Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glass-Salter Injured Again 09:43 - Feb 13 with 7619 viewsOldPedro

"QPR defender Jake Clarke-Salter faces another spell on the sidelines.

The former Chelsea man picked up a calf injury in training on Friday and will be unavailable for the foreseeable future."

[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:43]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:44 - Feb 13 with 4161 viewsNorthernr

Stunned. Can't believe it.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:46 - Feb 13 with 4135 viewsBrianMcCarthy

But. Of. Course.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:48 - Feb 13 with 4096 viewsfrancisbowles

I know it can happen at any time including the warm up, but it is strange when players pick up an injury in light training the day before a game. I wonder whether he trained normally the rest of the week, or did he have a problem after his singular appearance last weekend?
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:50 - Feb 13 with 4072 viewssafcinpeace

We had this lad on loan and all I can say is it is shame he won’t play against us on Tuesday
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:50 - Feb 13 with 4064 viewsted_hendrix

unavailable

unavailable

unavailable

ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz......................

Yawn etcetera

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:53 - Feb 13 with 4046 viewsozexile

How long is his contract?
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:59 - Feb 13 with 3992 viewsOldPedro

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:44 - Feb 13 by Northernr

Stunned. Can't believe it.

Well, you did warn us in the article you did when he signed.....

"Clarke-Salter at 24 has only just gone past the 100 senior appearances mark, 69 of them at Championship level. His injury record to this point is fairly intimidating - shoulder and calf injuries have restricted his availability in that time (24 appearances in 2019/20 for Brum, just 11 for them in 20/21 although he only joined in October, and then 29 starts and two sub apps for Cov last term). That Coventry season the first time he’s played 30+ times for anybody anywhere in his career, which isn’t ideal when you look at next season’s World Cup-riddled Championship schedule, and when you’re trying to operate on a small squad."

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/news/57905/clarke-salter

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:03 - Feb 13 with 3942 viewsOldPedro

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:53 - Feb 13 by ozexile

How long is his contract?

Club announced it as a 4 year deal when he signed

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/jake-clarke-salter-is-a-ranger-170622/

Login to get fewer ads

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:07 - Feb 13 with 3910 viewscolinallcars

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:03 - Feb 13 by OldPedro

4 years…..I hope we've got plenty of Bostik in the cupboard.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:10 - Feb 13 with 3891 viewsflitwickhoop

Fitz Clarke-Salter
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:11 - Feb 13 with 3881 viewsHayesender

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:50 - Feb 13 by safcinpeace

We had this lad on loan and all I can say is it is shame he won’t play against us on Tuesday

Wait till you see our other keystone cop defenders

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:15 - Feb 13 with 3852 viewsCamberleyR

Balogun I'd be paying up and terminating his contract immediately and Glass-Salter I'd be sorely tempted doing the same in the summer, I've had it with him already.

This is JGS's 'season':
Plays 90 minutes at Blackburn 30th July. Out for nine weeks until 1st October.
Somehow plays the team's next seven games. Gets injured at Birmingham after 21 minutes. Out for the next two games.
Plays 90 minutes against Huddersfield and 80 minutes the following game at Coventry. Gets injured, out for four weeks.
Plays 90 minutes each against Burnley and Preston. Injured again, out for six weeks.
Plays 42 minutes at Hull and 90 at Huddersfield.
Now facing another lengthy spell out. Anyone hazard a guess how long this will be? I'm going eight weeks minimum...

It really boils my piss the amount of cash these two are taking out of the club that in our situation we really can't afford for such little return. Probably just over half of what these two wasters combined are on could have got Barbet for another couple of years who we would get 80+ games out of.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 22:53]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:18 - Feb 13 with 3802 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:15 - Feb 13 by CamberleyR

Balogun I'd be paying up and terminating his contract immediately and Glass-Salter I'd be sorely tempted doing the same in the summer, I've had it with him already.

This is JGS's 'season':
Plays 90 minutes at Blackburn 30th July. Out for nine weeks until 1st October.
Somehow plays the team's next seven games. Gets injured at Birmingham after 21 minutes. Out for the next two games.
Plays 90 minutes against Huddersfield and 80 minutes the following game at Coventry. Gets injured, out for four weeks.
Plays 90 minutes each against Burnley and Preston. Injured again, out for six weeks.
Plays 42 minutes at Hull and 90 at Huddersfield.
Now facing another lengthy spell out. Anyone hazard a guess how long this will be? I'm going eight weeks minimum...

