Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hilly on DalePlayer 21:34 - Aug 31 with 4142 viewslove_the_dale

His interview had me in stitches. 'I'm not a taxi driver by trade. I'm not a DIY manager' Discuss. Has anyone any idea what he is saying? Not that I care - I think the man is a genius - really intelligent and I'm sure cleverer people than me will know what he is talking about.

Rhys Bennett would like to play centre back. Keith - 'Would you rather play right back or substitute?' Brilliant.

He has two new players lined up - any ideas?
Hilly on DalePlayer on 21:40 - Aug 31 with 4115 viewsheywooddale

Think he is basically saying he is a football manager so know what he is doing because it came after the "Dale start slow question"
Hilly on DalePlayer on 23:03 - Aug 31 with 3984 viewswmgunit

Hilly on DalePlayer on 21:40 - Aug 31 by heywooddale

Think he is basically saying he is a football manager so know what he is doing because it came after the "Dale start slow question"

Classic. Bennett was immense at fullback today, MOM. No reason for him to play anywhere else. Our most potent attacking threat and pretty solid in defence.
Hilly on DalePlayer on 23:29 - Aug 31 with 3940 viewsmiddale

For the sake of Dale, the correct answer to that question should be substitute. That was one of the worst 45 minutes I've ever seen from a professional footballer. One good cross does not disguise the fact he will never be a right back. For Hill sides to work, the full backs must be comfortable on the ball.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Hilly on DalePlayer on 23:43 - Aug 31 with 3909 viewsD_Alien

Hilly on DalePlayer on 23:29 - Aug 31 by middale

For the sake of Dale, the correct answer to that question should be substitute. That was one of the worst 45 minutes I've ever seen from a professional footballer. One good cross does not disguise the fact he will never be a right back. For Hill sides to work, the full backs must be comfortable on the ball.

middale, have a word with yourself

The lad is coming back from a serious injury. If his display was one of the worst you've seen, you must have seen about 3 Dale games.

He needs game time to get back up to speed, and today will have done him the power of good, because when he's 100% he'll be too good for L2

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Hilly on DalePlayer on 00:57 - Sep 1 with 3819 viewswmgunit

Hilly on DalePlayer on 23:29 - Aug 31 by middale

If you thought Bennett was bad enough to be demoted to substitute, Rose and Lancashire must be in the reserves the number of stray passes they played and instances that they were caught in possession. It was more than one assist Bennett offered, created our other best chance and looked more than comfortable on the ball. Frightening opinion.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2013 7:09]
Hilly on DalePlayer on 22:42 - Sep 1 with 3425 viewsmiddale

Hilly on DalePlayer on 00:57 - Sep 1 by wmgunit

If you thought Bennett was bad enough to be demoted to substitute, Rose and Lancashire must be in the reserves the number of stray passes they played and instances that they were caught in possession. It was more than one assist Bennett offered, created our other best chance and looked more than comfortable on the ball. Frightening opinion.

I agree - looked more comfortable on the ball is a frightening opinion! OK, two good moments then, and yes a big second half improvement, but that wouldn't be difficult from a dreadful first half - watch the video back if one exists.

Blog: Addicted to Rochdale (Part 17) Diary of the 2010-11 Season

Hilly on DalePlayer on 06:48 - Sep 2 with 3326 viewsAtThePeake

Hilly on DalePlayer on 00:57 - Sep 1 by wmgunit

Sounds like Rose had his usual wasteful game.

Would love to see his pass completions stats. In fact, no, I'd hate to see them.

Tangled up in blue.

Hilly on DalePlayer on 07:13 - Sep 2 with 3311 viewswmgunit

Hilly on DalePlayer on 22:42 - Sep 1 by middale

I agree - looked more comfortable on the ball is a frightening opinion! OK, two good moments then, and yes a big second half improvement, but that wouldn't be difficult from a dreadful first half - watch the video back if one exists.

Admittedly, he didn't make as big of an impact first half, but I don't feel he played notably worse than the rest of our defence. And as D_Alien pointed out, that was coming back after a long lay off. I expect to see much more of him in that position. While I haven't seen Vidal play to make a comparison, Bennett is a step up from Rafferty.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024