Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thomson signs 12:15 - Jul 26 with 4922 viewsjimmysbaldhead

1 year deal, happy with that.

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/thomson-agrees-945909.aspx
Thomson signs on 12:22 - Jul 26 with 4888 viewsMattbdale

Good stuff

This should provide good competition for Lillis and allow Collis to concentrate on the coaching of them both.

Happy with this

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomson signs on 12:31 - Jul 26 with 4850 viewselectricblue

Excellent and i can see him challenging for the number 1 jersey aswell..
Even though its a 12month deal, isnt lillis in the last 12months of his contract.
If thomson makes good progress he may well be the first choice come the 2014/15 season....

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Thomson signs on 12:36 - Jul 26 with 4825 viewsdale1968

I'd like to see him start ahead of Lillis and maybe bring some stbility to the back line.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Thomson signs on 12:39 - Jul 26 with 4818 viewslurker

Subject to international clearance.
Must remember my passport the next time I go to Glasgow
Thomson signs on 12:49 - Jul 26 with 4783 viewsfitzochris

Thomson signs on 12:39 - Jul 26 by lurker

Subject to international clearance.
Must remember my passport the next time I go to Glasgow

It is daft, eh? However, it can help us profit by not having to pay development compensation when we nab players from over the border. They benefit vice versa, of course.

Anyway, pleased with this. He sounds very capable and I've not heard a bad word about him either from those who have seen him on trial for us, or those who have seen him play in his native Scotland.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Thomson signs on 12:58 - Jul 26 with 4747 viewsdilligas

Cracking deal, he's impressed me pre season, bar the rovers fk
Thomson signs on 13:04 - Jul 26 with 4719 viewslurker

Thomson signs on 12:58 - Jul 26 by dilligas

Cracking deal, he's impressed me pre season, bar the rovers fk

His "Peter Schmeichel" against Blackburn was a thing of beauty!
Thomson signs on 13:31 - Jul 26 with 4660 viewsStAnnesDale

Thomson has looked OK in pre-season and seems a good signing.

Just surprised we have gone for 2 first choice keepers. Given a limited budget, KH usually preferred 1 first choice keeper and a cheap back-up who would only stand in an emergency until a loan signing could be made, should anytihng happen to the 1st choice.

I suspect both Thomson and Lillis will want to be first choice so it will be interesting to see who does get the nod. Cannot see whoever is not playing really being happy with not being first choice, especially if it is Lillis.

I know Lillis had a few dodgy games and was at fault for a few goals last season but he also made brilliant saves and played consistently well once behind a settled pair of central defenders in Edwards and C-S. Until Thomson came on trial I thought our goalkeeping positions were covered with Lillis first choice and Cullis the coach/emergency stand-in.
Login to get fewer ads

Thomson signs on 13:42 - Jul 26 with 4628 viewsD_Alien

Thomson signs on 13:31 - Jul 26 by StAnnesDale

Thomson has looked OK in pre-season and seems a good signing.

Just surprised we have gone for 2 first choice keepers. Given a limited budget, KH usually preferred 1 first choice keeper and a cheap back-up who would only stand in an emergency until a loan signing could be made, should anytihng happen to the 1st choice.

I suspect both Thomson and Lillis will want to be first choice so it will be interesting to see who does get the nod. Cannot see whoever is not playing really being happy with not being first choice, especially if it is Lillis.

I know Lillis had a few dodgy games and was at fault for a few goals last season but he also made brilliant saves and played consistently well once behind a settled pair of central defenders in Edwards and C-S. Until Thomson came on trial I thought our goalkeeping positions were covered with Lillis first choice and Cullis the coach/emergency stand-in.

Surely the whole point is that the player not selected should be unhappy about it? That's part and parcel of man management, of which I have no doubt KH is one of the very best exponents in the football league.

And had you heard that Lillis was struggling for fitness with what sounds like a debilitating knee problem - debilitating as in "I could get match fit but the knee might give way again" ?

Persuading Thomson to sign is a coup for us. Lets not start baulking at it?

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Thomson signs on 14:07 - Jul 26 with 4572 viewsMattbdale

i personally think this is a good move which will benefit the team

Lillis may have got complacent as Collis is not here to be competition
He should be No1 to start the season but he will have to make sure he performs each week now going forward or he is going to be out of the team.

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thomson signs on 17:58 - Jul 26 with 4365 viewsdale58

Dead pleased with this signing. Since we got told he'd had an offer I'd been watching and hoping he'd sign.

I'm not anti Lillis at all but didn't he miss nearly 1/2 a season due to injury at Scunny?

This definitely makes sure we have more than adequate back up and I can see this lad becoming a number 1 really soon

The Avi is Dave Cross Forgotten Legend

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024