Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Salford and Salford 16:29 - Oct 15 with 3918 viewsnordenblue

Looks like the rumours a while ago about the rugby and football teams swapping grounds is going ahead...

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/salford-red
Salford and Salford on 16:46 - Oct 15 with 3825 viewsIOMDale

I'd say that's a move that suits both parties, though traffic is still regularly bottlenecked in and out of the AJ Bell - especially on Saturday afternoons around 5PM, when football crowds compete with traffic leaving the Trafford Centre.

UTDNFS

Salford and Salford on 17:10 - Oct 15 with 3751 viewsdeeplishblue

Salford and Salford on 16:46 - Oct 15 by IOMDale

I'd say that's a move that suits both parties, though traffic is still regularly bottlenecked in and out of the AJ Bell - especially on Saturday afternoons around 5PM, when football crowds compete with traffic leaving the Trafford Centre.

Oops marked op down by mistake.

Poll: Do you want bury to get promoted?

Salford and Salford on 18:54 - Oct 15 with 3560 viewsEllDale

The rumours a few months ago were a classic case of there being no smoke without fire.
The rugby league team quite simply can’t afford to play there which is ironic as the City of Salford helped with the planning and building of the AJ Bell to keep the club in the area when they decided to leave The Willows.
Plenty of questions will be asked about the Peninsular Stadium though particularlyas to if it meets the minimum standard criteria for Super League.
Salford aren’t fashionable and the likes of Wigan and Leeds wouldn’t be too upset if they were to be demoted.
As for Salford City it gives them a purpose built ground suitable for championship football.
The traffic is horrendous though as mentioned previously.
Salford and Salford on 20:34 - Oct 15 with 3390 viewspioneer

rugby union season is parallel with football league, unlike Salford red devils ‘summer rugby’ season so the pitch will take a real hammering over winter.
Salford and Salford on 10:00 - Oct 17 with 2749 views1907

Salford will never achieve the level of support the class of 92 think they can.

Just another Fleetwood in the making for me & look how that one is turning out.
Salford and Salford on 11:13 - Oct 17 with 2654 viewsEllDale

I don’t think that they’ll go bust as Fleetwood are allegedly threatening to.
It’s very much a vanity project for a group of rich men including Peter Lim.
It may well be that some of them become bored with the project but the biggest problem will always be lack of support.
Be interesting to see the attendance on Tuesday.
Salford and Salford on 18:34 - Oct 17 with 2424 viewsTVOS1907

Salford and Salford on 11:13 - Oct 17 by EllDale

I don’t think that they’ll go bust as Fleetwood are allegedly threatening to.
It’s very much a vanity project for a group of rich men including Peter Lim.
It may well be that some of them become bored with the project but the biggest problem will always be lack of support.
Be interesting to see the attendance on Tuesday.

They currently have the lowest average attendance in the EFL (2099) and yesterday's home crowd of 2448 was boosted by 1100 Hartlepool fans.

Undoubted knowledge? Or just the application of common sense and using my brain?

Salford and Salford on 18:47 - Oct 17 with 2395 viewsD_Alien

Salford and Salford on 18:34 - Oct 17 by TVOS1907

They currently have the lowest average attendance in the EFL (2099) and yesterday's home crowd of 2448 was boosted by 1100 Hartlepool fans.

Goes to show that loyalty and tradition can't be manufactured or bought

Since their progress up the leagues has stalled, there's nothing to keep any new attenders (rather than fans) from not bothering

We know as well as any club how fickle support can be, but if the 'Class of 92' project evaporates there will be no-one to save Salford FC from the circling sharks

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024