Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good performance, wrong result 22:20 - Mar 19 with 4354 viewsMoonyDale

Very pleased with the lads tonight, a lot of good passing football played and they were second best by some way. Apart from 15 minutes at the start of the second half we were comfortably the better team. A wonder goal from Georgie (the dogs bollox) Donnely and a great MOTM showing from Edwards, Cav played a blinder and broke their play up well. Grimes was as infuriating as ever when he came on but all in all I left the ground upset we didn't take all the points when before the game I would have settled for the point. Couldn't tell if the subbing of Henderson was tactical or through injury, but thought it was strange at the time. More of the same Saturday please...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Good performance, wrong result on 22:30 - Mar 19 with 3537 viewsTVOS1907

Talking of substitutions, Allen's actually made Gillingham worse.

His son needs to find a new career; with his appearance, a spell in an 80s tribute band might be his calling.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Good performance, wrong result on 22:32 - Mar 19 with 3492 viewscy74

Good performance, wrong result on 22:30 - Mar 19 by TVOS1907

His son needs to find a new career; with his appearance, a spell in an 80s tribute band might be his calling.

Just adds to the many examples of nepotism

Bruce and Bruce
Sturrock and Sturrock
Wasn't a Dalglish at Liverpool for a while when Kenny was there as well
Good performance, wrong result on 22:33 - Mar 19 with 3487 views442Dale

Good performance, wrong result on 22:30 - Mar 19 by TVOS1907

His son has always been sh!t. Amazed Allen continues to take him to clubs and shoehorn him into the side.

Kedwell was far from happy at being subbed too. It really does show how limited this division is that someone like Allen is managing the side that's likely to win the title.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Good performance, wrong result on 23:08 - Mar 19 with 3390 viewssweetcorn

Very happy with that performance. We deserved all 3. We were unlucky in that final third, with not alot happening for us.

Rose is so so left footed it's untrue, thompson played okay today and considered taking players on, not alot worked out for henderson, same could be said for grimes. Edwards was outstanding choice for man of the match, played excellently, would like him to stay next season, cav had a decent return, spoiling the play.

Grimes time at dale has come to an end now, he just doesn't appear to have that desire to play for us and I won't be sad to see him go.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Good performance, wrong result on 09:45 - Mar 20 with 3205 viewsRAFC1907

Rochdale bossed the game for the majority last night, plenty of passing and movement, and we looked alot fitter than a Gillingham side top of the league.

Theres one reason he takes his son and its obvious...he has a career that pays good money.

They had a right go at each other at one point, I was thinking mad dog will be having words later.

Anyway plenty of encouragement from the team, if we play like that every game id be very happy.

Poll: Bottomley...

Good performance, wrong result on 10:21 - Mar 20 with 3155 viewsMoonyDale

We didn't seem to miss Bennett last night which was a bonus, looking forward to Saturday now and hoping for a bigger crowd.

Good performance, wrong result on 10:23 - Mar 20 with 3148 viewsjudd

Good performance, wrong result on 10:21 - Mar 20 by MoonyDale

We didn't seem to miss Bennett last night which was a bonus, looking forward to Saturday now and hoping for a bigger crowd.

As well as Rose played, as others have said, so one footed it was untrue.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Good performance, wrong result on 11:58 - Mar 20 with 3043 viewsolympicdale

Good performance, wrong result on 23:08 - Mar 19 by sweetcorn

Very happy with that performance. We deserved all 3. We were unlucky in that final third, with not alot happening for us.

Rose is so so left footed it's untrue, thompson played okay today and considered taking players on, not alot worked out for henderson, same could be said for grimes. Edwards was outstanding choice for man of the match, played excellently, would like him to stay next season, cav had a decent return, spoiling the play.

Grimes time at dale has come to an end now, he just doesn't appear to have that desire to play for us and I won't be sad to see him go.

Cavanagh was everywhere last night, a real terrier, him an JK owned that midfield.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Good performance, wrong result on 12:02 - Mar 20 with 3040 viewsdingdangblue

Good performance, wrong result on 10:23 - Mar 20 by judd

As well as Rose played, as others have said, so one footed it was untrue.

Reminded me of this performance

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Good performance, wrong result on 12:52 - Mar 20 with 2945 viewsolympicdale

Good performance, wrong result on 12:02 - Mar 20 by dingdangblue

Reminded me of this performance

Life is a game of fate.

