Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ian Henderson on facebook 11:59 - Jun 20 with 36142 viewsjudd

To find out my 7 1/2 year association with AFC Rochdale was coming to an end via social media was a shock to say the least. I only received an email yesterday morning confirming that the offer the club had previously made to extend my contract was being retracted and I was therefore being released. I am not just shocked but unbelievably upset and disappointed to have found this out in this manner. It was always my intention to try and stay at Rochdale and make it to my testimonial year and try and become the all time top scorer of the football club.

I had been in negotiations with the football club, for some time, regarding an extension prior to the covid-19 pandemic but if I am honest the lines of communication were extremely inconsistent to say the least. I was not trying to ask for more money than what the club was offering and we ended up at a stand-off over some minor details. The negotiations became protracted and it became clear I was not being told the full truth. I would have thought with all that I have given to this football club over those 7 1/2 years would have meant I would have been treated with a level of respect, the same level of respect I have always shown them.

Anyway, unfortunately I will now be leaving a football club, so dear to mine and my family’s heart, but not in the way I had dreamed and envisioned it ending.

Finally I would like to thank the incredible supporters who I have always had such a special relationship and affinity with and I hope I have brought some happiness and joy to you throughout my time with the football club. I can leave knowing I left all that I could give out there on the football pitch and with my head held high. I am big enough to take things on the chin and one thing this current pandemic has shown us all is life is too short and precious and therefore I will not hold a grudge. Up the Dale.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 09:27 - Jun 24 with 1804 viewsTVOS1907

Ian Henderson on facebook on 05:25 - Jun 24 by AlexF

Some interesting info from Aaron which adds to current confusion I have around the finances of the club, perhaps you folks can help me. Its pretty clear that the players have had a picture painted of a club in desperate trouble, in danger of administration. Lets take a look back at some of the club income speculated on this forum this season:
- £350k up front for Adshead
- £1M up front for Matheson
- 3 games against prem teams in cups - shall we say £250k?
-£1.4M in the form of a council loan to cover ongoing improvements, secured against the ground, which the club owns.
- a further decent sum imminent for Craig Dawson sell on, not sure how much.

Against this, the players and staff are largely furloughed, so no outgoings there, end March to end October is it? Aaron mentions player deferments? How is that when they arent being paid?

I dont get it, where did all the money go?

It's 'gone' on keeping the club running, as explained by Tony Pockney at the forum in February.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 11:34 - Jun 24 with 1659 viewsDaleiLama

Ian Henderson on facebook on 09:27 - Jun 24 by TVOS1907

It's 'gone' on keeping the club running, as explained by Tony Pockney at the forum in February.

TP also took great pains to explain we have no overdraft due to the hihgh risk of football club debts to banks. Consequently, the constant battle to maintain a positive cashflow has dictated many of the clubs decisions. Not defending it, just mentioning it. Lack of ST money at this time of year won't be helping cashflow much either. Income doesn't always arrive just when it's needed. Hence the loan off the council.

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 14:02 - Jun 24 with 1480 viewsNDGN82

Ian Henderson on facebook on 05:25 - Jun 24 by AlexF

Some interesting info from Aaron which adds to current confusion I have around the finances of the club, perhaps you folks can help me. Its pretty clear that the players have had a picture painted of a club in desperate trouble, in danger of administration. Lets take a look back at some of the club income speculated on this forum this season:
- £350k up front for Adshead
- £1M up front for Matheson
- 3 games against prem teams in cups - shall we say £250k?
-£1.4M in the form of a council loan to cover ongoing improvements, secured against the ground, which the club owns.
- a further decent sum imminent for Craig Dawson sell on, not sure how much.

Against this, the players and staff are largely furloughed, so no outgoings there, end March to end October is it? Aaron mentions player deferments? How is that when they arent being paid?

I dont get it, where did all the money go?

I think it has been mentioned by others on a previous thread, but the furlough grant income from the government doesn't pay for the players wages in full, it will in all probability only cover a small proportion of those wages.

The club will genuinely have a serious amount of outgoings, yes slightly reduced by not playing and receiving furlough grants, but coupled with no income, it would very much surprise me if there was money available to spend and the club were lying to players!

From the 2019 accounts and fans forum presentation, it costs £500k per month to run the club (wages and all). The player wage budget has hopefully come done since then but even so these are not tiny figures that we're talking about in terms of outgoings even if they are reduced significantly whilst no games are being played
Ian Henderson on facebook on 15:29 - Jun 24 with 1400 viewsSuddenLad

Ian Henderson on facebook on 14:02 - Jun 24 by NDGN82

I think it has been mentioned by others on a previous thread, but the furlough grant income from the government doesn't pay for the players wages in full, it will in all probability only cover a small proportion of those wages.

The club will genuinely have a serious amount of outgoings, yes slightly reduced by not playing and receiving furlough grants, but coupled with no income, it would very much surprise me if there was money available to spend and the club were lying to players!

From the 2019 accounts and fans forum presentation, it costs £500k per month to run the club (wages and all). The player wage budget has hopefully come done since then but even so these are not tiny figures that we're talking about in terms of outgoings even if they are reduced significantly whilst no games are being played

As far as I remember the Government are covering 80% of the wages of furloughed staff. Why is it different to that?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Ian Henderson on facebook on 15:41 - Jun 24 with 1379 viewsVivaDonaldo

Ian Henderson on facebook on 15:29 - Jun 24 by SuddenLad

As far as I remember the Government are covering 80% of the wages of furloughed staff. Why is it different to that?

There is a cap on the maximum amount payable on the furlough scheme per employee. Set at £2.5k a month I believe?

That would mean if the rumoured figures are right that Hendo alone would be about 10k or so in wages each month that he alone would need from the club.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:43 - Jun 24 with 1298 viewsNDGN82

Ian Henderson on facebook on 15:41 - Jun 24 by VivaDonaldo

There is a cap on the maximum amount payable on the furlough scheme per employee. Set at £2.5k a month I believe?

That would mean if the rumoured figures are right that Hendo alone would be about 10k or so in wages each month that he alone would need from the club.

Yes that's the way I see it too.

It would most certainly help with much of the furloughed non-playing staff wages but still a big chunk of money to pay out to players on top.
Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:54 - Jun 24 with 1276 viewsjudd

Employers can claim for up to 80% or £2,500 of each furloughed employee or worker's usual wages, whichever is lower.

The employer should decide whether they'll top up furloughed employees' or workers' wages to 100%, but they do not have to. If the employer decides not to top up the wages, they should explain why.

If an employer cannot reach an agreement with an employee or worker, they may want to change the written terms in their contract.
If there are more than 20 people affected, employers will need to consult staff representatives ('collectively consult').

Poll: What is it to be then?

Ian Henderson on facebook on 16:56 - Jun 24 with 1272 viewsisitme

That's if the club 'topped up' his or any of their employees' wages. Furloughed staff may have just being paid what they are eligible for from the government.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024