Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Last time we took someone else's manager 13:06 - Jan 29 with 1576 viewspioneer

Of the top of my head I cannot think of the last time we actually took another league team's manager.

Seems that we have either promoted from within or taken blokes who were not in a FL managerial position at the time.

I might be missing some obvious cases - any ideas?
Last time we took someone else's manager on 13:08 - Jan 29 with 1565 viewsSuddenLad

Parkin from Mansfield.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Last time we took someone else's manager on 16:32 - Jan 29 with 1422 viewsmacro

there's been times under barrow and simpson that someone would come along and take ours!
Last time we took someone else's manager on 16:48 - Jan 29 with 1392 viewsblackpoolcol

Parkin defo left Mansfield to come to us, before that I would think the last one we would have "poached" was Vic Halom from Barrow(?).

With my little stick of Blackpool Rock, along the promenade I'll stroll

Last time we took someone else's manager on 21:13 - Jan 29 with 1246 viewsBeechball

Last time we took someone else's manager on 16:48 - Jan 29 by blackpoolcol

Parkin defo left Mansfield to come to us, before that I would think the last one we would have "poached" was Vic Halom from Barrow(?).

Yes it was Barrow. Wasn't Parkin on the staff at Notts County when we got him second time round ?
Last time we took someone else's manager on 21:45 - Jan 29 with 1215 viewsluckystrike

Last time we took someone else's manager on 21:13 - Jan 29 by Beechball

Yes it was Barrow. Wasn't Parkin on the staff at Notts County when we got him second time round ?

back room staff
Last time we took someone else's manager on 21:58 - Jan 29 with 1187 viewsmizfit

parkin was free agent second time round
Last time we took someone else's manager on 22:32 - Jan 29 with 1171 viewsR17ALE

Parkin in his first spell was deffo the last time we poached a manager. It was 1999 I think.

Without going into it in too much detail, there had been a lot of bad blood between their Chairman and our Chairman over the Steve Whitehall transfer, and Parkin also couldn't abide Haslam, so a deal was constructed which purposefully shafted Mansfield and Haslam, who was so disliked in football, it prompted one eminent person to say me once, "I hope his dogs die on Christmas Day".

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Last time we took someone else's manager on 02:50 - Jan 30 with 1107 viewspioneer

Barrow were not a FL side at the time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024