Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Subject of tickets 15:06 - Feb 21 with 2453 viewssdale

Blackburn have an offer for three games.Mk Dons,Middlesbrough & Birmingham.
Adults £30. Seniors £21 for all 3 games.
Normal price Adult £22 Senior £14
Subject of tickets on 15:35 - Feb 21 with 2409 views1mark1

Something that needs to happen here.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Subject of tickets on 15:57 - Feb 21 with 2381 viewsKenBoon

Subject of tickets on 15:35 - Feb 21 by 1mark1

Something that needs to happen here.

Won't happen. We're more concerned with protecting the value of a season ticket, than making decent offers to get people in.
Subject of tickets on 16:38 - Feb 21 with 2330 views442Dale

Subject of tickets on 15:57 - Feb 21 by KenBoon

Won't happen. We're more concerned with protecting the value of a season ticket, than making decent offers to get people in.

Has any ST holder ever been bothered about offers? Never understood that argument.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Subject of tickets on 16:43 - Feb 21 with 2312 viewsisitme

Subject of tickets on 16:38 - Feb 21 by 442Dale

Has any ST holder ever been bothered about offers? Never understood that argument.

I'm more bothered about having my seat and being able to get priority with tickets for potential big games.

How about you? I don't know any season ticket holder who gets annoyed at one off offers.
Subject of tickets on 16:45 - Feb 21 with 2304 views442Dale

Subject of tickets on 16:43 - Feb 21 by isitme

I'm more bothered about having my seat and being able to get priority with tickets for potential big games.

How about you? I don't know any season ticket holder who gets annoyed at one off offers.

Exactly the same. Instances like Blackpool away are where ST holders can expect the value of their ST to pay off.

Subject of tickets on 16:47 - Feb 21 with 2302 views1mark1

That's another advantage of selling more STs, they will have a guaranteed ticket for ANY cup game at home, and have a far better chance of getting a ticket for an away tie. Sell the other benefits of having a ST as well as the cost benefits.

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Subject of tickets on 16:57 - Feb 21 with 2269 viewsisitme

Subject of tickets on 16:47 - Feb 21 by 1mark1

That's another advantage of selling more STs, they will have a guaranteed ticket for ANY cup game at home, and have a far better chance of getting a ticket for an away tie. Sell the other benefits of having a ST as well as the cost benefits.

You are preaching to the converted here. I've had one for years.

If you look at the prices for children. Under 7s are free and 16s and under are about £80. Good value for money.

Increasing attendances and sales of season tickets is not just a Dale problem. Sale Sharks offered 3 year deals, payment in installments (they have a card that is scanned on entry so if a payment is missed, the card is denied entry) reduced prices etc. Sale are unbeaten at home all season but had their lowest home attendance last weekend at just over 4,000.

For teams with lots of competition for supporters their is no simple solution. Look at the Tuesday night promotion against Crewe. The crowd was still poor. It was easy to get tickets, but by making people go to the ground doesn't make it easy for some.

I'm not even sure that reduced prices will make much of a difference. If it was free entry on Tuesday against Fleetwood how many would turn up?
Subject of tickets on 17:17 - Feb 21 with 2237 views442Dale

Subject of tickets on 16:57 - Feb 21 by isitme

If you look at the prices for children. Under 7s are free and 16s and under are about £80. Good value for money.

Increasing attendances and sales of season tickets is not just a Dale problem. Sale Sharks offered 3 year deals, payment in installments (they have a card that is scanned on entry so if a payment is missed, the card is denied entry) reduced prices etc. Sale are unbeaten at home all season but had their lowest home attendance last weekend at just over 4,000.

For teams with lots of competition for supporters their is no simple solution. Look at the Tuesday night promotion against Crewe. The crowd was still poor. It was easy to get tickets, but by making people go to the ground doesn't make it easy for some.

I'm not even sure that reduced prices will make much of a difference. If it was free entry on Tuesday against Fleetwood how many would turn up?

I sort of agree with a lot of that, that's why we have to explore making it a habit. Back to the ST thread...

