Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Saving money… 13:57 - Jan 7 with 2821 viewsPlattyswrinklynuts

Having a chat with a few of the lads at HT yesterday & the subject of the Willbutts stand came up. It was open yesterday for less than 200 Kidderminster fans. Surely they could have been accommodated in the end block of the Pearl st?
For next season a couple of ideas were floated-
1- close the Pearl st completely next season. Existing season ticket holders could transfer into the main stand for a 1 season discounted price or obviously transfer to the Sandy if they wished. Make the Willbutts half home / half away with pay on the day only for home fans so the stand could be altered if there was a large away following
2- close the Willbutts completely & have a similar arrangement as above put in place for the Pearl st stand. Basically the consensus was that with our crowds & away followings in this league 4 stands open just isn’t necessary (unless playing the Biffos of course).
Thoughts?

Saving money… on 14:24 - Jan 7 with 2727 viewssxdale

Makes sense to close down the Willbuts for the time being. The only issue I can see is the segregation of fans for the refreshments and the toilets in the Pearl Street.
Closing the Pearl Street would need a bit of thought you could have away fans nearest the Sandy using the Willbuts facilities and allow home fans to access Studds.
Saving money… on 15:34 - Jan 7 with 2560 viewsDalenet

I think it a bit disrespectful to the Pearl St season ticket holders that were asked to move this season to keep the end block empty for away fans and then hardly use it.

Having said that, police were with Kidderminster fans yesterday...may have been their police....so perhaps they have had issues and it wasn't considered safe to have them in the Pearl Street. Didn't see any issues though so surprised that police were there at all.
[Post edited 7 Jan 17:20]
Saving money… on 16:32 - Jan 7 with 2424 viewsEllDale

To be honest I’d accepted that the Willbutts Lane stand would be mothballed this season for all bar a few games.
I think that when Bromley came their fans were housed in the Pearl Street end so provision must have been made then for adequate refreshment and toilet facilities.
It would certainly make sense for when the likes of Oxford City and Borehamwood visit to house them elsewhere. In fact the only club still to visit who may bring a reasonable following are Hartlepool.
Unless there’s a playoff game…….sorry FGs, I shouldn’t be so presumptuous.
Saving money… on 19:27 - Jan 7 with 2189 viewsTVOS1907

Saving money… on 16:32 - Jan 7 by EllDale

To be honest I’d accepted that the Willbutts Lane stand would be mothballed this season for all bar a few games.
I think that when Bromley came their fans were housed in the Pearl Street end so provision must have been made then for adequate refreshment and toilet facilities.
It would certainly make sense for when the likes of Oxford City and Borehamwood visit to house them elsewhere. In fact the only club still to visit who may bring a reasonable following are Hartlepool.
Unless there’s a playoff game…….sorry FGs, I shouldn’t be so presumptuous.

Gateshead fans were also in Pearl Street when we played them in the league.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Saving money… on 21:06 - Jan 7 with 2005 viewsEllDale

If we’re looking for a windfall this is as optimistic as it gets but…..
Aaron Morley made his 100th Bolton appearance this afternoon. Is there the slightest chance that this triggers an add-on payment?
Saving money… on 21:43 - Jan 7 with 1940 viewsD_Alien

Saving money… on 21:06 - Jan 7 by EllDale

Aaron Morley made his 100th Bolton appearance this afternoon. Is there the slightest chance that this triggers an add-on payment?

If there is, and in terms of a windfall, i suspect it'll be nobbut much more than a fart

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Saving money… on 11:10 - Jan 9 with 1307 viewsDaleFan7

Saving money… on 21:06 - Jan 7 by EllDale

They're currently 2nd with 2 games in hand of top. Surely we've got some sort of promotion add-on so let's hope they keep it up
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024