Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Contract for Martin. 09:41 - Apr 23 with 18939 viewsPaddyhoops

Think he’s done really well for us since coming in .
He’s not particularly mobile but he’s a canny operator and he’s chipped in with with a few goals since he’s come here.
He’s attitude is first class . Worth an another season … possibly.
Contract for Martin. on 13:13 - Apr 23 with 2527 viewsTHEBUSH

if GA wants to keep him, thats ok with me.

Personally, I would keep him for next season, unless we sign someone better ?
Contract for Martin. on 13:49 - Apr 23 with 2427 viewsToast_R

The lad's given his absolute best and you have to commend him for that. I also think his professionalism and leadership attitude may have rubbed off on a few of the other lost souls. Shame he's not 10 years younger. I know most of us thought his signing was a joke but we'd be definitely down without his input. The club should however be looking beyond Chris Martin next season. I'd like to shake his hand and buy him a beer if I met him.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 13:53]
Contract for Martin. on 14:04 - Apr 23 with 2370 viewsnewgolddream

Contract for Martin. on 13:13 - Apr 23 by THEBUSH

Spot on👍
Contract for Martin. on 14:05 - Apr 23 with 2348 viewsNed_Kennedys

Contract for Martin. on 13:13 - Apr 23 by THEBUSH

If we stay up then Chris Martin would have played a large part of it.
If he wants to stay for another season and if the figures are right then I’d definitely give him a 1 year contract.
Contract for Martin. on 14:15 - Apr 23 with 2311 viewsClive_Anderson

A cheap striker with no transfer fee, who is a good professional and actually scores goals.

Seems worth it for +1 year to me.
[Post edited 23 Apr 2023 14:16]
Contract for Martin. on 14:33 - Apr 23 with 2286 viewsPinnerPaul

Opinions - ALL fine BUT we WOULD be down without his goals.
Contract for Martin. on 14:38 - Apr 23 with 2276 viewsMatch82

Contract for Martin. on 12:32 - Apr 23 by LazyFan

Dykes will be sold in the summer as he's in his last year so, very slim chance Dykes will be here next season.

We will be lucky to get £2m for Dykes as he's in his last year and then we shall have to spend that on a couple of players in that position in case one of them is a Jaffa Cake.

Lets hope Mole face will pay way more for Dykes as he's getting desperate at Granger's.

Please avoid using the phrase Jaffa cakes in association with us signing strikers, it makes me think bonne is on his way back
Contract for Martin. on 12:07 - Apr 24 with 2050 viewsBlue_Castello

Contract for Martin. on 14:33 - Apr 23 by PinnerPaul

Opinions - ALL fine BUT we WOULD be down without his goals.

Exactly now in an ideal world we would offload Martin and get two quck versatile strikers who can hit the ground running in the Championship.

Now the problem is we have F all in terms of a budget next season so we can't buy anybody, we will be looking at Free transfers and the bargain basement.

If we are not careful our Analytics team could produce another Mcauley Bonne, that went really well, an absolute waste of money.

So if we have no money just maybe we have to consider giving Martin a 1 year contract on low money, hes slow but very clever and scores goals.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 12:12]
Login to get fewer ads

Contract for Martin. on 12:22 - Apr 24 with 1987 viewsted_hendrix

Great bloke to bring on at about 80 minutes and you need a goal.

But we can't have luxury players just hanging around next season.

I haven't got an answer If I'm honest, maybe pay as you play or some such?

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Contract for Martin. on 14:18 - Apr 24 with 1849 viewsDavieQPR

Whilst I think his enthusiasm has been fantastic he will be 35 in November and it could be one season too many.
Contract for Martin. on 14:24 - Apr 24 with 1835 viewsNorthernr

Guys, come on.
Contract for Martin. on 14:30 - Apr 24 with 1814 viewsQPsyR

Contract for Martin. on 14:24 - Apr 24 by Northernr

Guys, come on.

And I like Martin but no
[Post edited 25 Apr 2023 8:40]

FKA AcidPixie

Contract for Martin. on 14:40 - Apr 24 with 1777 viewsTheChef

Playing devils advocate here but in Martin we do appear to have a striker who scores the occasional goal.

Cut to next season and we'll have signed the fourth incarnation of Conor Washington.

(PLOT TWIST - it IS Conor Washington).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Contract for Martin. on 14:43 - Apr 24 with 1766 viewsdaveB

It's as if we learnt absolutely nothing from Charlie Austin and Albert Adomah if we give Chris Martin a new deal.
Contract for Martin. on 14:44 - Apr 24 with 1760 viewssprocket

If we end up signing Chris Martin on another year's contract that will spell major issues in my opinion. Sinclair has to be a better option and perhaps we might get someone coming thru from B team. A player with the turning speed of the QE2 is not the answer.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 14:44]
Contract for Martin. on 14:56 - Apr 24 with 1718 viewsTheChef

Contract for Martin. on 14:43 - Apr 24 by daveB

It's as if we learnt absolutely nothing from Charlie Austin and Albert Adomah if we give Chris Martin a new deal.

