Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
York booze and food guide 14:26 - Aug 26 with 3735 viewsKnavesmireBob

Big weekend for the city of York - Ebor races and the visit of Dale!

Been a while since our last away fixture over here and during that time the York food and booze scene has evolved loads just like everywhere else, so I thought it might be useful to list a few newer places and some of my favourite off the beaten track pubs and restaurants in case you're making a weekend of it or heading into the city centre before/after the match :

Beer

Traditional real ale pubs - York Tap (at the station), The Maltings, The Swan, The Slip Inn, The Golden Ball, The Rook & Gaskill, The Three Legged Mare, The Eagle & Child, The Duke of York

Modern craft beer/IPA bars - Brew York, Spark York, The Market Cat, House of Trembling Madness (Lendal), Fossgate Tap, Micklegate Social, The Falcon, Pivni, Brew Dog

Wetherspoons - The Postern Gate, The Punch Bowl

Sam Smiths - loads to go at but if the weather's decent The Kings Arms by the river is probably the pick

Live music/gig venue pubs - The Crescent, The Fulford Arms, The York Vaults. And if you need a Manchester indie fix there's always The Stone Roses Bar ;)

Food

Indy street food - Spark York, Brew York, Doner Summer (vegan kebabs)

Indian - Mumbai Lounge, Lal Quila

Italian - Delrios, Cresci Pizzeria

Thai - Khao San Road, Rice Style

Spanish - Ambiente, Tabanco

French - Rustique

North African - Los Moros

Polish - The Blue Barbakan

High end/Michelin guide (in case a potential new owner with deep pockets is lurking on here) - Roots, Skosh, Meltons, Arras, The Rattle Owl, Fish and Forest, The Star Inn The City

Loads more I could list but hopefully plenty to go at here. Sadly whilst the new ground is tidy it's also out of the way in a bland retail park so YCFC fans have taken to drinking in the nearby bowling alley which is hardly full of character.

Looking forward to it, see you all on Monday, up the Dale and down the ale :)
York booze and food guide on 14:31 - Aug 26 with 3708 viewsDorkingDale

...not to mention their trip to sunny Dorks this afternoon
York booze and food guide on 16:31 - Aug 26 with 3590 viewsTomRAFC

Great recommendations.

House Of The Trembling Madness is an excellent pub, with a magnificent/bank account draining bottle shop downstairs.

El Gaucho is good for Argentinian style steak.

Chased away a hangover with breakfast at the Double Dutch Pancake House last time I was there, if anyone is after a change from a fry up.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

York booze and food guide on 18:13 - Aug 26 with 3477 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

At the races back in June so honourable mentions for Enoteca restaurant (Italian) & the Ackhorne, traditional pub for a few hand pump real ales & some serious ciders.
York booze and food guide on 10:29 - Aug 27 with 3231 viewsDorkingDale

Have a great away day everyone.
York booze and food guide on 11:23 - Aug 27 with 3157 viewsEllDale

We’re booked in Caesar’s Italian restaurant by the Minster. Great place.
Will probably be drinking in the Judges Lodgings and Lendal Cellars. Decent beer choice in both places.
York booze and food guide on 12:31 - Aug 27 with 3089 viewspioneer

Is the Wellington On Alma Terrace still going…was my favourite spot for Sam Smiths many years ago.
York booze and food guide on 16:32 - Aug 27 with 2944 viewsKnavesmireBob

York booze and food guide on 12:31 - Aug 27 by pioneer

Is the Wellington On Alma Terrace still going…was my favourite spot for Sam Smiths many years ago.

It is indeed mate, still a cracking pub. Lovely street and part of town too :)
York booze and food guide on 16:52 - Aug 27 with 2909 viewsblackdogblue

Steer clear of Sam Smiths pubs… the old bastard has stopped doing Double Four, upped the strength a bit of Alpine and in so ruined the balance of half & half….

🤬🤬🤬

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Login to get fewer ads

York booze and food guide on 17:19 - Aug 27 with 2875 viewsDaleiLama

Nice guide KB - sadly staying en route tonight so can't take advantage of facilities. What's the best place to park for free round the ground anyone - too tight to pay unless forced to. Ta

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

York booze and food guide on 18:37 - Aug 27 with 2796 viewsKnavesmireBob

York booze and food guide on 17:19 - Aug 27 by DaleiLama

Nice guide KB - sadly staying en route tonight so can't take advantage of facilities. What's the best place to park for free round the ground anyone - too tight to pay unless forced to. Ta

I've not driven up there before on a match day but I expect you'll be fine parking on one of the residential streets in Huntington to the west of the ground and then walking along Jockey Lane. It's a nice enough suburb.
York booze and food guide on 19:27 - Aug 27 with 2722 viewsDaleiLama

York booze and food guide on 18:37 - Aug 27 by KnavesmireBob

I've not driven up there before on a match day but I expect you'll be fine parking on one of the residential streets in Huntington to the west of the ground and then walking along Jockey Lane. It's a nice enough suburb.

Cheers.

York booze and food guide on 11:27 - Sep 1 with 2147 viewsDaleiLama

York booze and food guide on 18:37 - Aug 27 by KnavesmireBob

We bobbed into Next home as we're looking for a new settee and the Mrs wanted some stuff from M&S. Gave us chance to scope out parking. (a) YCFC selling 400 spaces for £5 a pop. (b) Park free for 2 hours an extend it to 6 by spending £5 at one of the retailers on site. Went with option (b) couple of butties and an Eccles cake from M&S and a 5 min walk to the ground. Posting this as a PSA in case we meet them again and the current status quo remains.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024