Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Barnsley fan in peace 11:59 - Aug 22 with 1689 viewstarnman

First things first, I thoroughly enjoyed visiting Spotland, even aside from the result. Cracking old school ground, good fans and I wish you all the best for the remainder of the season (except your visit to Oakwell obviously…)

On to the match — I wouldn't be too downhearted, the Oxford game followed a similar pattern and I doubt that last night will be the last time we score 4 this season. I'm not trying to sound arrogant about things, we just came into this season in very good shape. We have kept nearly all of a squad which really should have stayed up last season, and would have stayed up if we had appointed literally anyone else as manager in January. Our team was very young (the average age is now still only 24), and with an extra year's experience and dropping down a division it's not surprising we have started well.

Views on Keith Hill are mixed to say the least amongst Barnsley fans. He had us competing on the fringes of the playoffs going into January in one season and then, after having a great midfield sold out from under him/injured, we were one of the worst teams in the country over the next year. He rubbed a lot of people up the wrong way with his comments to the media, but I respect the fact that he has his teams try to play football. To be honest I think that was part of your downfall last night — we play a relentless press this season and punish teams who try to play football against us. It takes a lot of technical ability and awareness to deal with that pressure and it must be physically and mentally tough to deal with. It seems that teams have trouble dealing with it, and when we do get the ball we are strong, quick and can punish teams going forward. Wimbledon demonstrated how to frustrate us last week — they were incredibly organised and disciplined and whilst they didn't offer a great deal going forward or play expansive, attractive football they absorbed a lot of pressure and gave themselves a chance to nick it.

I thought that whilst we started strong you were improving as we scored the first, which obviously knocked the wind out of your sails and gave us a boost. Similarly you started the second half better, but after what was probably your best chance of the match we went straight up the other end and scored and that was that. I think that you'll be fine this season — despite him being a bit of a gobsh*te Hill is a canny manager, especially at this level and I reckon he'll probably see you safe.

All the best.
Barnsley fan in peace on 12:45 - Aug 22 with 1528 viewsBillyRudd

Thanks for the compliments tarnman. Apart from it being us on the receiving end I thoroughly enjoyed watching your team. Stunning. Also relieved to hear that Wimbledon parked the bus.
Barnsley fan in peace on 13:13 - Aug 22 with 1425 viewsJimmyRustler

Sorry but I have to disagree with you.

He's more than a "bit of a gobshite"
Barnsley fan in peace on 18:43 - Aug 22 with 1014 viewskiwidale

Barnsley fan in peace on 13:13 - Aug 22 by JimmyRustler

Sorry but I have to disagree with you.

He's more than a "bit of a gobshite"

made me laugh did that.

This is not the time for bickering.

Barnsley fan in peace on 18:47 - Aug 22 with 1004 viewskiwidale

I notice Parkygimp voted the opening post down I would love to hear what he really thinks and just not to bag him over it as many will do.

This is not the time for bickering.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024