It really boils my piss the amount of cash these two are taking out of the club that in our situation we really can't afford for such little return. Probably just over half of what these two wasters combined are on could have got Barbet for another couple of years who we would get 80+ games out of.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 22:53]

How many consecutive matches did Barbet play in the end?
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:20 - Feb 13 with 3794 viewsstevec

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:07 - Feb 13 by colinallcars

4 years…..I hope we've got plenty of Bostik in the cupboard.

So injury prone all his career and we give him a four year contract. Dear god.

Fitting that we’re now looking to do business in Columbia.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:21 - Feb 13 with 3791 viewsNorthernr

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:18 - Feb 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

How many consecutive matches did Barbet play in the end?

98 I think he got to in the end, three with a broken collar bone.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:24 - Feb 13 with 3761 viewsstevec

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:21 - Feb 13 by Northernr

And a bandage on his head.

Can you imagine these newcomers if they had a set to with a terrace wall ?
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:25 - Feb 13 with 3752 viewsw7r

An achievement (albeit an unenviable one) that we've managed to sign a player that makes Matthew Rose look like he was cast from pig iron and armour plated.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:29 - Feb 13 with 3717 viewsbosh67

I am sure he is hugely upset by this as any player would be.

But the problem is that he, Balogun, Willock now, Stef more often than not, Amos, Roberts, Richards, that's 8 first teamers out of a very small squad.

I find it difficult to get too annoyed with Critchley when he has a majority of his squad either out all the time or most of the time. The club has to do some kind of review at the end of the season to look at how so many of these players have been injured repeatedly in training.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:31 - Feb 13 with 3710 viewsDixie_CT

JCS has been unavailable for selection of 50% of our games compared to 25% of games for Coventry last season. That is a significant difference and is either due to bad luck or something else to do with training/medical support.

Whatever the cause, it doesn't help us and is incredibly frustrating.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:31 - Feb 13 with 3710 viewsPaddyhoops

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:21 - Feb 13 by Northernr

And he actually gave a s*t!
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:40 - Feb 13 with 3638 viewsNortholt_Rs

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:31 - Feb 13 by Dixie_CT

JCS has been unavailable for selection of 50% of our games compared to 25% of games for Coventry last season. That is a significant difference and is either due to bad luck or something else to do with training/medical support.

Whatever the cause, it doesn't help us and is incredibly frustrating.

Or he’s just another one of these gutless lightweights who doesn’t fancy it and is constantly ‘injured’. I wonder if they’d all be injured if we were still top of the league…? I don’t think there has ever been a QPR team I dislike as much as this group.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 10:43]

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:54 - Feb 13 with 3529 viewsstanistheman

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:03 - Feb 13 by OldPedro

Only at QPR do we give out 4 year contracts to players with injury issues and we didn't want to offer a decent pay rise to a stable and decent Barbet to keep him

I know he didn't do well, but how is it that Bonne was given a 3 year deal when we paid what was for this club a big fee, yet for a free transfer injury prone player we give a 4 year deal?
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:58 - Feb 13 with 3495 viewsTheChef

Can't believe he hasn't run off to Daddy already.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 11:00 - Feb 13 with 3475 viewsPlanetHonneywood

There's a less than veiled message in there about a number of players signed before NC arrived being constantly injured.

There should also be reference to the repeated signing of phish poor crocks and the glaring inability to get anything from them; questionable medical management; and how this not only wastes money, but also puts a strain on the remaining players.

Every single problem at that God forsaken place emanates from the top and permeates its pernicious way to over-payed oafs representing us on the field.

Can someone tell Les if he really feels he must stay, then don't buy crocks because we don't improve them, we make them worse!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 11:13 - Feb 13 with 3392 viewsPlanetHonneywood

There's a less than veiled message in there about a number of players signed before NC arrived being constantly injured.

There should also be reference to the repeated signing of phish poor crocks and the glaring inability to get anything from them; questionable medical management; and how this not only wastes money, but also puts a strain on the remaining players.

Every single problem we've had at that God forsaken place over the last 25 years, emanates from the top and permeates its pernicious way to over-payed oafs representing us on the field.

Utter effing shambles, predicated on the notion that old-pros know best. They might do, ours rarely seem too.

Can someone tell Les if he really feels he must stay overseeing this shambles, then don't buy any more crocks because we don't improve them, we make them worse and we're too small in the eyes of anyone who plays at a Prem club to come here and you know, put the effort in.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024