Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players out? 23:53 - Jan 22 with 3305 viewsrochdale1987

Who do we think Hilly will get rid of? I think Donnelly and Cav are most likely to be on their way. Cav i'd keep as a second choice right back though.
Players out? on 00:08 - Jan 23 with 3270 viewsJorDale

a lot of players are going to get found out these next 2 weeks!
cav will go
Players out? on 00:21 - Jan 23 with 3239 viewsRoChDaLe

cant see donnelly leaving just yet, he has pace and looks like hes quite strong, i think even though it gets to the point you think has he ever played football before.. i think he can offer us a bit of the bench at least and plus he wont be on massive wage considering the step up from lower league

how is anthony elding still in league one?

Players out? on 08:43 - Jan 23 with 3080 viewsoddjob007

Players out? on 00:21 - Jan 23 by RoChDaLe

cant see donnelly leaving just yet, he has pace and looks like hes quite strong, i think even though it gets to the point you think has he ever played football before.. i think he can offer us a bit of the bench at least and plus he wont be on massive wage considering the step up from lower league

I think Hill will have made his mind up very quickly and his teamsheet on Friday will be very interesting - he's not take on a winning side and should be able to tell right away where the problems lie.

The treatment of 'JCs boys' Cav/P. Edwards/McIntyre/Adebola will be interesting to see - can maybe see 1/2 of those seeing out the season with us.

I would like to think the likes of Rafferty, Donnelly, Bennett, Gray will be given a chance.
Players out? on 09:12 - Jan 23 with 3029 viewsfitzochris

I think Hilly might surprise us in terms of the players he uses. Remember, players we thought were surplus to requirements first time round under Parkin suddenly became world-beaters under Hill (well, not quite, but you get my meaning).

Cav, latterly, has played really well and he is club captain. He might well be one of JC's boys, but I expect Hill will treat him fairly. To just come in and strip him of the title would be bad business.
The likes of McIntyre I'm not so sure about. Bobby Grant (racism inquiry aside) might well be in the JC brigade too, but at leas he's worked with Hilly before.

I think the priority here will be who Hilly brings in on loan, as opposed to which of the current squad he uses. We desperately need a centre half and, if Hilly wants to play the Hilly way, we need wingers too.

I trust Hilly implicitly to bring the right players in for these roles.

My only fear is what happens in summer, if he gets a better offer. Another period of instability frightens the bejesus out of me.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Players out? on 09:32 - Jan 23 with 2973 viewsThacks_Rabbits

Players out? on 09:12 - Jan 23 by fitzochris

I think Hilly might surprise us in terms of the players he uses. Remember, players we thought were surplus to requirements first time round under Parkin suddenly became world-beaters under Hill (well, not quite, but you get my meaning).

Cav, latterly, has played really well and he is club captain. He might well be one of JC's boys, but I expect Hill will treat him fairly. To just come in and strip him of the title would be bad business.
The likes of McIntyre I'm not so sure about. Bobby Grant (racism inquiry aside) might well be in the JC brigade too, but at leas he's worked with Hilly before.

I think the priority here will be who Hilly brings in on loan, as opposed to which of the current squad he uses. We desperately need a centre half and, if Hilly wants to play the Hilly way, we need wingers too.

I trust Hilly implicitly to bring the right players in for these roles.

My only fear is what happens in summer, if he gets a better offer. Another period of instability frightens the bejesus out of me.

Would not suprise me at all if K.H. trys to convert battered, mud stained and broken toy G.D. into an out and out winger - probably nearest thing we have to one atm.

On another note Ray Putterrill came on as sub for Hyde last night - not sure how he got on yet but he has signed there - not sure if mentioned elsewhere.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Players out? on 09:34 - Jan 23 with 2966 viewsjudd

Players out? on 09:32 - Jan 23 by Thacks_Rabbits

Would not suprise me at all if K.H. trys to convert battered, mud stained and broken toy G.D. into an out and out winger - probably nearest thing we have to one atm.

On another note Ray Putterrill came on as sub for Hyde last night - not sure how he got on yet but he has signed there - not sure if mentioned elsewhere.

