Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale 08:56 - Jan 12 with 1217 viewsJames1980

In the past the following route has come up for traveling to Rochdale. London-Warrington-Newton le Willow-Manchester Victoria.
A route to take or to avoid at all costs?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: Is moving to a new location

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 09:10 - Jan 12 with 1185 viewsAncoats_Blue

That’s a bit of messing about. I’m fairly sure all London trains go to Warrington Bank Quay. There *should* be pretty regular trains from there to Piccadilly but strike action is probably going to hamper that. You’re also going to have to get from Piccadilly to Victoria.
Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 09:22 - Jan 12 with 1163 viewsJames1980

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 09:10 - Jan 12 by Ancoats_Blue

That’s a bit of messing about. I’m fairly sure all London trains go to Warrington Bank Quay. There *should* be pretty regular trains from there to Piccadilly but strike action is probably going to hamper that. You’re also going to have to get from Piccadilly to Victoria.

It does say the train is direct from Newton-Victoria. Just enquiring if it is a route worth the hassle?

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 09:34 - Jan 12 with 1132 viewsonedalefan

It is actually not bad however does it show a 4 minute connection at WBQ. If train from Euston is late, means 56 mins till next one.
Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 09:38 - Jan 12 with 1128 viewsAncoats_Blue

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 09:22 - Jan 12 by James1980

It does say the train is direct from Newton-Victoria. Just enquiring if it is a route worth the hassle?

Be careful with the connecting trains. Our timetables are knackered with the strike action. The timetables seem to be revised a day or two before the strike day.

Up to you obviously but assuming you’ve got to get a train Into London 4 trains seems like a ball ache!
Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 09:49 - Jan 12 with 1105 viewsJames1980

Does sound like it is best to stick to my usual route to Manchester. Unless anyone can think of a good reason for the other route.

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 10:10 - Jan 12 with 1068 viewsonedalefan

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 09:49 - Jan 12 by James1980

Does sound like it is best to stick to my usual route to Manchester. Unless anyone can think of a good reason for the other route.

At least you have 3 trains an hour to Piccadilly from Euston.
Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 10:35 - Jan 12 with 1015 viewsaleanddale

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 10:10 - Jan 12 by onedalefan

At least you have 3 trains an hour to Piccadilly from Euston.

yes Euston - Piccadilly

walk to Victoria some very decent pit stops in the Northern Quarter.

Victoria to Rochdale 19 mins on the fast train. ( if they are running!! ).
Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 10:48 - Jan 12 with 996 viewsJames1980

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 10:35 - Jan 12 by aleanddale

yes Euston - Piccadilly

walk to Victoria some very decent pit stops in the Northern Quarter.

Victoria to Rochdale 19 mins on the fast train. ( if they are running!! ).

That has been my usual route and will continue to be so

Login to get fewer ads

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 10:51 - Jan 12 with 995 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 09:38 - Jan 12 by Ancoats_Blue

Be careful with the connecting trains. Our timetables are knackered with the strike action. The timetables seem to be revised a day or two before the strike day.

Up to you obviously but assuming you’ve got to get a train Into London 4 trains seems like a ball ache!

Ancoats.....do you work for the Rail Network?

Is this strike anywhere near a satisfactory conclusion or are parties still miles apart?

Is it likely to get resolved soon or are we all in for the long haul and more disruption.

Is Government involved?
Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 12:06 - Jan 12 with 904 viewsJames1980

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 10:51 - Jan 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

Is this strike anywhere near a satisfactory conclusion or are parties still miles apart?

Is it likely to get resolved soon or are we all in for the long haul and more disruption.

Is Government involved?

Just to interject as far as I know the RMT will not budge on the role of guard/a guaranteed 2nd person on trains.
Govt is involved most definitely

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 12:31 - Jan 12 with 866 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 12:06 - Jan 12 by James1980

Just to interject as far as I know the RMT will not budge on the role of guard/a guaranteed 2nd person on trains.
Govt is involved most definitely

Thanks, Jimbo......If the Govt are involved what are they actually doing,it really is causing a great deal of frustration to the general public.

Personally think that every train should have a guard/ticket collector or whatever...the Driver should just concentrate on his own job. Is that the main dispute?
Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 12:41 - Jan 12 with 842 viewsAncoats_Blue

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 10:51 - Jan 12 by Yorkshire_Dale

Is Government involved?

Nope! Sorry, by “our” I meant the collective of train travel oop north as I recall James is travelling in from near Brighton. Our knackered trains as opposed to their shiny , seemingly more reliable ones down south.
I do travel a lot by train so know how frustrating getting back into Rochdale on a Saturday can be. On match day my supposed ~15 minute journey from to/from central Manchester often takes nearly an hour with a mixture of buses and trams if the timetable isn’t kind to me.
Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 12:58 - Jan 12 with 802 viewsJames1980

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 12:41 - Jan 12 by Ancoats_Blue

Nope! Sorry, by “our” I meant the collective of train travel oop north as I recall James is travelling in from near Brighton. Our knackered trains as opposed to their shiny , seemingly more reliable ones down south.
I do travel a lot by train so know how frustrating getting back into Rochdale on a Saturday can be. On match day my supposed ~15 minute journey from to/from central Manchester often takes nearly an hour with a mixture of buses and trams if the timetable isn’t kind to me.

Hence the lifts from the Tibetan Monks being extremely helpful.

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 13:27 - Jan 12 with 769 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Thoughts on this rail route to Rochdale on 12:58 - Jan 12 by James1980

Hence the lifts from the Tibetan Monks being extremely helpful.

Uber -man!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024