Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Southend Viewpoint 20:05 - Oct 31 with 3367 viewsFatCat

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?87853-Southend-United-2-2-Rochdale

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?87851-Southend-V-Rochdale
Southend Viewpoint on 20:12 - Oct 31 with 3337 views442Dale

Anyone who is registered able to copy and post some of their views?

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Southend Viewpoint on 20:17 - Oct 31 with 3313 viewsdale4ever

Southend Viewpoint on 20:12 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

You should be able to just view it?
Southend Viewpoint on 20:20 - Oct 31 with 3284 views442Dale

Southend Viewpoint on 20:17 - Oct 31 by dale4ever

You should be able to just view it?

Was on there this morning, once you've viewed a few pages it prompts to register:

"Hey there!

It appears that you've exceeded the maximum number of posts you can view, but wait, there's a simple solution. To unlock the forum and continue viewing messages, all you need to do is sign up for a free account. The entire process takes just a few minutes so create your account now and view as many threads as you like!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message."

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Southend Viewpoint on 20:20 - Oct 31 with 3284 viewsFatCat

A couple of posts before I get locked out:

Rochdale changed their plans radically at half-time and we were under the cosh, as we had been in the first fifteen minutes of the match. Unlucky to concede from a corner that should not have been given and a free kick that was highly debateable. But lucky not to concede a penalty for shirt pulling as well. Probably a fair result at the end of the day, but always disappointing to lose a 2-0 lead.

Thoroughly disappointing draw, but what a game. Really enjoyed it to be honest. They just simply outplayed us in the second half cant argue with that. Was like a cup game second half and Brown should have reacted to it sooner. Never a free kick from my view, thought he got the ball all day long.
Southend Viewpoint on 20:45 - Oct 31 with 3200 viewsscooby

"Long story short:

The mentality after half-time was appalling and absolutely unacceptable for a home team 2-0 up and in absolute cruise control after 45 minutes.

I honestly don't know what goes through the manager's head when we go in at half-time leading. What does he say to them? I can almost hear it now: "Well done lads, 2-0 up, no need for anymore goals, let's take it easy and sit on it."

Unacceptable. Our goal difference is poor and we're in total control at half-time after (apart from a slow and sloppy start and first 10 minutes) an excellent and confident first-half.....why is the message not "excellent lads, keep it up, it's NOT over, get me another 2 goals"? I just don't get it.

I've never watched us play under another manager and been WORRIED going in at half-time 2-0 up at home. That should never be the case. But unfortunately it's all too predictable, and in my mind I can only blame one person because I don't think it's possible for 11 players to collectively sit back on a lead and decide to play it out in the same way that ours have done so often under Phil Brown.

Atkinson for Deegan too? Wrong sort of substitution to be making when chasing a late goal at home, what attacking threat does Atkinson provide? And why Worrall on for McLaughlin, why not show some attacking adventure when chasing a goal and have both on?

Ugh. Just learn to STOP sitting back and settling on a 2-goal lead, it's so so SO naive. At home, get out and go for the 3rd when you're on top!"

"We've been up against better players/subs than that before, if we had come out for the second half with the same mentality as we showed in the first half, i.e. pressing the ball and attacking well rather than sitting back and inviting pressure like we did after half-time, there's no way those subs would have made the impact that they did. We ALLOWED them to make an impact and INVITED them to make a difference. We were in control at half-time and were in a position to come out and carry on dictating the pace and direction of the game in the first half as the home team but again, we let Rochdale do that instead."

"Rochdale had the measure of us in the first 30 minutes, Brown then chaged from 433 to 442 , Leonard then performed for 15 minutes and Rochdale didnt pick him up , we scored twice.
Rochdale then changed line ups to deal with being behind and it worked, the back 4 were overrun and the midfield dropped to help out. The pressure relieving should have come from the forwards holding play up and the midfield getting out and forward. That didn't happen , the ball was given away cheaply and dale pressed on.
The Atkinson sub made sense to me, as he should have been able to get forward in support , however imho , it should have been for Leonard, who , 15 minutes aside, was not at the races today, poor decision making, turning into tackles and misplaced passes.
talking of decision making, why with 30 sec left we pratted around with that freekick is beyond me.

Good tacttical change by Brown at 30, but second half I dont think he could work out quite what to do after the Rea for Whhite sub was forced on him. I feel that Atko for Mooney was about to happen with Rea for Deegan soon after, in an attempt to retain possession in the middle and force dale back, but Whites injury put paid to thst"

"Gutted with the result but I think today summed up where we are as a side in this division. I think we're destined for midtable mediocrity which I'd have bitten your hand off for at the start of the season and would still take now.

We've settled in to the league well and are competing in every game so confident we'll stay up. But at the same time our forward line doesn't have enough goals in them to threaten the top end of this division. I'd imagine Pigott and Mooney will get around 15-20 goals between them over the season and we need them to get that amount on their own to really challenge.

Anyway, back to today's game and I thought the Deegan sub was bizarre as for me he was contender for MOTM at the time and bringing on WA in his place isn't exactly a tactical change.

Also felt that the free kick given which lead to Rochdale's equaliser looked dubious to say the least but will have to see it again on the highlights. Cracking advert for league one football today though"

etc
Southend Viewpoint on 20:57 - Oct 31 with 3148 viewsR17ALE

Southend Viewpoint on 20:12 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

As it was Rochdale then got into their stride and played some fast attacking football that if I'd been neutral would have been a joy to watch. I was just glad they didn't start with their second half line-up!

I think this was a game where we have to accept that we were outplayed in the second half due to a tactical gamble by the opposition manager backed up with some talented players.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Southend Viewpoint on 09:31 - Nov 1 with 2764 viewsdale4ever

Southend Viewpoint on 20:20 - Oct 31 by 442Dale

Was on there this morning, once you've viewed a few pages it prompts to register:

"Hey there!

It appears that you've exceeded the maximum number of posts you can view, but wait, there's a simple solution. To unlock the forum and continue viewing messages, all you need to do is sign up for a free account. The entire process takes just a few minutes so create your account now and view as many threads as you like!

Already a member? Login at the top of this page to stop seeing this message."

Ah didn't realise that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024