Good performance, wrong result on 13:06 - Mar 20 with 2933 viewsfirgrovedale51

Good performance, wrong result on 23:08 - Mar 19 by sweetcorn

Thought Grimes did well when he came on considering he was played out of position
Good performance, wrong result on 13:16 - Mar 20 with 2912 viewsolympicdale

Good performance, wrong result on 13:06 - Mar 20 by firgrovedale51

Thought Grimes did well when he came on considering he was played out of position

as has been the case for 2 years..

Life is a game of fate.

Good performance, wrong result on 13:28 - Mar 20 with 2896 viewsdingdangblue

Good performance, wrong result on 13:06 - Mar 20 by firgrovedale51

Out of position? Rochdale instead of Rotherham?

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Good performance, wrong result on 14:29 - Mar 20 with 2826 viewsChaffRAFC

Ventured into the Main Stand last night and got a much better view than I usually do stood in the Sandy.

Firstly, Phil Edwards was outstanding throughout but he wasn't the only one because for me, Peter Cavanagh was our Man of the Match and had a tremendous game. I only recall him giving the ball away a couple of times and he broke up their attacks nearly every time they got near the final third. Edwards took the MOM and he did have a belting game but Cavanagh was equally deserving.

On the subject of Joey Thompson, and this may come across as me being anti-Joey, but I'm only calling what I see, he's unbelievably frustrating to watch. Last night, first half especially, when Rose was looking for a simple ball down the line, Joey's first instinct was to head long and look for a ball over the top. He also got into lots of crossing positions but then decided to try and take on one more man and got tackled. Yes, he needs to be looking to take players on but I don't think he got past his marker all night and he missed the opportunity to get decent enough balls into the box. Also thought he drifted out of the game in the second half like Henderson and it was screaming out for an impact sub like Haworth. For me, he didn't have a good game.

George Donnelly looks like a changed man under Keith Hill. The faith Hilly has put in him has increased his confidence no-end and he's looking like the player we thought we were getting when we bought him. Very impressive again tonight.

We played very well last night without getting the full reward for doing so against the side at the top of the league. If we can produce more performances like that then we'll be absolutely fine.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Good performance, wrong result on 14:33 - Mar 20 with 2819 viewsjudd

Good performance, wrong result on 14:29 - Mar 20 by ChaffRAFC

Ventured into the Main Stand last night and got a much better view than I usually do stood in the Sandy.

Firstly, Phil Edwards was outstanding throughout but he wasn't the only one because for me, Peter Cavanagh was our Man of the Match and had a tremendous game. I only recall him giving the ball away a couple of times and he broke up their attacks nearly every time they got near the final third. Edwards took the MOM and he did have a belting game but Cavanagh was equally deserving.

On the subject of Joey Thompson, and this may come across as me being anti-Joey, but I'm only calling what I see, he's unbelievably frustrating to watch. Last night, first half especially, when Rose was looking for a simple ball down the line, Joey's first instinct was to head long and look for a ball over the top. He also got into lots of crossing positions but then decided to try and take on one more man and got tackled. Yes, he needs to be looking to take players on but I don't think he got past his marker all night and he missed the opportunity to get decent enough balls into the box. Also thought he drifted out of the game in the second half like Henderson and it was screaming out for an impact sub like Haworth. For me, he didn't have a good game.

George Donnelly looks like a changed man under Keith Hill. The faith Hilly has put in him has increased his confidence no-end and he's looking like the player we thought we were getting when we bought him. Very impressive again tonight.

We played very well last night without getting the full reward for doing so against the side at the top of the league. If we can produce more performances like that then we'll be absolutely fine.

Did you have a good view of the sending off offence Chaff?

Poll: What is it to be then?

Good performance, wrong result on 15:07 - Mar 20 with 2785 viewsChaffRAFC

Good performance, wrong result on 14:33 - Mar 20 by judd

Did you have a good view of the sending off offence Chaff?

I thought so. Donnelly goes charging around having lost the ball and clatters one of their lads and they took exception to it, the culprit then goes up to Bobby Grant and nuts him as clear as day. Normally you'd say Grant would just go down like Putterill did against Barnsley but this, to me, looked like a full on headbutt.

Good performance, wrong result on 15:11 - Mar 20 with 2777 viewsMoonyDale

Good performance, wrong result on 15:07 - Mar 20 by ChaffRAFC

I thought so. Donnelly goes charging around having lost the ball and clatters one of their lads and they took exception to it, the culprit then goes up to Bobby Grant and nuts him as clear as day. Normally you'd say Grant would just go down like Putterill did against Barnsley but this, to me, looked like a full on headbutt.