I'd imagine he walked, perhaps maybe jogged on.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Players out? on 10:00 - Jan 23 with 2880 viewsMoonyDale

What's the betting that Adebola will be used as Cog was, out just to the left of a front two. Always thought he could play that role....

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Players out? on 10:10 - Jan 23 with 2843 viewsSuddenLad

I wouldn't rule COG returning 'on-loan' if the circumstances were right for all concerned.

After yesterday, I'll believe anything is possible.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Login to get fewer ads

Players out? on 10:15 - Jan 23 with 2821 viewssweetcorn

Can see McIntyre going for sure. He's gone from a bright start to our worst regular player in my opinion.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Players out? on 10:35 - Jan 23 with 2767 viewsSuddenLad

It might well be that we are yet to see the best of some our players. It could be argued that many of them have been wrongly deployed whilst they have been here and the blinkered selections of the previous manager haven't done them any favours.

Who knows what KH will see in individual players that hasn't yet been used to its' best. Apart from anything else, there will be no place for shirkers however good they (think they) are.

It will be nice to see us scoring - and winning games again - in the last 10 minutes of a match. Some will soon be working harder than they ever have before.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Players out? on 10:46 - Jan 23 with 2730 viewsheywooddale

Players out? on 10:15 - Jan 23 by sweetcorn

Can see McIntyre going for sure. He's gone from a bright start to our worst regular player in my opinion.

Am I the only one that thinks McIntyre might be safe, due to the fact he is our only recognised Left back? Signings not withstanding
Players out? on 10:56 - Jan 23 with 2687 viewslurker

Some of our current crop will definitely have to change their diets when away from the training pitch, that is for damn sure!

I would bet that the sports science side of things will suddenly become affordable now that KH is back, meaning that the weekend Minstrel and Dominos binges will be flagged up by Prozone!!
Players out? on 11:01 - Jan 23 with 2656 viewsoddjob007

Players out? on 10:46 - Jan 23 by heywooddale

Am I the only one that thinks McIntyre might be safe, due to the fact he is our only recognised Left back? Signings not withstanding

Left back seems to be a problem area for us.. remember when Parkin was re-appointed and we had about 153 left backs that season?

Simpkins.. Shaun Smith?.. Stephen Hill? A player called Pemberton who injured himself on his debut? Ashley Proberts? Tony Gallimore? Have i got a couple of seasons confused here?! Anyone care to continue..
Players out? on 11:13 - Jan 23 with 2621 viewsToffeemanc

Players out? on 10:46 - Jan 23 by heywooddale

I also think McIntyre is likely to be safe in the short term at least, for the reasons you state. As others have commented though we may not have seen the best of some players due to the roles they were being asked to perform.
If Hilly goes with 4-4-2 with wingers and overlapping fullbacks like we had with Wiseman and TK then I think we may see better performances from McIntyre. With regards to Donnelly (a real broken toy for Hilly to play with) I think we may see him employed as a winger initially. Also if Hilly does go 4-4-2 can see Grant in the wide left role leaving Grimes with Gornell/Adebola as the front two.
Cavanagh is likely to be a problem for Hill because I don't see him fitting in a midfield 2 and he doesn't seem to be good enough at right back either. As Cavanagh is currently club captain and one of JC's boys this will be a dilemma for Hill as leaving him out would risk upsetting the dressing room.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Players out? on 11:22 - Jan 23 with 2598 viewsBeechball

Players out? on 00:21 - Jan 23 by RoChDaLe

If Hilly manages to turn Donnelly into an asset that will surpass all his other achievements !
Players out? (n/t) on 11:45 - Jan 23 with 2530 viewsoff2div1

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Players out? on 21:01 - Jan 23 with 2191 views442Dale

Noticed that Curran was on twitter earlier thanking Chester after his spell there, so that's yet another forward back.

Even forgetting that we need new players, we've still far too many who won't be involved.

If Hill wants a natural wide man, an alternative the often mentioned Done would be Etuhu. Jim McNulty is another Barnsley alternative at the back, Hill wanted him here two years ago and he's in and out at Oakwell and far from popular.

Jason Taylor would be the best recruit should JK leave. Yes he's played a lot at Rotherham, but they will be looking to move some on if they want new faces. Squad is far too big. Loan deal til May would be best as wages might be an issue.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024