And I'm not one who doesn't think our ST are good value for money, they are. But that's for me, one of the converted. We have to make it attractive to those we want to convert.

Login to get fewer ads

Subject of tickets on 17:28 - Feb 21 with 2215 viewsSuddenLad

For many, the biggest problem is likely to be the requirement to pay the whole amount in one lump sum. Surely the time has come to allow staggered payments in 3 or even 4 instalments ?

At £360 for a main stand seat it's a fair whack and for many it's simply too much. If tickets were available in blocks of 5 or 10 games at a time, it would be much better to budget and make it more affordable for many.

The offer last week for admitting juniors for free was hiding the fact that for anyone who is of pension age, the offer doesn't apply. A chap near to me was an OAP and took his grandson to the game. He was denied free entry, because Grandad wasn't a 'full paying adult'. What kind of mentality is that when you're trying to attract people through the turnstiles ?

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Subject of tickets on 17:57 - Feb 21 with 2161 viewsTalkingSutty

Subject of tickets on 17:28 - Feb 21 by SuddenLad

For many, the biggest problem is likely to be the requirement to pay the whole amount in one lump sum. Surely the time has come to allow staggered payments in 3 or even 4 instalments ?

At £360 for a main stand seat it's a fair whack and for many it's simply too much. If tickets were available in blocks of 5 or 10 games at a time, it would be much better to budget and make it more affordable for many.

The offer last week for admitting juniors for free was hiding the fact that for anyone who is of pension age, the offer doesn't apply. A chap near to me was an OAP and took his grandson to the game. He was denied free entry, because Grandad wasn't a 'full paying adult'. What kind of mentality is that when you're trying to attract people through the turnstiles ?

Wow, you couldn't make that up. Whoever is responsible for that decision needs holding to account, absolutely ridiculous. You can't teach common sense.
[Post edited 21 Feb 2016 17:57]
Subject of tickets on 23:47 - Feb 21 with 1948 viewspioneer

Subject of tickets on 16:57 - Feb 21 by isitme

Sale's problem is thelocation ofhe stadium, availability ad cost of parking and the dealys leaving the parking afte the game.

The supporters were not consulted (seriuosly if at all) when they moved from Stockport.

the club got what it deserved. Ignore the interests of your supportes at your peril.
Subject of tickets on 10:40 - Feb 22 with 1790 viewswatford_dale

Subject of tickets on 17:28 - Feb 21 by SuddenLad

I think block selling is a fantastic idea and it is a pricing structure that would help our supporter base and it may increase the crowds depending on performance. I had no idea the season tix were that expensive, cheapest season ticket for Watford this season was 420 - 60 and 2 divisions difference, although prem football is not all that it is cracked up to be but the prices can't keep increasing in the name of on field competitiveness.

The entry conditions described re the oap are astounding, we should be dragging them in off the streets or exerting a degree of common sense when faced with situations like that. It's not like the ground is packed out every game.
Subject of tickets on 20:13 - Feb 22 with 1621 views442Dale

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/ticket-info-oldham-athletic-all-ticket

Of course there will be enough room, but it's still relevant when it comes to the value of the season ticket:

http://www.daletrust.co.uk/2015/12/3402/
"Question 2
It's usual that season ticket holders get priority for all-ticket games, can it be confirmed that this is always still the case especially in the case of away games when ticket numbers may be restricted?
Reply :
Season ticket holders will always receive priority for all-ticket games, home and away. We did also discuss the options available, such as ballots, first come-first served, ticket purchasing history, if we had an away game and the allocation that was sent to us was less than the number of season ticket holders we had. However, the Club would welcome suggestions of suitable alternatives from supporters."

A suggestion (not sure of it was suitable as yet to hear anything) was posted here:
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/forum/156662/page:1#
" As they've asked for suggestions, could the Trust pass on the one posted on here before?:
---Set days for sales to ST holders (need only be a few days), then open sale. This focuses ST holders on when they can get theirs and if they choose not to, then they know they may miss out. This could have been done for Fleetwood even though we know there wasn't an issue. Just follow a clear process everyone is aware of every time. It also staggers sales and will hopefully release some pressure on the ticket office. ---

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024