Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Glass-Salter Injured Again 09:43 - Feb 13 with 7751 viewsOldPedro

"QPR defender Jake Clarke-Salter faces another spell on the sidelines.

The former Chelsea man picked up a calf injury in training on Friday and will be unavailable for the foreseeable future."

[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 9:43]

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 11:15 - Feb 13 with 2300 viewsbongo_king

If this season had to be summarised in three letters, they would be "JCS" (choosing four letters is too easy, you know...) We don't even bother to try and resign a great, likeable and passionate pro in Barbet... instead get a talented but rarely available and seemingly uninterested guy on the then manager's wishlist.

I get the feeling the winds of change are coming to W12 this summer, regardless of which division we end up in. All the weaknesses of the clubs "model" have basically been shown up. More I think about the LF interview last week, I reckon he's going to struggle to survive past season end, bar a massive change in fortunes.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 11:20 - Feb 13 with 2273 viewsPhildo

Man alive I have loads of tumultuous stuff going on ATM in life and I increasingly find the one thing I have to tune out of for my own sense of wellbeing is my blinking football club.

Could a delegation of fans go in and explain how upsetting this stuff is to the poor sods who pony up to the gates at LR.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 11:35 - Feb 13 with 2170 viewsNushnool

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:21 - Feb 13 by Northernr

98 I think he got to in the end, three with a broken collar bone.

I think he mentioned in an interview with the QPR podcast that he was playing through all sorts of injuries throughout that run. Could easily have put his hand up and had a couple of weeks out to recover, but kept going. His run of games was very impressive, but the injuries he had were unnoticed and unappreciated.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 11:38 - Feb 13 with 2153 viewsNortholt_Rs

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 11:20 - Feb 13 by Phildo

Man alive I have loads of tumultuous stuff going on ATM in life and I increasingly find the one thing I have to tune out of for my own sense of wellbeing is my blinking football club.

Could a delegation of fans go in and explain how upsetting this stuff is to the poor sods who pony up to the gates at LR.

Like these players would give a shit…

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 12:04 - Feb 13 with 2077 views89_50

Incredibly frustrating this one. When fit, perhaps our most technically competent CB. However, this constant issue of availability, paired with length of contract, would lead me to look to cash in on him this summer.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 12:10 - Feb 13 with 2057 viewsLoyalitat

All the more reason for us as fans to get behind the likes of Rob Dickie and Jimmy Dunne. Both have had their struggles on the field, but have never hid, phoned in "sick" for the slightest injury concern, or pulled out of tackles when actually playing for us, and they always have the stomach for a fight.

Compare those durable characters to Beale's finest recruits of 2022: Glass-Salter, Balogun, Roberts, Richards and now latterly Laird.

If we'd have kept Barbet alongside Dickie and Dunne with Masterson as back-up, another durable defender, we'd at least have had far less upheaval in that key defensive area, as there would have been far fewer injury concerns. Barbet, Dickie and Dunne will have all experienced niggles, strains and other injury concerns, but they are all made of sterner stuff, both physically and mentally, in stark contrast to Beale's centre-half additions.

Strong mindset is a prerequisite for centre-halves in my eyes and trumps having a seemingly better defender who is good with the ball at his feet but baulks at any sort of challenge, should he ever deign to grace us with his presence on the pitch in the first place.

Get behind Dickie, Dunne and probably Gubbins too. At least they are all made of the right stuff.
[Post edited 13 Feb 2023 12:11]
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 12:19 - Feb 13 with 2012 viewsDannyPaddox

After initially reminding me of Paul Daniels, Critchley is now giving me Les Dennis, once of Family Fortunes, vibes. Next family up: the Sick-Notes from West London
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 12:31 - Feb 13 with 1969 viewsNortholt_Rs

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 12:04 - Feb 13 by 89_50

Incredibly frustrating this one. When fit, perhaps our most technically competent CB. However, this constant issue of availability, paired with length of contract, would lead me to look to cash in on him this summer.

Cash in on him how? LF gave him a 4 year contract (WTF?)….so we won’t have the money to pay him off and nobody but nobody is going to take this sick note of our hands. Another memorable signing from our DOF.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Login to get fewer ads

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 12:43 - Feb 13 with 1921 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 12:31 - Feb 13 by Northolt_Rs

Cash in on him how? LF gave him a 4 year contract (WTF?)….so we won’t have the money to pay him off and nobody but nobody is going to take this sick note of our hands. Another memorable signing from our DOF.

Yeah. Sacking off Barbet for this crock on a four-year contract is pretty incredible.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 12:50 - Feb 13 with 1897 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 12:43 - Feb 13 by Wegerles_Stairs

Yeah. Sacking off Barbet for this crock on a four-year contract is pretty incredible.

I think Barbet was the right call, considering his age and I imagine the pay. However, why sign a replacement made of paper mache?
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 13:04 - Feb 13 with 1843 viewsed_83

Can anyone more itk shed some light on the workings of the medical team? Have we changed approach / personnel recently?

