Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuesdays championship games 20:09 - Dec 12 with 8730 viewsTonto

From Plymouth thread...

Tonight's rooting guide (oh er missus):
Blackburn to beat Brizzle
Preston to beat Huddersfield
West Brom to beat Rotherham
Stoke and Swansea to draw.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Tuesdays championship games on 22:41 - Dec 12 with 2158 viewsDannyPaddox

Tuesdays championship games on 22:19 - Dec 12 by kensalriser

Oh man. So when we win 5-0 tomorrow night and go 18th, we still won't have made up any ground on the top 6. That's my chips well and truly micturated.

Getting out of the bottom 3 and going above Millwall will be Christmas come early. Fear not for your chips, your roast-potatoes, mince pies, sherry trifles, vol-au-vents, pigs in blankets, egg-nogs, indeed all festive delicacies will be free of human waste products - unless you shop at Iceland of course.
Tuesdays championship games on 22:50 - Dec 12 with 2096 viewsManinBlack

I hope you put money on these outcomes as you got four out of four correct.

All I am concerned about is winning tomorrow as these good results for us won't mean much if we bungle it...
Tuesdays championship games on 22:56 - Dec 12 with 2050 viewsqueensparker

Tuesdays championship games on 22:50 - Dec 12 by ManinBlack

All I am concerned about is winning tomorrow as these good results for us won't mean much if we bungle it...

True, but it also won’t be the end of the world if we lose.

Thank fk we decided to win three games in a row when we did, or things would be looking very bleak right now!
Tuesdays championship games on 23:14 - Dec 12 with 1972 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Ipswich caning this league with Luongo at the heart of their midfield. Football, bloody hell.
Tuesdays championship games on 23:18 - Dec 12 with 1963 viewsdaveB

Tuesdays championship games on 22:01 - Dec 12 by stevec

I’d be very surprised if the final top six is anything other than the present top six.

One of them will collapse, my money would be on West Brom to drop out but the bottom half is genuinely dreadful, if we can build on the last 3 games no reason why we can't finish mid table which would be extraordinary given where we were a few weeks ago
Tuesdays championship games on 23:35 - Dec 12 with 1908 viewsqueensparker

Tuesdays championship games on 23:14 - Dec 12 by Wegerles_Stairs

Ipswich caning this league with Luongo at the heart of their midfield. Football, bloody hell.

As everyone who sits around me will attest I’m delighted to see Luongo is finally getting recognised! A limited but very effective player and great in the tackle.

Sam Field who can also play forward
Tuesdays championship games on 23:38 - Dec 12 with 1905 viewsNorthernr

Was always a decent player.

QPR kicking around in midtable with Lynch and Leistner at centre back in front of Lumley, and a strike force of Washington, Sylla and Polter, should have told you Luongo and Freeman were pretty good.
Tuesdays championship games on 00:24 - Dec 13 with 1811 viewsManinBlack

Very impressive record for Ipswich having racked up 16 wins in 21 games. They seem to score in every match which is a good trait to have.
Login to get fewer ads

Tuesdays championship games on 00:42 - Dec 13 with 1783 viewsSydneyRs

Tuesdays championship games on 23:38 - Dec 12 by Northernr

QPR kicking around in midtable with Lynch and Leistner at centre back in front of Lumley, and a strike force of Washington, Sylla and Polter, should have told you Luongo and Freeman were pretty good.

Agree, Luongo has always been decent.

If we are out of the drop zone before Christmas that really is a massive touch. The optimism around the Plymouth game concerns me though, when do we ever win 4 in a row?
Tuesdays championship games on 00:43 - Dec 13 with 1783 viewsDannyPaddox

I’m not even sure if we’ve played Ipswich yet. I seem to have distilled the last knockings of Ainsworth-time as us being below woeful and being walked over by other teams. Such was the perpetual shît-show unfurling the name of the opposition was irrelevant and didn’t register. At a push I remember the throw-in at Leeds. Ah yes we played Watford of course first game and Southampton. Apart from that I haven’t a scooby who we’ve played.

nb: first league home game of season was against Ipswich … lost 1-0 .. stats suggest it was a close game
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 1:17]
Tuesdays championship games on 02:15 - Dec 13 with 1674 viewsBoston

Tuesdays championship games on 22:04 - Dec 12 by DannyPaddox

It could have been a better night … Sunderland beating Leeds 1-0 in some kind of ‘73 Cup Final sealed-knot re-enactment means we won’t make any headway on the top 6. Keeping them in our sights tho … u Rs!

Why, Stokoe got a win that day, only managed a draw last night.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Tuesdays championship games on 06:06 - Dec 13 with 1590 viewsstowmarketrange

Tuesdays championship games on 00:43 - Dec 13 by DannyPaddox

I’m not even sure if we’ve played Ipswich yet. I seem to have distilled the last knockings of Ainsworth-time as us being below woeful and being walked over by other teams. Such was the perpetual shît-show unfurling the name of the opposition was irrelevant and didn’t register. At a push I remember the throw-in at Leeds. Ah yes we played Watford of course first game and Southampton. Apart from that I haven’t a scooby who we’ve played.

nb: first league home game of season was against Ipswich … lost 1-0 .. stats suggest it was a close game
[Post edited 13 Dec 2023 1:17]

