Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Training Ground? 10:34 - Nov 1 with 947 viewsmikehunt

I don't want to open old wounds with this thread but just want someone to explain why the below would not be viable.
If it were possible to own our own training facilities,the old Rossendale Utd site could be considered. It still has the infrastructure of pitch and club house, stand (a bit burned) and parking. It also has a pitch and a half worth of waste ground to the rear which may be possible to acquire?
It is a crying shame what has happened to this site. To my understanding there is a caveat that the site be used for sporting purposes in perpetuity. However, this can be overridden if the land is not used for a period of five years (or so). This time is fast approaching.
This is prime building land and as long as I can remember there have been rumours that the local building firms have wanted this land. Now these vultures are circling and it seems inevitable that they will get their way, unless a sporting enterprise can step in.
It could earn us a few bob on the side too. The club house bar was open most nights and used by the locals. Events could be held there. And offer up a pitch for a 5-a-side league or something?
We could play our reserve matches there, that would save a couple of bob too. Stick solar panels on the roofs and sell some 'tricity back to the grid.
I know we need money to do these things but perhaps a bank would lend, knowing it would have a prime building plot should things go belly up? If not maybe we could rent it from the council?
I don't know. It's almost too simple.
Mind you, even if a sporting concern were to step in, it wouldn' surprise me if the council and a building firm had already stitched this up.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Training Ground? on 10:54 - Nov 1 with 896 viewsDalenet

I think the pitch needed a lot of work. But agree that it would be a good location. I am sure there was planning applications on the site a couple of years ago. But as you say, may need to wait for the 5 yr period.

The club is looking to invest all of its cash in buying the other shares in Spotland and I guess we can't have both for now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024