05 - Jun 10 by James1980

Thank you good to hear anecdotes from days gone by. Did Jack find out what happened to his mic stand?

He was "trying it on". The "stage area" was empty when we arrived. He was very threatening for a time, but our bass player worked for enviromental health, and threatened him back. He was not so confident that his pub met all standards, it turned out.
Favourite lockdown tea on 09:34 - Jun 10 with 1165 viewsJames1980

Favourite lockdown tea on 08:53 - Jun 10 by downunder

He was "trying it on". The "stage area" was empty when we arrived. He was very threatening for a time, but our bass player worked for enviromental health, and threatened him back. He was not so confident that his pub met all standards, it turned out.

www.cedartreerochdale.co.uk

This is what came up when I googled wheatsheaf newhey looks quite smart. What sort of Music did your band play?

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:32 - Jun 10 with 1135 viewsEllDale

The Wheatsheaf at Newhey was quite a posh pub in the 1980's when I used to go in there regularly.
A man and woman called Ron and Lorraine ran it in those days. I don't know if Thirsky bought it off them or not but he was heavily involved in Braces in the town centre as well at the time.

As for Paul Stevens I think he used to live in the College Bank flats at one time and worked the local workingmens clubs for a living.
Favourite lockdown tea on 11:35 - Jun 10 with 1133 viewsdownunder

Favourite lockdown tea on 09:34 - Jun 10 by James1980

www.cedartreerochdale.co.uk

This is what came up when I googled wheatsheaf newhey looks quite smart. What sort of Music did your band play?

Diverse and unpredictable? Sort of New Wave, plenty of covers, some of own. Two of the band had Latvian heritage, and played with an accordian band doing Latvian country songs. We even covered a Perry Como song.This is our one shot at Recording (Cargo Studios, 8 track)

John Peel played it, and liked it. Mind you he played anything. Thank you for your interest.
Favourite lockdown tea on 11:40 - Jun 10 with 1127 viewsdownunder

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:32 - Jun 10 by EllDale

The Wheatsheaf at Newhey was quite a posh pub in the 1980's when I used to go in there regularly.
A man and woman called Ron and Lorraine ran it in those days. I don't know if Thirsky bought it off them or not but he was heavily involved in Braces in the town centre as well at the time.

As for Paul Stevens I think he used to live in the College Bank flats at one time and worked the local workingmens clubs for a living.

We finished as a band in 1980. He was world famous in the Pro-Golf circuit as the Singing Caddy,(Presuming you have not studied the previous video in full, where he talks about that. I apologise if you have, and are just adding to)
Favourite lockdown tea on 11:54 - Jun 10 with 1108 viewsncfc_chalky

Favourite lockdown tea on 11:35 - Jun 10 by downunder

Diverse and unpredictable? Sort of New Wave, plenty of covers, some of own. Two of the band had Latvian heritage, and played with an accordian band doing Latvian country songs. We even covered a Perry Como song.This is our one shot at Recording (Cargo Studios, 8 track)

John Peel played it, and liked it. Mind you he played anything. Thank you for your interest.

I admire anyone who picked up an instrument and gave it a go,it's something that I wished that I had done and being a teenager in '76 I was in the right place at the right time but just stood and watched instead of joining in,the fact that you only.got.one single out on an indie label is irrelevant,it proves that you was there and doing it and have something to show the grandkids

Favourite lockdown tea on 17:13 - Jun 10 with 1054 viewsJames1980

Brilliant that you pressed a record and got played on national radio. Who knows it might get still sampled by a current artist and you will make a fortune on the royalties.

Favourite lockdown tea on 18:25 - Jun 10 with 1027 views1mark1

I loved watching your band. I have the single. Enjoyed your performances at Lancashire Lass and other places. Really enjoyed your Jam and Buzzcocks covers, though Catch a falling Star was one of my favourites. Did you play at NellRackers/ Braces, I seem to remember, seeing you there. Really sad to hear of the passing of Oscar?

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024