Yeah but both of those were at least two-year deals weren't they? Same as for Johansen. All silly.

Martin I'd offer a one year deal max, or pay as you play.

Look if he stays then I think he will be useful to have around the place, if he doesn't then we move on and hope by some miracle we find a younger vaguely prolific striker (I'm not holding my breath on that one).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Contract for Martin. on 15:25 - Apr 24 with 1624 viewsdaveB

Contract for Martin. on 14:56 - Apr 24 by TheChef

Yeah but both of those were at least two-year deals weren't they? Same as for Johansen. All silly.

Martin I'd offer a one year deal max, or pay as you play.

Look if he stays then I think he will be useful to have around the place, if he doesn't then we move on and hope by some miracle we find a younger vaguely prolific striker (I'm not holding my breath on that one).

any sort of deal proves to be wrong, should have said thank and good luck just as we should to Chris Martin in 2 weeks, I'm pretty sure he'll get another year though especially as he's currently replaced Stef as the club captain
Contract for Martin. on 15:27 - Apr 24 with 1616 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

You can’t bash Les Ferdinand for not producing enough first teamers then demand we give Chris Martin a new deal.

He’d be taking a place from Sinclair Armstrong or Alfie Lloyd.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 15:29]
Contract for Martin. on 15:29 - Apr 24 with 1609 viewsNorthernr

The guy can barely move about. He was a painful watch as a starter against Cov and Norwich. If this thread had been posted a week ago it would have bee laughable. He plays five minutes at Burnley and scores one header off a corner and we're talking about a new contract. He was basically retired in January. Come on guys, this is just same mistakes all over again. The fact he's captain, playing, looks good, in our team, is a damning indictment of us and everything about us, not a reason to latch onto him. He came in to do a very specific job which it seems he has just about done, shake hands, thanks very much, remember his contribution fondly, but you cannot give him another year, the idea is mental.
Contract for Martin. on 15:33 - Apr 24 with 1565 viewsted_hendrix

Contract for Martin. on 15:29 - Apr 24 by Northernr

The guy can barely move about. He was a painful watch as a starter against Cov and Norwich. If this thread had been posted a week ago it would have bee laughable. He plays five minutes at Burnley and scores one header off a corner and we're talking about a new contract. He was basically retired in January. Come on guys, this is just same mistakes all over again. The fact he's captain, playing, looks good, in our team, is a damning indictment of us and everything about us, not a reason to latch onto him. He came in to do a very specific job which it seems he has just about done, shake hands, thanks very much, remember his contribution fondly, but you cannot give him another year, the idea is mental.

Most people are saying no.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Contract for Martin. on 15:39 - Apr 24 with 1523 viewsHAYESBOY

I'd prefer if we started to integrate Koli in the first team. They play him as a 9 but more like a 10 for me when i have seen him play.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Contract for Martin. on 15:44 - Apr 24 with 1504 viewsSuperhoop83

Contract for Martin. on 15:29 - Apr 24 by Northernr

Agree 100%.

I never liked him before he arrived here and thought he was a bit of a weapon. However, I was completely wrong and he has been a model pro, scoring some potentially very valuable goals in the process.

However, he was a complete passenger in the Norwich game (I think he was a bit involved against Coventry) and we simply can't afford to offer contracts to anyone who hasn't got a few seasons ahead of them, whichever division we're playing in.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 15:45]

Suffering since 1978.

Contract for Martin. on 15:49 - Apr 24 with 1494 viewsaston_hoop

I certainly don't think we should offer a contract to him but I think we will. Ainsworth loves him, he mentions this often. He'll want to keep him and generally at QPR its what the manager wants over the clubs long term future.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Contract for Martin. on 15:55 - Apr 24 with 1464 viewsLoyalitat

Contract for Martin. on 14:43 - Apr 24 by daveB

In his short time at the club, he has been of greater value to the club than the Charlie Austin from last season, who is a year younger than Martin.

He's only one league goal behind Austin in far fewer games, has the right attitude, leadership qualities and has proved that he can still contribute at this level. Unlike Charlie, who I recall disrespectfully questioned the signing of Martin when it happened in February on a social media account.

Not sure that I'd sign him up for another season, but I am very grateful for his contributions, on and off the pitch, in a very short period of time.
[Post edited 24 Apr 2023 16:04]
Contract for Martin. on 16:02 - Apr 24 with 1439 viewsdmm

Contract for Martin. on 15:39 - Apr 24 by HAYESBOY

I'd prefer if we started to integrate Koli in the first team. They play him as a 9 but more like a 10 for me when i have seen him play.

Kolli has been training with the first team for some months now though I see he played for the U18s on Saturday and scored. He's only 18 and I think he'll need more development and a loan or two out before we know if he can play for the first team.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024