It was a close game until they scored the winner.We deserved at least a point from the game but we were undone by a quality finish from a player we should’ve bought from Barnsley.
It will be a tougher test up here in a couple of weeks time though,but they do concede early goals,so there is hope.
Tuesdays championship games on 06:57 - Dec 13 with 1523 viewsPaddyhoops

Huge opportunity tonight and Saturday to get out of the drop zone . The way we are playing at the moment suggests we will .
I noticed on Saturday when the 7 minutes extra time went up a silence came over the stadium. That suggests we’re not entirely convinced .
We know what this group are capable of and it hasn’t been too good in the past.
Still the transformation under Marti been outstanding . We’ll have some setbacks but I expect a lot more good days that bad ones.
Tuesdays championship games on 08:14 - Dec 13 with 1407 viewsstevec

Tuesdays championship games on 22:27 - Dec 12 by Northernr

A fortnight ago you, and I, would have said the same about the bottom four.

True.

Gave me hope watching Swansea at Stoke last night. Half way up the league and yet they were pitiful.

The top six comment was based on looking down from 7th. A plethora of moderate sides, any one of which could crumble in the second half of this season.

Our capacity for cocking things up is legendary but if we can stay up, be free of season 21/22 losses, and have last years promoted sides take the drop back down again, this league could look as good as it ever will for a team like ours if it finally gets its act together.
Tuesdays championship games on 08:52 - Dec 13 with 1321 viewsSpaceman_P

Look guys, i think although things are going well. We have to all basically say this.

IF WE STAY UP, this is what counts, cos 5 weeks ago, we were dead certs to be relegated.

I'll be happy if we stay up. I hope we can get into the top half of the league, but we're QPR ultimately guys!!!
Tuesdays championship games on 08:54 - Dec 13 with 1306 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Tuesdays championship games on 23:38 - Dec 12 by Northernr

Always thought he was decent enough for us, though travelling to play for Australia affected his performances sometimes. Still find it astonishing that a 31-year-old Luongo, after an underwhelming spell with Wednesday, is at the heart of an Ipswich team playing this league in cheat mode. 51 points already!
Tuesdays championship games on 09:12 - Dec 13 with 1261 viewsTonto

Tuesdays championship games on 22:50 - Dec 12 by ManinBlack

It was a rooting guide rather than predictions. But if I did gamble I could have made a few quid! More likley inwould have jinxed it!

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Tuesdays championship games on 09:22 - Dec 13 with 1229 viewsloftus77

You kind of think they will still tail off though, as the parachute payment-monsters take control in the 2nd half of the season with their larger monied squads. Hope I'm wrong - they've done superbly.
Tuesdays championship games on 09:25 - Dec 13 with 1218 viewslassel

Tuesdays championship games on 22:27 - Dec 12 by Northernr

A fortnight ago you, and I, would have said the same about the bottom four.

At the risk of being a miserable bastard, does anyone really expect it to be anything other than 3 from Sheff Wed, Rotherham, QPR, Huddersfield and Plymouth?
Tuesdays championship games on 09:35 - Dec 13 with 1159 viewsHayesender

Tuesdays championship games on 09:25 - Dec 13 by lassel

At the risk of being a miserable bastard, does anyone really expect it to be anything other than 3 from Sheff Wed, Rotherham, QPR, Huddersfield and Plymouth?

Add Stoke and Millwall to that list

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Tuesdays championship games on 09:40 - Dec 13 with 1141 viewsactonman

Not wanting to p!ss on everyone’s chips but whenever we all get a bit excited and have a couple of winnable games lined up ….. well you know what happens !
Tuesdays championship games on 09:55 - Dec 13 with 1084 viewsTK1

There are nine teams in it currently. Just look at the table and the form. Stoke, Birmingham and Millwall are in freefall, Swansea are flapping around without a manager or any real identity now. Stoke don't have a manager, nor do Swansea, and Birmingham and Millwall look to have made appointments that have made their teams substantially worse. It's all to play for.
From what I've seen so far, there are at least six to eight teams worse than Rangers. Can't believe we pissed away the first quarter of the season and quite a few games we'd have won with a different mindset and set-up.
Tuesdays championship games on 09:58 - Dec 13 with 1070 viewsloftus77

Still thinking Birmingham, and maybe Swansea if they get the new appointment wrong - as Birmingham clearly have...
Tuesdays championship games on 10:03 - Dec 13 with 1049 viewsLanhoop

Last 6 matches

Rotherham and Stoke - 2 points each
Milwall - 4 points
Birmingham and Brizzle - 5 points
Huddersfield and Swansea - 6 points

Our 11 points against that looks very handy.
Tuesdays championship games on 13:39 - Dec 13 with 813 viewsnix

Tuesdays championship games on 09:55 - Dec 13 by TK1

There are nine teams in it currently. Just look at the table and the form. Stoke, Birmingham and Millwall are in freefall, Swansea are flapping around without a manager or any real identity now. Stoke don't have a manager, nor do Swansea, and Birmingham and Millwall look to have made appointments that have made their teams substantially worse. It's all to play for.
From what I've seen so far, there are at least six to eight teams worse than Rangers. Can't believe we pissed away the first quarter of the season and quite a few games we'd have won with a different mindset and set-up.

Absolutely! Way too early to call. Anyone having a bad run can find themselves in the poo!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024