Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The haves and have nots 18:18 - Aug 4 with 2364 viewskiwidale

Accrington Attendance: 2,201
Sunderland Attendance: 31,075

Nothing in it give or take 29,000 or so.

This is not the time for bickering.

The haves and have nots on 18:52 - Aug 4 with 2226 viewsD_Dale

2987 at Burton (don't know how many Dale supporters).

Will the crowd for next Saturday's Posh visit be much larger?
The haves and have nots on 19:28 - Aug 4 with 2117 viewsscarrow

The haves and have nots on 18:52 - Aug 4 by D_Dale

2987 at Burton (don't know how many Dale supporters).

Will the crowd for next Saturday's Posh visit be much larger?

About 700 I'd imagine

Poll: Final position

The haves and have nots on 19:29 - Aug 4 with 2109 viewsaleanddale

Yes

I think there will be just a shade over 3000 on Saturday.

Especially as Posh also won their opening game.
The haves and have nots on 20:37 - Aug 4 with 1925 viewsFrog

At £20 a ticket that's almost £600,000 per home game more. How can they compete?
The haves and have nots on 21:54 - Aug 4 with 1743 viewsDale92

Are we honestly biggering over the fact Sunderland will produce for eevenue then the rest of league (probably put together) so what? They have 30,000 loyal supporters, not many teams around the world can say that. Im jist happy we get the chamce to play these opposition over Newport Countys, Forest Greens etc. If we ever get promoted to the Championship, the feeling of some on here wpuld be why bother turn up? They out number us, i couldnt give a flying fook, just enjoy it, we did a double on Southampton when they were here.

This is the One, I've waited for

The haves and have nots on 22:21 - Aug 4 with 1671 viewskiwidale

The haves and have nots on 21:54 - Aug 4 by Dale92

Are we honestly biggering over the fact Sunderland will produce for eevenue then the rest of league (probably put together) so what? They have 30,000 loyal supporters, not many teams around the world can say that. Im jist happy we get the chamce to play these opposition over Newport Countys, Forest Greens etc. If we ever get promoted to the Championship, the feeling of some on here wpuld be why bother turn up? They out number us, i couldnt give a flying fook, just enjoy it, we did a double on Southampton when they were here.

I don't see anybody bickering about Sunderland's fan base which they obviously deserve more just highlighting the anomaly of contrasting attendances within the same division. If I'm allowed to bicker then add the parachute payment Sunderland will receive then yes I'm bickering.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 22:24]

The haves and have nots on 00:15 - Aug 5 with 1501 viewsDale92

The haves and have nots on 22:21 - Aug 4 by kiwidale

I don't see anybody bickering about Sunderland's fan base which they obviously deserve more just highlighting the anomaly of contrasting attendances within the same division. If I'm allowed to bicker then add the parachute payment Sunderland will receive then yes I'm bickering.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2018 22:24]

Parachute payments is a far point but what control do the 30,000 there today have a say in that? Probably about 3 from there supporters trust. Them 30,000 dont deserve whats happened to there team due to mismanagement and neglect from boardroom and coaching staff. No football fan does, however they find themselves in this position and they are still, probably now more than ever keeping there club alive unlike when they were in the Prem living off £100mill plus a year. Fair play to them. Id rather have football teams existing rather than going bust and it seems parachute payments protect the fans more than anything, in keeping there clubs alive due to their owners lack of hindsight. Making a deal with a the devil to keep your wife alive almost. The problem is there is no reward for good finicial management for clubs like ourselves, but if your a sunderland fan without them payments there would be no club.

This is the One, I've waited for

The haves and have nots on 03:35 - Aug 5 with 1412 viewskiwidale

The haves and have nots on 00:15 - Aug 5 by Dale92

Parachute payments is a far point but what control do the 30,000 there today have a say in that? Probably about 3 from there supporters trust. Them 30,000 dont deserve whats happened to there team due to mismanagement and neglect from boardroom and coaching staff. No football fan does, however they find themselves in this position and they are still, probably now more than ever keeping there club alive unlike when they were in the Prem living off £100mill plus a year. Fair play to them. Id rather have football teams existing rather than going bust and it seems parachute payments protect the fans more than anything, in keeping there clubs alive due to their owners lack of hindsight. Making a deal with a the devil to keep your wife alive almost. The problem is there is no reward for good finicial management for clubs like ourselves, but if your a sunderland fan without them payments there would be no club.

All your points are fair I understand the need for parachute payments however it can also be seen as a reward for financial mismanagement and it hardly levels the playing field so to speak. Coincidently I was listening to a sports broadcast today talking about NZ rugby players who are all on central contracts to the NZ Rugby Union, they all get paid based on experience I.E. extra payments for provincial and international players. although contracted to a provincial team they are free to move from province to province with no transfer fee. Its not exactly a salary cap as in the Aussie Rugby League but its ensures that no one club pays more than another an All Black for example will get the same contract wherever he plays.

Login to get fewer ads

The haves and have nots on 11:08 - Aug 5 with 1076 viewsaleanddale

Excellent article by Rod Liddle ( Times sport ) today on this exact subject.

Even uses the title used in this thread! Haves and have nots.

Sunderland poop first half yesterday - no fear!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024