I know part of our recruitment strategy has been to sign players with dodgy injury records and trust our medical staff to keep them fit. For a time it seemed to be working: from memory Field, De Wijs, Ball, Masterson and a few others all came here with varying levels of concern about their ability to get through a season and we kept them all fit, by and large. Through 2019/20 and the first half of 2021/22 I'd have said we were really good at managing that side of things; maybe we got lucky but I reckon this is an area where you make your own luck.

The last 12 months have been a nightmare though: so many injuries, so repeatedly, to so many players. Are we doing something different?
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 13:07 - Feb 13 with 1827 viewspaulparker

Awful signing pure and simple

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 13:37 - Feb 13 with 1697 views89_50

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 12:31 - Feb 13 by Northolt_Rs

Les said that there were clubs that offered him more lucrative contracts last summer - including Cov. Surely there would be some lingering interest if these clubs knew he was available for sale. His injury problems aren't a great revelation, so it would be reasonable to suggest they wouldn't be too prohibitive to a move..
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 13:38 - Feb 13 with 1694 viewsDejR_vu

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 09:53 - Feb 13 by ozexile

How long is his contract?

100 years

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 13:42 - Feb 13 with 1672 viewsCamberleyR

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 13:37 - Feb 13 by 89_50

Les said that there were clubs that offered him more lucrative contracts last summer - including Cov. Surely there would be some lingering interest if these clubs knew he was available for sale. His injury problems aren't a great revelation, so it would be reasonable to suggest they wouldn't be too prohibitive to a move..

Coventry must be laughing their bollocks off they didn't sign him now.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 13:50 - Feb 13 with 1637 viewsToast_R

This was one of Beale's babies. He took less money to join us such was the appeal...

Whatever algoritham the DOF is using on his laptop, please update to the latest driver.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 13:58 - Feb 13 with 1596 viewsCFW

Sorry if I am missing something here - a few weeks ago I listened to an interview with Andy Belk, I found it quite informative and was impressed with amount of work that goes on in the background prior to signing a player. Why is it then then that we have so many players who are always bloody injured?? Not just Class-Salter, Roberts, Richards and others who are not much better.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 14:11 - Feb 13 with 1541 viewsandrew1302

Well Belk cleary does the wrong research unlike Brentford and Brighton equivalents. He did a lot of research on Bonne and suggested we buy at £2m? Come on those at the top this guy needs the sack along with several others who run the club. Ruben and Fernandes are being conned. The club is going downhill and they should stop believing all this rubbish about progress. We are signing the wrong players and all those currently involved in buying need to go.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 14:36 - Feb 13 with 1468 viewsbosh67

It feels like all our signings are ‘Category D'.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 14:40 - Feb 13 with 1460 viewsDejR_vu

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 14:11 - Feb 13 by andrew1302

Well Belk cleary does the wrong research unlike Brentford and Brighton equivalents. He did a lot of research on Bonne and suggested we buy at £2m? Come on those at the top this guy needs the sack along with several others who run the club. Ruben and Fernandes are being conned. The club is going downhill and they should stop believing all this rubbish about progress. We are signing the wrong players and all those currently involved in buying need to go.

If his dossiers ignore players' injury records then fair enough. But we don't know and I would be staggered if that wasn't included.

Surely, all he does is the research. I'm sure all of the players that his team researches have flaws, otherwise we wouldn't be able to afford them. It's up to the DoF to decide on the compromises. Ever since that run around Covid where we had virtually no injuries, we seem to have a policy of picking up injury-prone players, presumably believing our medical team is better than anyone else's

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 15:17 - Feb 13 with 1344 viewsHooping_Mad

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:20 - Feb 13 by stevec

So injury prone all his career and we give him a four year contract. Dear god.

Fitting that we’re now looking to do business in Columbia.

Les had 2 years to look at a player from that side of the water, and he offered him a 4 year contract that not one of us could ever rationalize.

Add in the footballing revolution that is Charlie Kelman and I'm giddy like a school girl to see what he's come up with this time.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 15:26 - Feb 13 with 1324 viewsconnell10

Another sulking coward .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 16:24 - Feb 13 with 1207 viewsandrew1302

the bottom line is the club is owned by Ruben and Fernandes and it is reasonable to say that they have not covered themselves in glory . Terrible policy when we went up, they backed off and have watched the club slowly slip to what seems an inevitable League 1 in the next season or so. They need to act like any commercial enterprise and get rid of management that has failed. I really think a big clean out is needed - Les, Belk and Hoos can all go. You would think losing 1.5m a month they would be engaged but they seem to believe that failure is acceptable so long as you talk a good game. I find it very strange that they just sit and watch their investment collapse.
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 16:25 - Feb 13 with 1202 viewscolinallcars

Glass-Salter Injured Again on 10:21 - Feb 13 by Northernr

98 I think he got to in the end, three with a broken collar bone.

C'est exceptionnel !
Glass-Salter Injured Again on 19:26 - Feb 13 with 969 viewsdaveB

Makes the decision to let Masterson leave on loan look ridiculous,, very short now and will probably need to give out another short term deal to fill the gap when we already had players in the building
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024