Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ticket site 20:31 - Sep 27 with 9167 viewskel

I’m planning to attend tomorrow so due to not wanting to pay a ridiculous on the day increase on admission thought I’d sign up to the ticket site and buy online. However, no matter how hard I try on both an iPad and laptop it simply refuses to let me select children’s tickets so wants north of 80 quid for four of us to come to the game.

Has anyone else had this and am I doing something wrong or should I just fook (oops) it off and take them Pizza Hut instead?
Ticket site on 20:36 - Sep 27 with 3318 views442Dale

Don’t fans have until 23.59:59 to get the cheaper prices?

This thread could develop Armageddon-esque features as we near the deadline. Alternatively we could scrap the silly idea and think of supporters like Bruce Willis and Kel.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Ticket site on 20:40 - Sep 27 with 3297 viewsdingdangblue

I've just quickly gone on the rochdale site tickets page and it let's me choose a 16 and under ticket for £5.
Using a Samsung S9.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Ticket site on 20:42 - Sep 27 with 3285 viewskel

Ticket site on 20:40 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

I've just quickly gone on the rochdale site tickets page and it let's me choose a 16 and under ticket for £5.
Using a Samsung S9.

How did you manage it please? The only one I could change was if I picked the senior option which seemed to work.
Ticket site on 20:50 - Sep 27 with 3264 viewsTVOS1907

Ticket site on 20:42 - Sep 27 by kel

How did you manage it please? The only one I could change was if I picked the senior option which seemed to work.

Go on, admit it, soulboy has pricked your conscience, hasn't he?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ticket site on 20:58 - Sep 27 with 3231 viewskel

Ticket site on 20:50 - Sep 27 by TVOS1907

Go on, admit it, soulboy has pricked your conscience, hasn't he?

Heh.

I’m fooking it off anyway, I’ve now tried on an iPhone too and it’s the same. Not a chance I’m paying 25 quid for me and 8 quid each for three kids on the day so as I don’t work in the town and can’t get to the ground in advance of matches that’s me not bothering for the season.

My turn to spit my dummy.
Ticket site on 21:06 - Sep 27 with 3195 views442Dale

Ticket site on 20:58 - Sep 27 by kel

Heh.

I’m fooking it off anyway, I’ve now tried on an iPhone too and it’s the same. Not a chance I’m paying 25 quid for me and 8 quid each for three kids on the day so as I don’t work in the town and can’t get to the ground in advance of matches that’s me not bothering for the season.

My turn to spit my dummy.

Tomorrow is our fifth home game, the Trust committed to looking at the new pricing policy with the club “several times” over the season. Would fully expect something to come out from them in the near future about how things are going, taking into account the feelings of Rochdale fans who have been affected.

Ticket site on 21:11 - Sep 27 with 3178 viewsnordenblue

Ticket site on 21:06 - Sep 27 by 442Dale

Tomorrow is our fifth home game, the Trust committed to looking at the new pricing policy with the club “several times” over the season. Would fully expect something to come out from them in the near future about how things are going, taking into account the feelings of Rochdale fans who have been affected.

That could do with being done before and not after it suitably pisses folk off enough from them ever returning again though, the increase in price on the day for matchday tickets is and always will be a fooking stupid idea for a club our size, whilst struggling to attract fans to begin with.
Ticket site on 21:13 - Sep 27 with 3165 views442Dale

Ticket site on 21:11 - Sep 27 by nordenblue

That could do with being done before and not after it suitably pisses folk off enough from them ever returning again though, the increase in price on the day for matchday tickets is and always will be a fooking stupid idea for a club our size, whilst struggling to attract fans to begin with.

And any analysis has to be done from a Dale perspective. Mentions of the increase in revenue from away fans will be treated with the contempt it deserves.

Login to get fewer ads

Ticket site on 21:17 - Sep 27 with 3152 viewskel

I’ve just had someone else try for me and they had the same issue I did. As I don’t want to let my kids down I’m going to pop to the club in the morning and explain the problems I’ve had. Hopefully they will see there’s a problem and rectify it. They’ve always been very helpful in the past when I’ve been to the ticket office so they deserve an opportunity to correct it.
Ticket site on 21:21 - Sep 27 with 3139 views442Dale

Ticket site on 21:17 - Sep 27 by kel

I’ve just had someone else try for me and they had the same issue I did. As I don’t want to let my kids down I’m going to pop to the club in the morning and explain the problems I’ve had. Hopefully they will see there’s a problem and rectify it. They’ve always been very helpful in the past when I’ve been to the ticket office so they deserve an opportunity to correct it.

Maybe take a screenshot on your phone to illustrate the problem? Hope it gets sorted.

If not, you won’t be the first choice to sort any meteors heading for earth.