Will be interesting to see the replay of this, we couldn't see that well from the Sandy...

Good performance, wrong result on 15:19 - Mar 20 with 2764 viewsChaffRAFC

Good performance, wrong result on 15:11 - Mar 20 by MoonyDale

Will be interesting to see the replay of this, we couldn't see that well from the Sandy...

Just watched it back as it happens and it's not as clear as I thought it was. At the time I thought it was a clear headbutt but it may not have been so. Their lad definitely jerked towards Grant but it was more with his chest it looks like. It could well be that he went to nut him and suddenly backed out, either way Grant's been struck by him and gone down holding his face. It's a definite red card but maybe Grant made more of it than it was.

Good performance, wrong result on 15:50 - Mar 20 with 2712 viewsandyk

Just seen their equaliser on SSN and Cav pointing to a player as the player runs into the box to say, 'someone mark him'. cav stands still on the edge of the box marking no one
Good performance, wrong result on 16:13 - Mar 20 with 2685 viewsChaffRAFC

Good performance, wrong result on 15:50 - Mar 20 by andyk

Just seen their equaliser on SSN and Cav pointing to a player as the player runs into the box to say, 'someone mark him'. cav stands still on the edge of the box marking no one

Nah, watch it closer. First of all Kevin McIntyre is completely out of position, stood next to Cavanagh as the ball goes out wide right to where McIntyre should have been so Sherrif goes out to deal with him. Cavanagh sits on the edge of the box as McIntyre sits in at centre back and Cavanagh is pointing for McIntyre to mark Antonio German who is heading into the box. The ball comes in and Phil Edwards is out-muscled by Kedwell who heads home from 6 yards between Lillis' legs.

The mistake for the goal for me is McIntyre being out of position, allowing the ball to go out wide where Cansdell-Sherrif has to go out to try and stop the cross.

Edit - Cavanagh doesn't need to mark anyone in that position because the two strikers in the box are being marked by McIntyre and Edwards with Joey Thompson as an extra defender while Cav sits in front of them. Not down to Cav that Edwards gets out-muscled.

Good performance, wrong result on 17:48 - Mar 20 with 2603 viewsolympicdale

Good performance, wrong result on 16:13 - Mar 20 by ChaffRAFC

Nah, watch it closer. First of all Kevin McIntyre is completely out of position, stood next to Cavanagh as the ball goes out wide right to where McIntyre should have been so Sherrif goes out to deal with him. Cavanagh sits on the edge of the box as McIntyre sits in at centre back and Cavanagh is pointing for McIntyre to mark Antonio German who is heading into the box. The ball comes in and Phil Edwards is out-muscled by Kedwell who heads home from 6 yards between Lillis' legs.

The mistake for the goal for me is McIntyre being out of position, allowing the ball to go out wide where Cansdell-Sherrif has to go out to try and stop the cross.

Edit - Cavanagh doesn't need to mark anyone in that position because the two strikers in the box are being marked by McIntyre and Edwards with Joey Thompson as an extra defender while Cav sits in front of them. Not down to Cav that Edwards gets out-muscled.

I haven't seen the replays yet of the equaliser, but at the time it seemed to me that Lillis could have come out and made an attempt at trying to gather the ball.

Life is a game of fate.

Good performance, wrong result on 18:24 - Mar 20 with 2563 viewsisitme

I thought it was Rose that got out muscled for the goal?
Good performance, wrong result on 19:18 - Mar 20 with 2515 views442Dale

Good performance, wrong result on 17:48 - Mar 20 by olympicdale

I haven't seen the replays yet of the equaliser, but at the time it seemed to me that Lillis could have come out and made an attempt at trying to gather the ball.

Not a chance. Best cross this season.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Good performance, wrong result on 19:36 - Mar 20 with 2497 viewsolympicdale

Good performance, wrong result on 19:18 - Mar 20 by 442Dale

Not a chance. Best cross this season.

okay, as i said i haven't seen it again, and it was a cracking ball in. It's just a shame our only real lapse in concentration led to a goal, but thats what happens against the league leaders.

Life is a game of fate.

Good performance, wrong result on 19:42 - Mar 20 with 2483 viewsfirgrovedale51

Good performance, wrong result on 13:28 - Mar 20 by dingdangblue

Out of position? Rochdale instead of Rotherham?

Funny as toothache
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024