Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Cook to go 18:51 - Jun 23 with 769 viewsD_Alien

He should do the honourable thing and resign as captain.

Despite his initial success on the back of a buoyant team, he's proving himself to be lacking in most of the skills required of a test captain. Uninspiring, no imagination, no real sense of fight.

After delaying the declaration again in the first test, we drew with 9 wickets down and turned up at Headingley with the apparent intention of going through the motions to win the series - and when Sri Lanka polish us off tomorrow they'll deserve their victory, in no small part down to the guts and determination of their captain Angelo Matthews.

Cook, meanwhile, might miss the next test anyway due to falling foul of the regulations on over rates. OK, he couldn't have anticipated his much-vaunted new ball pair bowling like novices, but he could have taken them off sooner. And in showing no faith in Moeen Ali who then picked up two top order batsmen he again showed a huge lack of man management.

Who to replace him? For the next test at least, I'd go with Stuart Broad and see how he does

After England's world cup exit, the cricket might at least have given us a lift. Not to be.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Time for Cook to go on 19:20 - Jun 23 with 734 viewsTalkingSutty

After watching today's abysmal effort i cant argue with your views regarding his captaincy. Lacks imagination big time when it comes to being a captain and is so frightened of losing he reduces the teams chances of winning. His batting form will return but at the moment he looks lost. I have to disagree about Broad being captain, he takes after his dad.....a loose cannon.
Time for Cook to go on 20:08 - Jun 23 with 670 viewsD_Alien

Time for Cook to go on 19:20 - Jun 23 by TalkingSutty

After watching today's abysmal effort i cant argue with your views regarding his captaincy. Lacks imagination big time when it comes to being a captain and is so frightened of losing he reduces the teams chances of winning. His batting form will return but at the moment he looks lost. I have to disagree about Broad being captain, he takes after his dad.....a loose cannon.

Not suggesting Broad as the long-term replacement, but rather than draft someone in from county cricket with good captaincy skills but who might struggle at test level, let Broad take over the five-day role as well as his one-day role and if he comes good, then fine - if not, then at least we'll know.

Mike Brearley was a one-off as a captain who wasn't perhaps up to test standard, and anyone else taking over right now would find it a poisoned chalice.

Agree that Cook's batting will come good again. Another savvy captain, Brendan McCullum started Cook's demise when he compared him with Don Bradman the winter before last. He's hardly done anything right since! But he's too good to sideline and without the burden of captaincy he'll be like a man let out of prison.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

(No subject) (n/t) on 20:47 - Jun 23 with 626 viewsmacro

Time for Cook to go on 20:55 - Jun 23 with 612 viewsChaffRAFC

Can't disagree, Cook has to go as captain. He can't justify his place in the side on his batting of the last 12 months, I think I heard he was averaging 15 for 2014 which is horrendous. Needs to get back to Essex, rediscover his form. He's a top class batsman and one of the very best in the world on his day but we can't go on with his captaincy and always being a wicket down without 50 on the board. Give Michael Carberry another go at opening and give the captaincy to Prior or Broad (temporarily) before discovering a permanent captain. Ian Bell anyone?

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Time for Cook to go on 23:07 - Jun 23 with 533 viewsTommoRAFC

Time for Cook to go on 20:55 - Jun 23 by ChaffRAFC

Can't disagree, Cook has to go as captain. He can't justify his place in the side on his batting of the last 12 months, I think I heard he was averaging 15 for 2014 which is horrendous. Needs to get back to Essex, rediscover his form. He's a top class batsman and one of the very best in the world on his day but we can't go on with his captaincy and always being a wicket down without 50 on the board. Give Michael Carberry another go at opening and give the captaincy to Prior or Broad (temporarily) before discovering a permanent captain. Ian Bell anyone?

No to Prior or Broad as captain, haven't been impressed with Broad in T20s and wouldn't have Prior in the squad at all, I'd bring back Bairstow or hand Buttler a debut.

Not sure what Moores is playing at with this squad, but there was no leaders, toothless bowling attack and more Ashes-esque batting not to mention the shoddy fielding, not sure what the solution is, Ian Bell is an option, not sure if he's captain material though...

Not really sure who is, but I'm sure who isn't and that's Cook.

Poll: Who will play in place of Done on Saturday?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024