Ticket site on 21:49 - Sep 27 with 3074 viewsdingdangblue

Ticket site on 20:42 - Sep 27 by kel

Sorry just seen this.
I just went onto Wycombe ticket and it gave me 4 options to select.
Adult
Child
Senior
Yp

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Ticket site on 22:03 - Sep 27 with 3048 viewskel

Ticket site on 21:49 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

Sorry just seen this.
I just went onto Wycombe ticket and it gave me 4 options to select.
Adult
Child
Senior
Yp

Cheers. Same here but when I selected one of the other options only the seniors price changed but none of the others.
Ticket site on 22:29 - Sep 27 with 2983 viewsdingdangblue

Ticket site on 22:03 - Sep 27 by kel

Cheers. Same here but when I selected one of the other options only the seniors price changed but none of the others.

All I did then was click on the seat in the stand, choose the child option and the basket said £5.

Ticket site on 22:32 - Sep 27 with 2977 viewsrochdaleriddler

Top fan

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ticket site on 22:33 - Sep 27 with 2971 viewskel

Ticket site on 22:32 - Sep 27 by rochdaleriddler

Top fan

Me? Would you like to elucidate?

Edit - As you’ve done your usual trick of logging out when challenged after supping too much what constitutes a top fan in your mind? Someone who gets that hammered at a game (let’s say Shrewsbury away as an example) that he has to use one hand to prop himself up against a wall in the toilets at the end of a game just to have a pi­ss? An absolute mess and a loner of a man.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2019 22:50]
Ticket site on 22:34 - Sep 27 with 2968 viewskel

Ticket site on 22:29 - Sep 27 by dingdangblue

All I did then was click on the seat in the stand, choose the child option and the basket said £5.

Cheers. Couldn’t get it to work myself though.
Ticket site on 23:13 - Sep 27 with 2896 viewsTVOS1907

Ticket site on 22:33 - Sep 27 by kel

Edit - As you’ve done your usual trick of logging out when challenged after supping too much what constitutes a top fan in your mind? Someone who gets that hammered at a game (let’s say Shrewsbury away as an example) that he has to use one hand to prop himself up against a wall in the toilets at the end of a game just to have a pi­ss? An absolute mess and a loner of a man.

You were a top fans when you were cupping your ears to The Cherries at Dean Court!

Ten years ago next month, in case you were wondering.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Ticket site on 08:32 - Sep 28 with 2670 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ticket site on 22:33 - Sep 27 by kel

Haha, I didn’t ‘log out’ I went to bed. I hadn’t been drinking, I wasn’t alone in Shrewsbury , I always put one hand on the wall when pissing . Why not introduce yourself next time you are stalking me in the toilets. I will be at Wimbledon next week

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Ticket site on 08:44 - Sep 28 with 2643 viewskel

Ticket site on 08:32 - Sep 28 by rochdaleriddler

Haha, I didn’t ‘log out’ I went to bed. I hadn’t been drinking, I wasn’t alone in Shrewsbury , I always put one hand on the wall when pissing . Why not introduce yourself next time you are stalking me in the toilets. I will be at Wimbledon next week

Well where do I start? Ok, let’s start with my original question - What constitutes a top fan in your eyes? Bet you don’t answer.

Then we move on to the next part.

I’d hardly call being in a toilet with about 60 other blokes needing a pi­ss staking someone. Perhaps, just perhaps it was a coincidence we were in there at the same time.

Why on earth would I want to introduce myself to you? I couldn’t think of anything worse than conversing with you in ‘real life.’ Besides, I’ve got my kids next weekend so Wimbledon is a no go for me. Silly me not being a top fan again eh?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 8:57]
Ticket site on 08:45 - Sep 28 with 2637 viewskel

Ticket site on 23:13 - Sep 27 by TVOS1907

You were a top fans when you were cupping your ears to The Cherries at Dean Court!

Ten years ago next month, in case you were wondering.

Seems like only yesterday. Does attending Bournemouth away make me a top fan though? I’m confused now.
Ticket site on 08:57 - Sep 28 with 2606 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ticket site on 08:44 - Sep 28 by kel

Well where do I start? Ok, let’s start with my original question - What constitutes a top fan in your eyes? Bet you don’t answer.

Then we move on to the next part.

I’d hardly call being in a toilet with about 60 other blokes needing a pi­ss staking someone. Perhaps, just perhaps it was a coincidence we were in there at the same time.

