Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oldham fined and warned 18:59 - Dec 20 with 3948 viewsEllDale

Hit with a £5k fine by the NL after the pitch invasion at Chesterfield.
I wonder if they face further charges following their fans behaviour at the COA?
Allegations of racist comments remember.
And they were on the pitch again at Solihull last weekend.
Oldham fined and warned on 20:38 - Dec 20 with 3764 viewsforeverhopefulDale

In view of the fact that most if not all clubs are struggling financially, would it not be better if such punishment is given as points deducted rather than fines.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2023 20:39]

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Oldham fined and warned on 22:50 - Dec 20 with 3581 views100569

Oldham fined and warned on 20:38 - Dec 20 by foreverhopefulDale

In view of the fact that most if not all clubs are struggling financially, would it not be better if such punishment is given as points deducted rather than fines.

Agree.....excellent idea.
Oldham fined and warned on 08:22 - Dec 21 with 3328 viewsnordenblue

Oldham fined and warned on 20:38 - Dec 20 by foreverhopefulDale

While I agree with you, dont clubs actually earn less money for finishing further down the table so in reality may actually cost them more financially using a points deduction rather than the fine, league/fine dependant etc...
Oldham fined and warned on 09:31 - Dec 21 with 3232 viewsturnthescrew

Oldham fined and warned on 08:22 - Dec 21 by nordenblue

While I agree with you, dont clubs actually earn less money for finishing further down the table so in reality may actually cost them more financially using a points deduction rather than the fine, league/fine dependant etc...

Even better.
Oldham fined and warned on 10:05 - Dec 21 with 3172 viewsHorton_Mouse

Fans may also think twice about causing a disturbance if its going to hit their league position. Fines don't hurt fans, just the club.
Oldham fined and warned on 13:48 - Dec 21 with 2955 viewsforeverhopefulDale

Oldham fined and warned on 10:05 - Dec 21 by Horton_Mouse

Fans may also think twice about causing a disturbance if its going to hit their league position. Fines don't hurt fans, just the club.

That's exactly my feeling. Fans rivalry with others is more about their team's position than their club's bank balance, though it must be said that the average moron who causes trouble in a ground probably don't have enough sense to think about possible implications of their actions. Something has to be done to stop the potentially dangerous actions outlined in the op, and negative effects on a match that's taking place. It's likely that such actions have effected results in some way, potentially stopping a move on the pitch that might have led to a goal. We don't want authorities to consider bringing back fences. Also such actions lead to host clubs having to increase their security costs, eating into the income of the club.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Oldham fined and warned on 18:04 - Dec 21 with 2709 viewsdalefertcup2

A chap with a rifle at the side would probably be most effective.
Oldham fined and warned on 18:29 - Dec 21 with 2675 viewsDale_4_Life

They used to be tremendous fans Oldham, most probably still are.

The knob head contingent was certainly out in force when we played last at Spotland i still cringe at the useless stewards in that stand that day.
Login to get fewer ads

Oldham fined and warned on 16:17 - Dec 27 with 2110 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Oldham fined and warned on 18:29 - Dec 21 by Dale_4_Life

The knob head contingent was certainly out in force when we played last at Spotland i still cringe at the useless stewards in that stand that day.

They’ll always be BIFFOs to me 👍🏻
Oldham fined and warned on 16:17 - Dec 27 with 2110 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Oldham fined and warned on 18:29 - Dec 21 by Dale_4_Life

[Post edited 27 Dec 2023 16:18]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024