Why on earth would I want to introduce myself to you? I couldn’t think of anything worse than conversing with you in ‘real life.’ Besides, I’ve got my kids next weekend so Wimbledon is a no go for me. Silly me not being a top fan again eh?
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 8:57]

Well I’ll start here, my post was not really serious, it was a little dig at someone maybe choosing to go to Pizza Hut instead of the Dale. I don’t know you , but clearly you know who I am. If you can accuse me of being unable to stand to piss, on a public forum, you could perhaps have the courage to identify yourself to me. My definition of a top fan would be someone who goes to as many games as they can physically get to , and who is vocal in their support of the team. You lost your bet.

Ticket site on 09:02 - Sep 28 with 2585 viewskel

Ticket site on 08:57 - Sep 28 by rochdaleriddler

Well I’ll start here, my post was not really serious, it was a little dig at someone maybe choosing to go to Pizza Hut instead of the Dale. I don’t know you , but clearly you know who I am. If you can accuse me of being unable to stand to piss, on a public forum, you could perhaps have the courage to identify yourself to me. My definition of a top fan would be someone who goes to as many games as they can physically get to , and who is vocal in their support of the team. You lost your bet.

Well if it’s a choice of paying £88 for an adult and three kids to Dale compared to about £40 at Pizza Hut (which my kids would enjoy just as much), I’ll be the one who decides where my money goes thanks. If that doesn’t make me a top fan in your eyes then it’s tough sh­it really.

You seem to be assuming I don’t get to as many games as I am able to and don’t support the team vocally when I do get there. Yet earlier in your post you claim not to know me so how does that work?
Ticket site on 09:11 - Sep 28 with 2563 viewsrochdaleriddler

Ticket site on 09:02 - Sep 28 by kel

Well if it’s a choice of paying £88 for an adult and three kids to Dale compared to about £40 at Pizza Hut (which my kids would enjoy just as much), I’ll be the one who decides where my money goes thanks. If that doesn’t make me a top fan in your eyes then it’s tough sh­it really.

You seem to be assuming I don’t get to as many games as I am able to and don’t support the team vocally when I do get there. Yet earlier in your post you claim not to know me so how does that work?

You asked me for my definition , I gave it. I’ve no idea how many games you go to, I would have made the top fan comment to anyone who said what you did, it wasn’t a serious comment. I also agree that this price rise on the day is ridiculous . However it’s £34 for me and 1 child to sit at Wimbledon next week.
I’ll be making no further comments on this thread.

Ticket site on 10:31 - Sep 28 with 2460 viewskel

Right, an update for anyone who’s interested away from the sniping.

I’ve just been to the office and explained the issue and was asked if I was using google chrome. I stated I used safari on my iPad and iPhone and ie on my laptop. I was told it sometimes doesn’t work on your phone. This despite me already saying I’d used a laptop too as well as a friend who tried on his laptop for me. I was told that “ tickets have been on sale for weeks” to which I explained I only made the decision to come last night and the site allows you to buy up to midnight at the advance prices so the amount of time they have been on sale is irrelevant.

Basically they refused to honour the advance prices when I asked even though their site isn’t for for purpose. I was then told to ring next time so I’ll bear that in mind on the next Friday night at 9 I decide I want to attend.

What made it worse is the chief exec (albeit on his phone) was in the office and I know he reads this board yet the staff didn’t even bother to check it with him.

Such a shame as I’ve previously stated they’ve always been helpful and a bit of discretion could have been used as the fault lay with them. I now need to let three kids down who I’ve promised to take to the game today.

Nice one Rochdale.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 10:35]
Ticket site on 10:36 - Sep 28 with 2437 viewsD_Alien

Ticket site on 10:31 - Sep 28 by kel

Right, an update for anyone who’s interested away from the sniping.

I’ve just been to the office and explained the issue and was asked if I was using google chrome. I stated I used safari on my iPad and iPhone and ie on my laptop. I was told it sometimes doesn’t work on your phone. This despite me already saying I’d used a laptop too as well as a friend who tried on his laptop for me. I was told that “ tickets have been on sale for weeks” to which I explained I only made the decision to come last night and the site allows you to buy up to midnight at the advance prices so the amount of time they have been on sale is irrelevant.

Basically they refused to honour the advance prices when I asked even though their site isn’t for for purpose. I was then told to ring next time so I’ll bear that in mind on the next Friday night at 9 I decide I want to attend.

What made it worse is the chief exec (albeit on his phone) was in the office and I know he reads this board yet the staff didn’t even bother to check it with him.

Such a shame as I’ve previously stated they’ve always been helpful and a bit of discretion could have been used as the fault lay with them. I now need to let three kids down who I’ve promised to take to the game today.

Nice one Rochdale.
[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 10:35]

That's pretty shit of them

The CEO will be aware of your attempts last night via this thread

If it's any consolation, the game will 99% certain be off

Enjoy the pizzas

[Post edited 28 Sep 2019 10:37]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024